Destiny's weapon systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mardius View Post
    my theory is that what it fires is the precursor to the drone, same power but without the mental control.
    You got all that by looking at a turret no different to main guns seen on warships today? Well done!
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
      You got all that by looking at a turret no different to main guns seen on warships today? Well done!
      He called it a theory, he didn't claim it to be gospel or shoot down anything anyone else said. As far as I know speculation is allowed.

Honestly, I think they will be more along the lines of standard particle weapons, since everything on the ship so far seems to be designed to be self-sustained. Having something not requiring ammo would make it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
        He called it a theory, he didn't claim it to be gospel or shoot down anything anyone else said. As far as I know speculation is allowed.
        B-b-b-but I'm baffled at how a set of pipes could be construed as an automated proto-drone launcher. Speculation is ace, but there should be some factual basis to start from

Honestly, I think they will be more along the lines of standard particle weapons, since everything on the ship so far seems to be designed to be self-sustained. Having something not requiring ammo would make it easier.
        Agreed.
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
          B-b-b-but I'm baffled at how a set of pipes could be construed as an automated proto-drone launcher. Speculation is ace, but there should be some factual basis to start from
          He was probably just being hopeful because, let's face it; drones are awesome!

Comment

Yeah those look more like energy weapons than drone launchers. Of course considering the age of the Destiny those cannons would probably have a hard time punching through Goauld shields.
            sigpic
            Doci of the BAG

Comment

If 1 little drone could smack down an entire ha'tak, then I'm sure their predecessors were able to pack a serious punch too ^^

Keep in mind, even at the time of destinys launch, the ancients were still capable of stargate construction, ftl travel and highly advanced AI (as seen on destiny). I reckon they'd be able to construct weapons good enough to pwn the goa'uld. =P

Comment

If 1 little drone could smack down an entire ha'tak, then I'm sure their predecessors were able to pack a serious punch too ^^

Keep in mind, even at the time of destinys launch, the ancients were still capable of stargate construction, ftl travel and highly advanced AI (as seen on destiny). I reckon they'd be able to construct weapons good enough to pwn the goa'uld. =P

Comment

I would assume that the weapons are only automated like the refueling and such.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smooTh__ View Post

I don't know. With shield tech having advanced so much I think the Destiny would have a problem with a fleet of Hataks. Though with Destiny's shields it would just end up a stalmate in my mind.
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                      there are plenty on the sides aswell.

i see one shuttle is missing on the left.
                      there is no place for a shuttle on the left, there is a spot for another shuttle behind the one on the right

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                      I don't know. With shield tech having advanced so much I think the Destiny would have a problem with a fleet of Hataks. Though with Destiny's shields it would just end up a stalmate in my mind.
                      yea i think that a hatak against the destiny would end pretty bad for destiny. the only reason i think the shield lasted like the did in the star is they were designed to use teh energy from the star to power he shields as it went.

oh and there are 4 cannons (that we have seen) on destiny, there are two on the back of the ship facing behind them

Comment

I wish they shoot like white lasers or something.

That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by j_talyn View Post
                          I'm also wondering if there is priority level weapon or main cannon. So far I've only seen those turret like cannon system's. That's a pretty massive ship and I would hope there's an "ace up its own sleeve."
                          there is a main cannon on the underside of the ship
                          Spoiler:
                          it is used against one of the blue alien's motherships
                          ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Working...
                          X