This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    of all the dead people end up on the faith planet then we're right back to deaths not having any meanings.
    By this shows own rules there are thousands of alternate timelines where Riley is still alive. Death has never had any 'finality' meaning in Stargate. There are so many ways to bring someone back, clones, alternate reality people, alternate timeline people, ascension. It would be suprising if we never encountered Riley again.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

RIP Riley, he was my favourite character on the show. I just hope the TPTB don't bring him back like they did on the previous SG shows.

Anybody working on the RIP Riley signatures yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
        RIP

Anybody working on the RIP Riley signatures yet?
        you wouldn't be able to use them till the ep airs in usa syndication without covering them in spoilers tags for about 2 years.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Yeah there were a lot of things that felt like SGA to me in this episode. How Young let Riley die reminded me of how Sheppard shot Sumner when he was being fed on by the Wraith. When Rush walks into the ship's bridge, all the lights come one, reminds me of when they enter the city of Atlantis for the first time, or when Daniel and Mckay discover Janus' secret room. It just felt like a classic SG ep to me. The hallucinations reminded me of Grace and Grace Under Pressure. So like I said a lot of things felt like old school SG.

I think Aftermath is a good example of them taking the old and the new and finding a good medium. the special effects of the shuttle crashing were very impressive. So overall a very good episode to me.
          They used the Stargate to free a damanged ship. Its Tagnet
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll admit it, I was expecting this ep to be the usual false danger and character shield tripe that SGA got us into. Truly a great end for Riley, and I absolutely LOVED how they used his "It's not being here, it's not being there" monologue from his Kinosode as a send off. Truly amazing.

Good to see Gloria and Franklin again, and even better that Rush questions his sanity. I'll admit, I really hope that Rush seeing the two of them is linked to his chair experience, if they're not going to let Rush slowly lose his mind.

And... in (almost) before anyone says Franklin ascended. Anyone who wants to claim he did better back it up.
            Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
              That episode was absolutely heartbreaking.

Spoiler:
              poor riley!
              This episode was both incredible, and heartbreaking at the same time. The fact that Rush found Destiny's bridge was great, as well as the character interaction. All that though was overshadowed by
              Spoiler:
              the loss of Riley. RIP Hunter Riley
              Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Man, that was sad. I didn't want to accept it at first. You thought there'd be an out. But it just goes further and further in, your hopes dying ever so slowly with it. That was powerful stuff. But I could go on all day about that, and I don't want to.

Young's obviously not coping well. I could excuse hitting the bottle once, and I'll let him slide this second time for what he had to do (don't think I could in the same situation), but third time isn't going to be a charm.

At least we kept some of the Alliance officers. Koz better be among them. I only noticed the main three. He seems like a good guy.

Finally, set up for the next episode. Mysterious object coming, and Rush has an idea of what it is obviously.

Comment

So... anyone else wondering when Rush found the bridge? He knew exactly where to go once he realized he'd cracked the master code, then input it from there.

Somebody's been doing some exploring...

Comment

Anyone else notice what the writers did to us? With them giving TJ hope of her daughter being on the Faith planet.. they've given us that little glimmer of hope that Riley is there as well!

Overall, fantastic episode. Rush better get a headbutt from Young though when Young finds out that he's at fault for that whole thing. They still dont have any more food or water do they? The whole mission was for naught?

Comment

Anyone else notice what the writers did to us? With them giving TJ hope of her daughter being on the Faith planet.. they've given us that little glimmer of hope that Riley is there as well!

Overall, fantastic episode. Rush better get a headbutt from Young though when Young finds out that he's at fault for that whole thing. They still dont have any more food or water do they? The whole mission was for naught?
                      I don't think so. Riley is defiantly dead. Its pretty obviou
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

the faith planet isn't sgu heaven.... i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I don't think so. Riley is defiantly dead. Its pretty obviou
                          So is baby Carmen but that didn't stop the writers... lol

We're out of shuttles now too right? Time to gate in a puddle jumper from Atlantis yet or..
                          Spoiler:
                          they just gonna steal fresh shuttles from the "object" that looks like Destiny they hint about in the teaser?

Comment

So is baby Carmen but that didn't stop the writers... lol
                            that's up for debate.

Comment

Thats different they spent effort showing TJ about her baby and they said the reason was because the baby didn't have a choice. But I don't think we can say every SGU death means they are off to the Faith planet.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Easier to let an adult die than a child. I still think that whole Carmen bit pretty much smacked of cowardice on the part of the writers.

Comment

Working...
                                X