Was I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
    she is one of my favorite character. i really thought she was dead for a second.
    i like that TJ interrupted eli to say she was dead. that's what made the moment so believable
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i liked how everyone died..all bloody and nasty like, its a nice change to getting shot in the back with a staff weapon

Comment

i like how eli's death affected scott

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          As did I

Comment

eli is like the person enjoy having around and care about but never say it openly. thus scott's reaction

Comment

I became a little afraid of Scott in the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                brain did wonderful he reacted like a normal person would.

Comment

eli is like the person enjoy having around and care about but never say it openly. thus scott's reaction

I also liked the reaction when the Eli on the message revealed his fears about his Mom. Then Scott tried...in some small way...to comfort him. I think Eli and Scott could be, and are, very good friends. Despite the snark that passes between them.
                  Honestly though, that is a bit worrisome. I think the most obvious Stargate- Stargate Universe comparison is the Eli/ Scott, and the Shep/ McKay, relationship. I like it so far, but it could be a bit too similar for many people's tastes....

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I thought the scene was a bit cliched....but on the other hand it is more of an indication like what Young said:
                  Spoiler:
                  That he had a heart as big as a house.

Comment

everyone is protective of eli due to the fact that he's a normal everyday person who just figured out a math proof

Comment

everyone is protective of eli due to the fact that he's a normal everyday person who just figured out a math proof
                      Yeah but we did not see Young rushing over to give him a back thump

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        copy cat
                        Haha. Not intentionally.

I do not think I would ever be happy that a main character died, unless they were plain evil or something. Like Telford....Telford is the only character that I might be happy to see die...or be in pain...or something.
                        I wouldn't mind Telford being written out of the show somehow... but even with characters that I dislike, I don't actually rejoice to see them killed off. I just kind of shrug and move on.

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                        But there are those of us on the other side that see a charecter like Chloe with the most possibilities. She's essentially a blank slate who's had her entire life and everything she is invalidated by her circumstances. She doesn't even have a set of transferable skills.
                        Agreed. She has a lot of potential.

Originally posted by mylestaylor View Post
                        That's the problem with TV, unfortunately: everyone feels like they have to like every character. Chloe does bring a lot of emotional and unnecessary baggage to the show, but life has a lot of emotional and unnecessary baggage and it would be too cliche if all of these people weren't that way. That's kind of the point of the whole show. These people are normal people with normal baggage. Get over it.
                        Completely agree. I'm tired of characters who seem to have everything all together. Sure, sometimes I get irritated with Chloe (or Eli, or Young) because of their emotional baggage, but it is more realistic. All people (in real life) have issues, and I have never met a real person who didn't get on my nerves now and then. So I don't have a problem with characters who are occasionally irritating or how occasionally act stupid, as long as they are still interesting to watch.

I also liked the reaction when the Eli on the message revealed his fears about his Mom. Then Scott tried...in some small way...to comfort him. I think Eli and Scott could be, and are, very good friends. Despite the snark that passes between them.
                        That was a very nice moment between the two of them.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                          Haha. Not intentionally.

I wouldn't mind Telford being written out of the show somehow... but even with characters that I dislike, I don't actually rejoice to see them killed off. I just kind of shrug and move on.

Agreed. She has a lot of potential.

Completely agree. I'm tired of characters who seem to have everything all together. Sure, sometimes I get irritated with Chloe (or Eli, or Young) because of their emotional baggage, but it is more realistic. All people (in real life) have issues, and I have never met a real person who didn't get on my nerves now and then. So I don't have a problem with characters who are occasionally irritating or how occasionally act stupid, as long as they are still interesting to watch.

That was a very nice moment between the two of them.
                          Yeah I know. It gets hectic in here
                          I know, and I would not be happy seeing him die too...I like Lou Diamond Phillips too. I just want to see him move on...and I think he could easily be written out of the show given his behavior. Talk about a terrible expedition leader

Comment

I just want to see him move on...and I think he could easily be written out of the show given his behavior. Talk about a terrible expedition leader
                            I think, like all the characters so far, there is just more to him than we've seen. I don't mean in terms of agenda or motives but....we seem to get snippets of people's personality and often there seems to be a jumping to conclusions about their motivations that often get belied by following episodes. I have a hunch that Gen. O'Neill does not suffer incompetence under his command lightly so I would think that Telford has his position for a very good reason but we need to let it develop to see how it will flesh out
                            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              I think, like all the characters so far, there is just more to him than we've seen. I don't mean in terms of agenda or motives but....we seem to get snippets of people's personality and often there seems to be a jumping to conclusions about their motivations that often get belied by following episodes. I have a hunch that Gen. O'Neill does not suffer incompetence under his command lightly so I would think that Telford has his position for a very good reason but we need to let it develop to see how it will flesh out
                              Jack his human...he can make mistakes, and has done so in the past. And I am sure Telford is very good at his job, and has a fantastic record. Its just....
                              Spoiler:
                              it is clear that he holds some sort of personal vendetta/ grudge against Young...and a lot of other people, given how he treated Rush and Greer when he came on board. He just does not let people get away with messing with him....
                              my opinion anyways

But other then that you are rigt, I am sure that there is a lot more to him

Comment

Working...
                              X