Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom line: How long can they continue like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, I figured that since she was a Senator's daughter, and his personal assistant at that, she'd be the first one to take leadership of the civilian crew if/when it comes to a head with the military part. It's been established that she's a PoliSci student, yes?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      Funny, I figured that since she was a Senator's daughter, and his personal assistant at that, she'd be the first one to take leadership of the civilian crew if/when it comes to a head with the military part. It's been established that she's a PoliSci student, yes?
      She's a senator's daughter, not the next in line to the throne!

But I am sure that she could help smooth things over between the different factions on board.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, i think we're going to have a Kes on the show, and it'll likely be Chloe
        Due to my bad memory for names, I had to go to Wikipedia to remind myself who Kes was.

Kes brings a great deal of joy to Voyager's crew. Her youthful exuberance, curiosity and compassion make her a favorite with the crew. Though young and in many ways naive, she has great presence of mind and resourcefulness.
        Oh my. To convert Chole to Kes - a lot of work, a LOT of work! However...I would highly approve of that bit of character development.

Comment

Five years or so.
          We've got a stock of ten word episode titles in a thread somewhere just in case it lasts to season ten
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

that will likely be another way chloe will 'prove her worth', lend some diplomatic experience whenever they run across aliens

we will, however, soon see a distribution of responsibilities. food, water, air, clothing, and other supplies...it's a full time job to keep that up. There's no walmart to buy new undies at. They'll either need to learn to weave clothing and sew, or find aliens to trade with.

medicines, toothpaste, deodorant, etc...that will all have to be made. And those things will take people all day to do.

washing clothes, dental work, etc, they're all tasks that we take for granted.

survival is a full time job.

and every one of the 80+ survivors will need to contribute in some way.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
              They just wait till the ship slows down at each Solar Sytem and Galaxy.. and try to get supplies.. and the lunatics create problems for the good people on the ship.. how long can this go on without weekly story burnout?
              It's a good question.
              I don't know. These people seem highly trifling and self destructive. I feel this would have been more interesting if an actual antagonist instead of them antagonizing themselves.

Comment

what the destiny needs, more than anything else, is a common goal.

they all need something to rally behind.

what we've seen, especially in the last part of Air, was a couple going off on their own - and likely got dead because of it.

now, the crux will be...what is that goal? And it'll be a major battle between Young and Rush.

Cause Young will want the goal to be 'get home', and Rush will want the goal to be 'explore the destiny'

And they can't do both.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  what the destiny needs, more than anything else, is a common goal.

they all need something to rally behind.

what we've seen, especially in the last part of Air, was a couple going off on their own - and likely got dead because of it.

now, the crux will be...what is that goal? And it'll be a major battle between Young and Rush.

Cause Young will want the goal to be 'get home', and Rush will want the goal to be 'explore the destiny'

And they can't do both.
                  I think they're going elsewhere, and I'm not sure that Rush and Young would prove to be polarizing enough after all, Rush is a civilian and Young himself doesn't seem to be motivated enough. I don't understand him.

But ultimately I concur. They need a common goal...other than the obvious, we want to go home. But then again, in reality this would be enough for almost anyone to cooperate under. These are all people that had similar goals on the other side of the gate as they did on this side. This wasn't like putting two enemies in a room together, so really the whole idea of SGU...

"The wrong people in the wrong place"

Is completely absurd.
                  As has been asked before by many, Why are these people even remotely related to the Stargate program? If it's so obvious they are the wrong people that Young can hold up a file to an IOA officer and say that flat out why are they there? It's made little sense...scratch...no sense at all from the begining.

Some related this show to Voyager.
                  But Voyager took Maquis and Star Fleet and put them on the same ship. They all wanted to get home so they cooperated but they also had intrinsic problems among them (Voyager didn't explore those problems enough) Voyager didn't sabotage each other, needlessly.

Voyager was classic situational Drama
                  I'm not sure what SGU is.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                    I think they're going elsewhere, and I'm not sure that Rush and Young would prove to be polarizing enough after all, Rush is a civilian and Young himself doesn't seem to be motivated enough. I don't understand him.

But ultimately I concur. They need a common goal...other than the obvious, we want to go home. But then again, in reality this would be enough for almost anyone to cooperate under. These are all people that had similar goals on the other side of the gate as they did on this side. This wasn't like putting two enemies in a room together, so really the whole idea of SGU...

Is completely absurd.
                    As has been asked before by many, Why are these people even remotely related to the Stargate program? If it's so obvious they are the wrong people that Young can hold up a file to an IOA officer and say that flat out why are they there? It's made little sense...scratch...no sense at all from the begining.

Some related this show to Voyager.
                    But Voyager took Maquis and Star Fleet and put them on the same ship. They all wanted to get home so they cooperated but they also had intrinsic problems among them (Voyager didn't explore those problems enough) Voyager didn't sabotage each other, needlessly.

Voyager was classic situational Drama
                    I'm not sure what SGU is.
                    I have to agree on one point mainly.
                    That line about being the wrong people is bogus. You have well trained SG soldiers plus highly intellagent scientists and a math wiz.

They may not be the best, but they are not the worst. And this is where SGU falls short. That line and notion is at best contrived.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

They just wait till the ship slows down at each Solar Sytem and Galaxy.. and try to get supplies.. and the lunatics create problems for the good people on the ship.. how long can this go on without weekly story burnout?
                      Technically Solar System refers to our own System Seeing as Sol is our Star.

Comment

To be honest...i'm hoping they start encountering alien races. Ones they can communicate with...so far it seems very lonely in that part of the universe.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          I have to agree on one point mainly.
                          That line about being the wrong people is bogus. You have well trained SG soldiers plus highly intellagent scientists and a math wiz.

They may not be the best, but they are not the worst. And this is where SGU falls short. That line and notion is at best contrived.
                          I agree it's a tag line and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post

Is completely absurd.
                            As has been asked before by many, Why are these people even remotely related to the Stargate program? If it's so obvious they are the wrong people that Young can hold up a file to an IOA officer and say that flat out why are they there? It's made little sense...scratch...no sense at all from the begining
                            What do you expect of the typical scientist to be? Seriously? Not every scientist is a Carter or a McKay. The SGC has numerous scientists who do nothing but work in the comfort of their own labs and have little to no off world experience. They have numerous scientists in the program who are botanists, biologists, paleontologists, geologists and others than don't work with Ancient technology is any capacity. They certainly would be the wrong people to have on an severely damaged Ancient ship.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Assuming they didn't burn out already?

Well, it was supposed to last 3 seasons - wasn't that the rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                                To be honest...i'm hoping they start encountering alien races. Ones they can communicate with...so far it seems very lonely in that part of the universe.
                                1. there on a runaway train
                                2. it's only been 3 weeks
                                3. no one has settled in and accepted that their never getting home.
                                4. and if this series is going to be like bsg nearly all planets are barren
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X