"At least a dozen times"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcoy View Post
    Actually he died because TJ decided not to share the information about the sand creatures.
    He died because he started shooting at the creatures for no reason, TJ managed not to do that without prior information, there's no reason he couldn't too. I mean how stupid do you need to be to start shooting at something you know nothing about, let along something that resembles a cloud/swarm? What was he hoping to achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by jcoy View Post
      Actually he died because TJ decided not to share the information about the sand creatures. And why would feeling fear make him a bad soldier?
      Feeling fear is natural and human, but any soldier that goes into such extreme panic before the creature(s) even touched him isn't a very good soldier. Human, yes, but not a good soldier. Granted, I've never been in the military, but wouldn't the military train people to not panic in a dangerous situation?

Comment

most were exaggeration to prove a point. his point was, that he was experienced at stuff, not a rookie like Scott

Comment

I reckon Young could have been ice shooting before, maybe he was stationed in Antartica and wanted to go hunting, good target that ice, doesnt move much.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
            As this is Young's first command, you can tell he's having issues coping with all that goes with that. The end of the episode especially showed this as he just walked away from all the problems. While he's trying to put on a strong show, you can tell he's struggling.
            Its a pretty big assumption to say that this is Young's first command. Infact, I think this is probably way more then his first command. If I remember correctly ...

Spoiler:
            Icarus base was supposed to be an easy mission for him to settle down because he used to be an SG team leader and he lost members of his team. I think I read that in one of Gateworld's articles prior to the show starting.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, or if anyone else remembers reading this, lease confirm. I am looking for a link now.

Found the link!:
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...gate-universe/

It doesn't say in that one that he lost team members, but I believe there is one further back that says he lost team members.

Last I checked, you don't get to his rank without having more then a few commands as well. Otherwise, how would you prove your leadership skills. He's right under a General's rank, so he better know how to lead!

Suffice to say, I think Young just didn't want to deal with their complaining at the time. At my job, one of the Sales Associates we used to have ALWAYS complained, and more then once I walked past her without even looking twice in the middle of her talking because I didn't want to get sucked into her Aura-of-Woe as we called it. She was like a leech, sucking you in and draining your soul with her constant complaints about everything. So honestly, I feel Young's pain and I might have done the same after finding out one of my men got killed and having that kind of a day.

- CB
            Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
            Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

I was wondering which he picked himself. I was expecting he'd send Greer since he was still obviously injured. Maybe he was team leader of the Antarctica complex during the initial excavation. I mean I don't think he's been off world that many times.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                I was wondering which he picked himself. I was expecting he'd send Greer since he was still obviously injured. Maybe he was team leader of the Antarctica complex during the initial excavation. I mean I don't think he's been off world that many times.
                Check out my post (The last one on page one) and click the Spoiler tag then check out the link I posted there and you will get an answer to your comment about him not being off world all that much.

- CB
                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

first command probably isn't accurate...but command of a team vs command of a base are two different things.

and like he said to Emily, 'this is a chance for a command', doesn't mean bossing a team, it means bossing a base/facility.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I haven't read all the threads yet.. But I get a sense that some amount of time has elapsed since the end of "Light" and the beginning of "Water."

Young doesn't walk with a crutch or a limp. They found and repaired 2 of at least 3 suits. They've settled into quarters enough that Eli managed to make a mess of his. And if I remember correctly, they've got the recycling system fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin36 View Post
                      I haven't read all the threads yet.. But I get a sense that some amount of time has elapsed since the end of "Light" and the beginning of "Water."

Young doesn't walk with a crutch or a limp. They found and repaired 2 of at least 3 suits. They've settled into quarters enough that Eli managed to make a mess of his. And if I remember correctly, they've got the recycling system fixed.
                      I don't think the length of time has been stated but i'm not sure it is that great a period of time as they were worried about the water level during light.
                      sigpic

Comment

scott makes a comment along the line of 'three times in as many weeks'

so i think it's been about 3 weeks since Air

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eclectic_Voyeur View Post
                          I quite liked that banter between Young and Scott. For this to be Young's first command, I found their interactions on the ice planet to show Young's quite the seasoned leader.

Maybe I missed a moment, but how long was Young in command of Icarus Base?
                          I may be misremembering, but I think Icarus Base has only been an actual "base" for six months (according to a comment made by somebody in the first or second episode), so Young has likely only been in command of it for that long or maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            scott makes a comment along the line of 'three times in as many weeks'

so i think it's been about 3 weeks since Air
                            Or three weeks since they got to the ship. It wasn't all that clear, unfortunately.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

i don't think it's mean to be clear. And Air is when they got to the ship and Air seemed to take place within 24-36 hours

sigpic

Comment

Well you'd have to define command. Perhaps he's led missions but not commanded a base therefore you have the difference. Besides that he's 40 years old become 40 and you'll have done a few things by then too.

Comment

Working...
                                X