Eli and Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mibi View Post
    Scott is the type of guy who tormented Eli in High School. The both have a lot of growing-up to do. Scott needs additional lessons in appropriate behavior -- for a soldier and with women.
    Once Young gets wind of this he will put an end to it. You can't exactly be stranded in space with one of your crew dillying all 5 or 6 women on board. Not to mention Eli will be very valuable to him until Rush starts using the professional types on board for meaningful work. An Eli that is infactuated and resentful towards other crew members is no good to anyone.

Comment

At some point Eli will need to make a life or death choice between Cloe and someone that is actually useful for something other than teasing, drinking water, and consuming oxygen. I'm pretty sure I know how that will turn out and we'll lose a valuable team member.

Comment

I'm thinking Scott needs something big to happen to him, where lives are lost, to make him realize he needs to take his responsibilities seriously.

I can only imagine the writers are planning such a thing.

Comment

I don't like Scott, and men of his type (pretty much in every town, every city, every part of the world) are that they can be portrayed as a bad but good person - that all his faults are downplayed (he's only human lol!) but he's really good in his heart because he's a Christian and a leader and good looking... because you know, have any or all of those three attributes means there's no way you can be a bad person! Those sorts get away with so much in life, it propels them to the top of society whilst the genuine, completely non corrupt get left behind as his lackeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
            Really? Who were they?

Seriously, though, I could count the number of BSG characters I liked on one hand (and they weren't all at the same time), whereas with SGU I like all of the main group - and a couple of the supporting players - to some extent.
            You didn't like Lee, Baltar, Six, Chief Tyrol, Callie, Adama Senior, Roslin, Starbuck, Boomer, Anders and Tigh? Just about everyone on BSG got sucked into a romance plot at some point or another. Even the better writing and acting couldn't convince me that putting say, Tigh, into a romance plot was something I wanted to watch though.

I also just didn't like certain characters like Starbuck, but even with the ones I did like the romances really started to drag on the patience when you looked around and noticed that literally every main character was somehow involved in one.

Comment

How has this thread got turned into yet another SGU Vs BSG thread. Seriously.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                I'm just gonna say this. When you are scheduled to parachute out of an airplane, do you assume you already know what to do? Or do you listen to the guy with a bunch of experience?

I'm trying to tell you exactly what it's like from a Real Life nerd's perspective. Since we're generally turned down, and used by women a lot, we know the signs. We tend to have the perspective of being able to sit back and observe these women running around. After time, it becomes predictable. We easily point out all the signs to each other.

As Rush said in a previous episode, "If you can't see the signs, you're no good to me."

Even among women I do value as friends because they don't treat me as something to use, I can notice some of the behaviors. But these rare women I *can* talk to about it, and they apologize and change, not even realizing they were doing it because it was subconscious.

You're female. That means you like to see good relationships in most of your shows. You're generally a shipper, and so that colors your viewpoint. I wouldn't doubt that there are already plenty of women who are going SQUEEE over the thought of a Scott/Chloe pairing and busy writing fanfiction where they live happily ever after. Probably where Chloe changes Scott's "bad boy" ways, which is a fantasy most females have.

But I'd bet at least a few of them realize it's all in their head at the moment.

With that, I'll be done. As others have pointed out, you can't see he situation for what it is. I really feel like I'm trying to debate with a hardcore Shipper who won't take any flak for their chosen couple, and I know how pointless that gets.

So, I apologize if I came across a bit hostile, but it's born more out of frustration than anything else. It's hard to argue rationally against irrationality, and that tends to make nerds a bit steamed.
                I'm a guy, leaning towards the "nerdy" end of the spectrum. Out of the many shows I watch, I ship very few characters (although I'm not anti), none in a particularly hardcore way, and this ain't an example (but again, not against it).

But I still agree with Rosehawk on almost all points here.

I think part of the problem here might be because of how Darkness and Light were originally just one episode, Fire, that got split up, and we ended up with no Scott/Chloe scenes in Darkness. People didn't exactly forget about their scenes in Air, but it was maybe more out of mind than if it had only been the previous episode.

Maybe. Just a thought.

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                You didn't like Lee, Baltar, Six, Chief Tyrol, Callie, Adama Senior, Roslin, Starbuck, Boomer, Anders and Tigh? Just about everyone on BSG got sucked into a romance plot at some point or another. Even the better writing and acting couldn't convince me that putting say, Tigh, into a romance plot was something I wanted to watch though.

I also just didn't like certain characters like Starbuck, but even with the ones I did like the romances really started to drag on the patience when you looked around and noticed that literally every main character was somehow involved in one.
                Oh, at times I liked Tigh, Adama, Baltar and Tyrol. Aside from a few, I didn't exactly dislike the rest, I just didn't really care...

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                  How has this thread got turned into yet another SGU Vs BSG thread. Seriously.
                  Something...something...something...DARK SIDE.

Something...something...something...complete.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                    Naw, really? No offense or anything but you are obviously incapable of seeing this situation for what it is. I agree with your point about the talk between Chloe and Scott being worth more "points" or whatever, but you just refuse to acknowledge the fact that she's using Eli, among other -yes- stereotypical things.

Kaiphantom: I'd tone down the hostility a notch or two, you aren't scoring any "points". Or maybe you are...
                    At this point in the show, she is not using Eli, and I say at this point in the show - doesn't mean it won't change. She is not yet aware that Eli has a crush on her, she sees him as a friend and as such is treating him as such. What Eli has done for her so far, friends do do for friends as friends do help each other out. Besides, if the guy's only intend is do do stuff to score points in the hopes that she runs into his arms, then who is really using who?

And no offense taken as I do I appreciate your viewpoint. I find it very interesting.

Originally posted by Kaiphantom
                    I'm just gonna say this. When you are scheduled to parachute out of an airplane, do you assume you already know what to do? Or do you listen to the guy with a bunch of experience?
                    What is your point here? If I was going to parachute, I would listen to the instructor - don't understand how that relates to Eli or Scott and Chloe's relationship with either of them. If Scott was the expert, I'd listen to him, if Eli was, I'd listen to him. Same with a relationship, I'd listen to what the guy was telling me, or not telling me, and go from there.

I'm trying to tell you exactly what it's like from a Real Life nerd's perspective. Since we're generally turned down, and used by women a lot, we know the signs. We tend to have the perspective of being able to sit back and observe these women running around. After time, it becomes predictable. We easily point out all the signs to each other.
                    Given that nerds see this all the time implies that there are reasons for this but that is really for another thread.

Even among women I do value as friends because they don't treat me as something to use, I can notice some of the behaviors. But these rare women I *can* talk to about it, and they apologize and change, not even realizing they were doing it because it was subconscious.
                    Someone can not change or see how they affect you unless you are upfront and honest with them about it, which is difficult because it means you can get hurt.
                    We have yet to see this happen between Chloe and Eli.
                    All I am saying is you are already putting Chloe, Scott and Eli in a box instead of letting the story and the characters develop. Eventually Scott and Eli are going to come to a head over Chloe. Once that happens, I may just agree with you but until that happens, or until Chloe has 'the talk' with Eli I am going to give all three the benefit of the doubt.

You're female. That means you like to see good relationships in most of your shows. You're generally a shipper, and so that colors your viewpoint. I wouldn't doubt that there are already plenty of women who are going SQUEEE over the thought of a Scott/Chloe pairing and busy writing fanfiction where they live happily ever after. Probably where Chloe changes Scott's "bad boy" ways, which is a fantasy most females have.
                    Interesting, how quick you are to make this generalization about me without getting any facts.
                    For the record, I am not a shipper. I thunk one character who happens to be a "geek" because I connect with the character and the actor is a phenomenal actor who I happen to like his work. I only did one 'ship' and that was Zelenka and Weir because we had alot of fun on that thread, not because I took it seriously. In fact I avoid most ships as I don't care for the SQUEE factor.
                    And, no I do not need to see good relationships on most of my shows. I like to see relationships that have conflict and watch how people work them out, granted I may like a happy ending but I am not going to lose any sleep if it doesn't work out.

With that, I'll be done. As others have pointed out, you can't see he situation for what it is. I really feel like I'm trying to debate with a hardcore Shipper who won't take any flak for their chosen couple, and I know how pointless that gets.
                    Wow, talk about stereotypes gone wrong. Wow, just simply amazed at this statement. Go check out the shipper threads if you don believe me. And just because I don't agree with the majority doesn't mean I don't see the situation from your viewpoint. Nerds are not the only ones who get rejected and get the friendship talk from the opposite sex. All I am just trying to do is give a different viewpoint.

So, I apologize if I came across a bit hostile, but it's born more out of frustration than anything else. It's hard to argue rationally against irrationality, and that tends to make nerds a bit steamed.
                    Okay. I can understand that. The difference though is I didn't come here to argue, I came to have a conversation which may mean disagreements but not downright negating what is being said.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I know I said I'd be done, but going to point out this last bit, for all the good it will do.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      What is your point here? If I was going to parachute, I would listen to the instructor - don't understand how that relates to Eli or Scott and Chloe's relationship with either of them. If Scott was the expert, I'd listen to him, if Eli was, I'd listen to him. Same with a relationship, I'd listen to what the guy was telling me, or not telling me, and go from there.
                      You're not a parachute instructor, so you listen to the one with more experience in it.

You're not a nerd, so please listen to one who has more experience in it.

Chloe is using Eli. It might be subconscious, but it's there. You'll see more of it as the series progresses. If it is subconscious, she won't even realize it until someone points it out to her. I expect denial then, and especially anger if it's Eli saying it.

You're projecting what you want to see, rather than what's there. It's understandable, but right now, you're reacting much like the women I've described in previous posts. Very rarely do any of them want to ask themselves the uncomfortable questions.

There's no way to know if there's any sort of real emotional bond between Scott and Chloe right now. The relationships that start out sexual very early between two people who haven't known each other very long, are statistically very unlikely to last. That's because the feelings aren't based on anything more concrete then physical pleasure.

People learn this in sociology courses. One or the other will eventually lose interest, or find something new. Scott seems to do this fairly often, if what we've seen so far is standard for him. So I predict him breaking it off first, once he gets tired of her.

If you really think it only takes one conversation to develop a strong emotional bond, then you're exactly what most guys want to see when they step into a bar or go to pickup chicks in other places. Men have a code word for that: Easy. Just have to push the right emotional buttons to get what you want. And yes, I've done this before, too. It's amazing how well it works, because most women steadfastly believe it's not possible, which makes them weak to it.

Not saying Scott is deliberate in it, as the more "popular" guys tend to do it by default.

Comment

I have NEVER said this about a character in a tv show.

That's more than 20 years of experience with television both good and bad.

I REALLY was hoping Lt. Scott would die. I still hope for it. I absolutely can NOT stand the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                          I have NEVER said this about a character in a tv show.

That's more than 20 years of experience with television both good and bad.

I REALLY was hoping Lt. Scott would die. I still hope for it. I absolutely can NOT stand the character.
                          Give it time, you may change your mind.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Landers View Post
                            I too wish he had remained stuck in that crack.
                            Yeah I wouldn't mind that either, except for the fact that Young would have stayed and died too. I dislike Scott, but not enough to lose Young too. I actually have a better idea. Scott uses the ancient terminal to go home, and ends up body swapping with O' Neill, Telford, Shepard, or aome other more likeable character. Then the macine breaks, and Scott is stranded on earth and we get a better character in his place. Everyone wins (except the guy Scott swaps with).
                            For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                              Give it time, you may change your mind.
                              Highly doubtful.

I can't stand the way the character is written. He's a thick headed libido with legs.

I want the character to get stuck on a planet and left behind. I'm not cruel though, make it a very nice planet with plenty of food and water.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom6 View Post
                                Highly doubtful.

I can't stand the way the character is written. He's a thick headed libido with legs.

I want the character to get stuck on a planet and left behind. I'm not cruel though, make it a very nice planet with plenty of food and water.
                                Fair enough if you really don't like him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X