No announcement yet.

All knowing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought the Ascended as all Knowing.. I thought that even though their watching what they see interest in.. that its a collective knowledge Much as the replicators had... Personalities are kept to each other but the knowledge of the whole is shared.. That would in a way explain how when Rodney came close to ascension he was able to know exactly what he needed to revert himself back.

If there is an ancient on board destiny they have complete free will to do as they pleased... ascended beings aren't everywhere all the time... look at the Ori... They where within their own galaxy.. So an ascended being can tag along and at some point would be to far off that the OTHERS wont interfere...

Comment

I think its been established in previous episodes concerning Ascended beings that the range of their collective control is limited to scope of the galaxy they inhabit, hence, the Ancients shielding the Milky Way from the Ori, and the Ori (as far as we know) leeching the will from just their home galaxy, though i would have thought the Ori being what they were would have spread as far as possible to increase their power.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I think the Ancients know about what's going on, even if all the Ascended don't. I am not sure why people brought up the Ascended not being all knowing or even omnipresent, this doesn't matter. We've seen several times how the Ancients always keep an eye out on things that interest them.

Oma did it with Daniel when we was killed by Replicarter. Mainly this has been keeping an eye on other Ascended beings (Oma, Merlin, Morgan, Daniel, Anubis, the chick John tried to hook up with, Orlin) but they still watched Atlantis, they still hid the existence of Milky Way humans, and I think that watching Destiny would be just as important. I wouldn't be surprised if Rush's "ghosts" turned out to be Ancients.
        i think that too. i believe that (the guy that sat in the chair, can't remember his name), accended. and is really talking to rush, but he is unable to interfer directly, which is why he hasn't told the rest of the crew about the bridge and is trying to get rush to tell them.

and as said above, daniel said they aren't all knowing, they just know what they have learned, which is more than a non-accended person. also what they are interested in knowing, daniel obveously kept an eye on sg1.
        sigpic

Comment

They can control matter, to a certain limit, and time, by how precise they can be in their interventions.

Do they have a universal knowledge, i doubt it, but can each individual know the entire Ancient database, why not, and much more now that they have a new plane/dimension to explore and learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
            Do you guys think that the ascended beings know about the mission of the Destiny? Do they really know everything? I don't think so, I think is still not everything, but allot and they tell themselves they are allknowing, but still they are flawed.
            maybe the anicents went and visited the area once their ascened
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
              thy could just copy the atlantis database into their minds and find out about destiny , then just appear near the destination
              That's assuming that we are even anywheere they can get to. Who's to say where the Destiny is at, is not too far away even for the ascended. WE know the Ori could not get here.. so they built the supergate.

though i would have thought the Ori being what they were would have spread as far as possible to increase their power.
              Maybe they didnt find life elsewhere to dominate..

Comment

The ascended Ori could probably get there, thing is, the Ancients would stop them.
                I believe the "illusions" Rush have been seeing may be Ascended Ancients.
                Kinda like how Morgan Le Fay posed as Merlin to Daniel.

Comment

i think there are more ascended beings, not only the alterrans and ori.

Comment

I hope so in some way, but hope not in others....

Comment

As I understood it, ascended being aren't all-knowing but they have a greater understanding about the workings of the universe. So my theory is that Destiny was launched long before they learned to ascend, and now that they have they have no more use for Destiny since they already know the answer.

Comment

Perhaps some ascended beings do not have the non interference rule..

Comment

Working...
                        X