Which direction should we be looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueray View Post
    i wish they would give us an idea of how far away they are. it would be cool if they were suddenly either in the peagus galaxy or the ori galaxy.
    Pegasus was the first galaxy destiny went through, as seen on the star map in Air. We don't know howfar the ori galaxy is though? so it "could be possible". I think destiny is a lot further away than the ori galaxy is though.

Comment

I thought this thread was a serious question....thought I had to burst the OP's bubble about SG not being real.
      sigpic

Comment

You could burst my bubble all you want, however, all stories have to use reference points from somewhere.

In fact, by the end of Battle Star Galactica, where the viewers thought we stemmed from where they called Earth was not our Earth, but Earth II evidently was. Not to say that's real, but curious enough that it could have been a possibility.

And considering the premise of the show wrapped around the western zodiac mythos, it's pretty much like early SG-1 where they used egyptian mythos to kickstart the story.

The labeling of the planets nomenclature is real. What's to say the writers' decision choice of planetary and galaxy travel to known named designations is not?

Although Science Fiction, you cannot deny the curiousity that some other aliens may already be how we're defining the ancients as we speak. And these are the documented uncovering. Taken with a grain of salt, of course.

And the beyond our sky is the Stargate Worlds' reference point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Since Air Part 1 I've been thinking that Destiny is somewhere beyond the Sloan Great Wall.
          The Sloan Great Wall of Galaxies is approx. one billion light-years from Earth, while I think Destiny is probably 500Million-800Million Light Years out, this would probably be a pretty close estimate (Cold Fuzz's thought)...... Although I doubt were even heading in that direction (although we could be). It might make sense though that more Structures (formations of Galaxies) would be located more closer to the Big-Bang Origin...... So maybe you right about the directions, plus the Sloan wall is pretty massive @ 1.37 billion light years in length. But just like the 200million light years off from my guess (500-800million) and your guess 1 Billion being not that big of a difference (200mil light years is a long way when thinking about it), and Were talking about the Universe and ITS HUGE, So chances are even though the Sloan Wall is massive were probably not heading in that direction, But Who knows whats going on, I wish BW/RC would shed more light on these type of things, but then they'd have to be held accountable and abide by them......
          Last edited by BRiDGELiFE; 17 November 2010, 08:16 PM.
          sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Destiny is so far away that no telescope would ever be able to see even the galaxy it is in. It'd appear as a dot of light, at best.
            this
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Joben View Post
              Since the speed of light is the speed of light, wouldn't that mean that if we could see Destiny, it would have been a ridiculous amount of time ago and the ship/crew would all be dead?
              Yes. For example, if the galaxy Destiny is in is 500 Million light years away, it would take the amount of time lights travels times 500 million in order to become visible by a telescope on Earth.

I think the point of the topic though is curiosity about where Destiny could be if they were this far out.

Comment

Working...
              X