X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    And SG teams chasing after it.

"Wait! Come back! We want to go through you!"
    Darn you all, now I can't take that scene (playing much like Benny Hill chases, with BH music! *headdesk*) out of my head and I can't stop laughing! And I shouldn't laugh when the episode was so sad...
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

OMG that would be hilarious to watch. Have the charcters dialing Destiny when the stargate starts to rool cause its dialing and have the wormhole engage then the characters having to jump trough the gate as it rolled. XD

Comment

What I suspect would happen would be that is would start rolling in one direction, but when the next chevron engages, it rolls back again. So a process of rolling back and forth with each consecutive chevron lock would go on until it actually came to rest where it started and the gate would engage. Very clever of the Ancients actually.

Comment

Except the ground beneath it is uneven and you're forgetting about momentum. When the gate first dialled, it would start going like a wheel. When it stopped and changed direction, it would have to fight its own momentum, likely knocking itself over. Assuming it didn't manage this by the time it stopped dialling, it would just keep rolling from the final spin.

Comment

Really good episode last night. While I was sad to see Riley go, they at least made his death very emotional. You could tell how affected everyone was by it, and even my wife and I had a hard time dealing with what Young had to do. I have a feeling he is very near a cracking point after all that has gone on.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
              Riley was the most humane of the Destinites "How we treat prisoners in war says everything about us as a moral and civil society." Says it all really.
              i knew as soon as they gave him that line he wasn't going to see the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                Just to end the "gate was buried upright" vs "no it wasn't" argument... no it wasn't.
                Sorry, but that doesn't really end the debate in your favor for me. When I look at those images, I see the very top of the gate poking out of the ground. Standing vertically, as it is still heavily buried by debris, which they spend a long time digging, and then blowing up.

I mean, they have these huge stand-things that keep them upright and spinning- I imagine it would take a lot to knock the gates over along with the whole mechanism that holds them there and spins them when activated. And it would most definitely be impossible to lift it all. I realize that's partly some people's point when they argue that it wasn't upright, but I bring it up because I don't believe they really meant to imply that they physically lifted the gate. All they did was clear debris and there it was standing.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                  Except the ground beneath it is uneven and you're forgetting about momentum. When the gate first dialled, it would start going like a wheel. When it stopped and changed direction, it would have to fight its own momentum, likely knocking itself over. Assuming it didn't manage this by the time it stopped dialling, it would just keep rolling from the final spin.
                  Ahh Morb, You taking the fun out of it...

Comment

I did look back and watch the Bridge scenes again and the people that said the bridge was rising when everything activated were RIGHT!! You see the whole bridge section from the top of the ship rising when the shot goes exterior during the event.

Comment

I don't think that TJ telling Riley about the baby means that he's necessarily going there I think it is to start whispers on the ship due to the fact that Lisa was there listening

Comment

Lisa doesn't seem like the gossipy type to me. She's always seemed supportive if anything.

Comment

Did she seem like the type that would go around having sex to pass the time

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                            Sorry, but that doesn't really end the debate in your favor for me. When I look at those images, I see the very top of the gate poking out of the ground. Standing vertically, as it is still heavily buried by debris, which they spend a long time digging, and then blowing up.

I mean, they have these huge stand-things that keep them upright and spinning- I imagine it would take a lot to knock the gates over along with the whole mechanism that holds them there and spins them when activated. And it would most definitely be impossible to lift it all. I realize that's partly some people's point when they argue that it wasn't upright, but I bring it up because I don't believe they really meant to imply that they physically lifted the gate. All they did was clear debris and there it was standing.
                            The gate is a circle. The top of a circle appears as a line. Greer was standing on an arc. Impossible, unless the circle is perpendicular to him.

As for how they cleared it, I would guess they did with a bit of C4 what Jack and Teal'c did with their hands in 100 Days. As for how they stood it up... a wizard did it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anybody notice that Airmen Dunning just disappeared. He was last seen when Dunning and Scott was trying to lift the debris off of Riley's legs. That was the scene that showed Dunning and Park reacting to the blood that was all over TJ's hand and Dunning was never seen again. He was NEVER at the dig site or seen coming through the gate. It was James, Volker, Greer and Eli primarily at the gate and then Scott. Park was in the scene when Young entered the shuttled until the time TJ & Park left the shuttle and Park was standing outside with Scott, Greer and TJ. Scott, James & Eli were the first to come through the gate so it is assumed that Dunning came through with Volker.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                                Anybody notice that Airmen Dunning just disappeared. He was last seen when Dunning and Scott was trying to lift the debris off of Riley's legs. That was the scene that showed Dunning and Park reacting to the blood that was all over TJ's hand and Dunning was never seen again. He was NEVER at the dig site or seen coming through the gate. It was James, Volker, Greer and Eli primarily at the gate and then Scott. Park was in the scene when Young entered the shuttled until the time TJ & Park left the shuttle and Park was standing outside with Scott, Greer and TJ. Scott, James & Eli were the first to come through the gate so it is assumed that Dunning came through with Volker.
                                Yes! I was just coming back in here to mention that! One minute he's there, then*poof* he's gone. Mysterious...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X