Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why were TJ and the Soldier laughing at Eli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who's to say they were laughing at him?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
      Well, Eli did, for one.

It's kind of obvious when everyone's laughing and ignoring him when he asks about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
        Well, my wife and I were so I would hazard a guess that the other two were
        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
          That is what i thought at the time, and still do
          Same here.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            how funny would it be if eli tried to hit on a super model .....it would be funny and full of fail

thuis the laughs
            I guess that's it (or there's nothing we can know). I didn't feel Eli was coming on to her because they made it really clear Eli was into Chloe. Its not like Eli was trying to invite her to go somewhere (like in those romantic comedy about a shy guy). I just saw Eli trying to be the Kino journalist yet again. Trying to make people care and talk to him and the Kino.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              I guess that's it (or there's nothing we can know). I didn't feel Eli was coming on to her because they made it really clear Eli was into Chloe. Its not like Eli was trying to invite her to go somewhere (like in those romantic comedy about a shy guy). I just saw Eli trying to be the Kino journalist yet again. Trying to make people care and talk to him and the Kino.
              Oh god, which would be sadder and more pathetic?
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Oh god, which would be sadder and more pathetic?
                I dont know, but since Eli was doing the journalist thing all day long and since a few weeks ago on the ship. Its nothing to laugh its ass off. Maybe if TJ and the soldier were both taking pot though.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                  it looked to me like she was digging a crap hole... maybe that's just my perverted interpretation of the scene, but that explains a lot about why james was so snappy in her answers and why the other two military were laughing so hard
                  This makes the most sense, really. They didn't have to dig for the cave or whatever yet and Eli was clearly oblivious to what she was doing (besides "digging" which he pointed out and she awkwardly confirmed)

I'd laugh at it too. Then again, I enjoy clueless moments. Like when I was a young kid and my elderly great aunt heard the phone ring and tried answering my game boy

Comment

If you go back and look at the scene, you will see she was digging up roots which she was placing into a bag she has at her side.

If there is any kind of scatological inferences in that sequence of scenes, it is in the one just before where Eli sitting on a rather throne-like stump taking a break...

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

I didn't really see what was so funny in that scene myself. Could be something that got left on the editing room floor or something. I just assumed that it had something to do with Eli and the ever-present Kino's. Maybe something along the lines of one of them muttering "That boy can't seem to do anything without his damn balls flying around." Which causes TJ to immediately crack up causing the other guy to realize what he said and crack up as well.

Comment

When I saw it, I thought it was a rather sad sequence (for the Eli character).

It starts with him seeing and then quickly shutting down the kino as it was viewing Scott and Chloe, followed by the awkward sequence with Lt. James, and finally being excluded from what TJ and the soldier were laughing about (likely because he was the butt of the joke).

It shows he is becoming marginalized from the rest of the crew. He may well become the Gaius Baltar of SGU.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

You know, I've watched this scene over and over and I keep coming to the same conclusion...that he's not hitting on her but rather he's checking up on her in the sense that they share a secret. Almost as if he knows about something that's going on with her. Maybe he knows about her previous relationship (if you want to call it that) with Matt and that she knows about Chole. So he was probably just seeing how she was dealing with the whole thing considering they're in the same situation.

Comment

Um, wow, I just assumed it was their intention all along to just have that moment as an extra bit of human texture to the scene. In other words, we're not supposed to know what they're laughing at. It's enough that we see the Kino caught them laughing, but didn't catch the reason why they started laughing in the first place.

It's just a reflection of what happens in life. Sometimes, people will burst out laughing and you'll never find out why- it just happens.

It seemed to follow the same principal as the rest of the episode in regards to the Kino. The Kino doesn't catch every little moment perfectly- it drifts away at the wrong time, or only shows half of someone's face, or just barely misses something before it's too late.

I thought that was the whole idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                              He may well become the Gaius Baltar of SGU.
                              Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                                Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
                                Without all of the women.

regards,
                                G.
                                Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                                X