X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Darwin Award could really apply
    sigpic
    A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
      i was just thinking, heres a nominee for the darwin awards, yeh just waste your limited ammo shooting something that isnt solid or initially threatening
      Not initially threatening, but it was swirling and stuff in a very aggressive manner really far away
      sigpic

Comment

Is it possible at all that the tubes had been pre-filled with the testing chemicals so all they had to do was melt the ice and then use the chart to figure out the chemical content? (Like testing pool water, but with the testing chemicals already in teh tubes instead of added later.)
        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
          Is it possible at all that the tubes had been pre-filled with the testing chemicals so all they had to do was melt the ice and then use the chart to figure out the chemical content? (Like testing pool water, but with the testing chemicals already in teh tubes instead of added later.)
          Possibly but the ice melted extremely fast in there which was a bit odd.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Too bad we didn't have a perfectly clear shot to see what was being done. (Unless I missed it, which is possible because I was multi-tasking.)
            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

A little refresher of the rules for folks

Chloe will NOT be called a slut or whore
              Scott will NOT be called a man slut
              Vanessa James is the character's name, not Lt Boob, Boobilicious or any other 'funny' little juvenile names you folks have come up with.

Refer to these characters properly or do not refer to them at all.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                Yeah. Too bad we didn't have a perfectly clear shot to see what was being done. (Unless I missed it, which is possible because I was multi-tasking.)
                I don't think there was a clear shot, i just think it is something they haven't explained very well, you never know it may come up in a future episode.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                  Yeah Darwin Award could really apply
                  lol- The SG Darwin awards... I'm sure we could compile a list from all 3 series.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Yes, dumb. Shooting a beehive is generally a bad idea. Shooting a swarm of bees is even worse. Bullets aren't going to do anything. Most people would realize they should at least back away slowly, and perhaps run and shut doors behind them.

Comment

Yeah. Exactly. What good does a gun frakkin do against a swarm of...whatever? Use your damn brain, boy!

But, again...Loved that his name added even more to the "Alien" vibe of the episode.

Comment

If I were on the Destiny, I would:

1) Want to explore the ship. It's huge and complex, yet we haven't seen much of it. Part of the reason I feel the show drags is because the environment aboard the ship remains static.

2) Tell Scott and his girlfriend to knock it off. Honestly, who doesn't want to strangle them both?

3) Try to instill a little levity. For crying out loud, this isn't BSG and we could use a bit of humor.

And, in the 'Well, duh' category: If people are made mostly of water, why did the alien life forms not go after them? Why did they merely mimic the shapes of the people they encountered? And, also [because I'm in a question-asking mood] if the aliens were not harmed by the fellow shooting at them, why did they bother to attack? It makes no sense that they would on the one hand form human features en masse, which appears to be them reaching out, and then kill someone whose bullets could not harm them.

I'm disappointed in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          A little refresher of the rules for folks

Chloe will NOT be called a slut or whore
                          Scott will NOT be called a man slut
                          Vanessa James is the character's name, not Lt Boob, Boobilicious or any other 'funny' little juvenile names you folks have come up with.

Refer to these characters properly or do not refer to them at all.
                          Ok. I understand this,and I do never use these terms,but I do however think I have used the description "slutty" or something about Chloe.. I am sorry if that was "over the edge",but I did lack a better word for my description. I will try harder next time..

-Harakiri

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky13 View Post
                            If I were on the Destiny, I would:

1) Want to explore the ship. It's huge and complex, yet we haven't seen much of it. Part of the reason I feel the show drags is because the environment aboard the ship remains static.

2) Tell Scott and his girlfriend to knock it off. Honestly, who doesn't want to strangle them both?

3) Try to instill a little levity. For crying out loud, this isn't BSG and we could use a bit of humor.

And, in the 'Well, duh' category: If people are made mostly of water, why did the alien life forms not go after them? Why did they merely mimic the shapes of the people they encountered? And, also [because I'm in a question-asking mood] if the aliens were not harmed by the fellow shooting at them, why did they bother to attack? It makes no sense that they would on the one hand form human features en masse, which appears to be them reaching out, and then kill someone whose bullets could not harm them.

I'm disappointed in this episode.
                            I dont. And TBH the whole Scott and Cloe thing dont bother me. I dont see why people seem so up in arms over it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              Only a few days have passed, right? Young was healed enough to go down to Hoth? I hope the next episode shows him sore from the exertion.
                              How do you know only a few days have passed? It could be ten days. Also, he seemed pretty much tired and in pain sometimes. Young isn't a pussy, he's a USAF Colonel. He's though. Also, Scott did voice the concern, and Young said he would be fine. So I guess they sort of addressed it. I'm reading this now and seems like a lot people are having problems with this, I don't really see the problem though. He should indeed be sore though a couple of days afterwards, but I wonder when the next episode will take place, could be a week in between again.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Scott and Cloe in and of itself doesn't bother me. They've only had two intimate scene together and one of them was just making out. The thing that bothers me about Scott and Cloe is the fact they jumped in bed together after 2 or 3 scenes. I think the constant assertions about Cloe's promiscuity (despite only having been shown with one sexual partner) have a lot to do with the fact that they went directly from brief comforting words ("You go through, best as you can.") directly to sexual intercourse. That was a pretty big "what!? moment". For me at least. We hadn't been shown at all that they were even a couple by then.

Either we have to conclude that they built a closer relationship entirely off screen, which is not only silly, but I had thought that was the exact thing they were going to stop doing on this show.

OR Cloe apparently seems to jump into bed with somebody almost at the drop of a hat.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X