• Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty soon i'm hoping telford
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well...
      Spoiler:
      Looks like Telford has a way-in, but he can't get past Young easily. Young has to slip up here by not playing ball.

Comment

Part of me was hoping when telford came back he actually told rush the IOA/SGC put him in charge... just to see young's reaction. BUT i like he is at least playing ball for now.

Comment

I hate to go all "real world" on everyone, but there is matter of LDP's willingness to be a regular part of the show to consider. The leader has to appear in most (if not all) of the episodes. I can't think of an episode that Young isn't in. After all, it was weird when Carter took over Atlantis and barely showed up to command.

I'm willing to bet that LDP's presence is short lived. Perhaps TPTB will give him authority, but it will also be short lived.
          Spoiler:
          Telford might even meet his end on the seeder ship by dying or being left behind.

Comment

Its not uncommmon for two officers of the same rank to have a superior between the two it simply comes down to seniorority. whoever has the older service number ie who has longer service is the senior man. Having said that Young has being tasked with command of the ship, even if telford outranked young by seniorority he still coulnt just assume command he would have to be appointed to the role by his superiors.

Comment

And with how he seemed to indicate tht is what SGC was pushing for, if young didnt play ball, they at least have put Young on a leash.

Comment

when tealc was brainwashed and came out of it, he was immediately re-instated into duty, no questions asked. He was never a member of the US military but they still never questioned him. Why would this be any different? The brainwashing has clearly been erased. telford is clearly the man for the job but i think the whole point of youngs character is that he is not the man for the job but is stuck with it regardless. I certainly hope Telford stays on, he is a great character and clearly should be the leader. but he will be killed soon. there is no way they will carry LDP and RC as regulars. it would sweet if they do though. I am really looking forward to seeing how everyone comes together despite all the crap they have been through

Comment

Originally posted by kellx View Post
                  when tealc was brainwashed and came out of it, he was immediately re-instated into duty, no questions asked. He was never a member of the US military but they still never questioned him. Why would this be any different? The brainwashing has clearly been erased. telford is clearly the man for the job but i think the whole point of youngs character is that he is not the man for the job but is stuck with it regardless. I certainly hope Telford stays on, he is a great character and clearly should be the leader. but he will be killed soon. there is no way they will carry LDP and RC as regulars. it would sweet if they do though. I am really looking forward to seeing how everyone comes together despite all the crap they have been through
                  Because SGU tends to focus on the consquences of our actions a lot more then past series
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                    I look at it just a little differently.

Young will stay in command - Wray as HR

Staying with the SGC thought process they will want Colonels heading up primary teams which is why Sheppard was finally promoted.
                    Now that there is 2 colonels on board it would seem likely that Telford will head up the main off world team.
                    Er ... Shep was promoted to Lt. Colonel, because Elizabeth insisted on it, so that he could remain in command in Atlantis. The SGC and IOA had Colonel Caldwell in mind to take over the military contingent, and Elizabeth refused to accept that. She said if the SGC/IOA didn't like having a Major in command, then they'd just have to promote Shep. Which they wound up doing.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Er ... Shep was promoted to Lt. Colonel, because Elizabeth insisted on it, so that he could remain in command in Atlantis. The SGC and IOA had Colonel Caldwell in mind to take over the military contingent, and Elizabeth refused to accept that. She said if the SGC/IOA didn't like having a Major in command, then they'd just have to promote Shep. Which they wound up doing.
                      You missed the point plus I was sparing everyone the "process" in which Shepard was promoted. I am sure that there are people who didn't follow SGA. I did follow, so you are preaching to the choir with how the events unfolded. You are assuming that I did not know this and you would be wrong.
                      Last edited by SciFiRick; 09 October 2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X