No announcement yet.

Chloe to become the "Kenny of SGU"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I cheered for a moment when she died, but then I became bummed as I realized she wouldn't stay dead. I hate her. It has nothing to do with her uselessness, it's her personality.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
    Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

I think that Chloe's role is to allow a social aspect of younger women to be explored in this particular scenario.

We've had geeks on sci-fi forever, but how many beautiful young women have we had the privilege of understanding, ESP. in a sci-fi environment!

Regardless of her "usefulness", her perspectives and reactions to situations are still reflective of the type of women that she represents.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
        I think that Chloe's role is to allow a social aspect of younger women to be explored in this particular scenario.

We've had geeks on sci-fi forever, but how many beautiful young women have we had the privilege of understanding, ESP. in a sci-fi environment!

Regardless of her "usefulness", her perspectives and reactions to situations are still reflective of the type of women that she represents.

I think you nailed it right on the head. Yes Chloe is useless and that is the point. Its to show what would happened if an everyday person was stranded on the Destiny. How would we react and how would we contribute?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think you nailed it right on the head. Yes Chloe is useless and that is the point. Its to show what would happened if an everyday person was stranded on the Destiny. How would we react and how would we contribute?
          I think an everyday person would do just the same as they would do in a crisis here on earth, say a hurricane or tornado, they would pitch in and help out, not find the nearest guy and make out.
          Chloe is more inept than the average person, she takes up space and resources. IMO
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            I think an everyday person would do just the same as they would do in a crisis here on earth, say a hurricane or tornado, they would pitch in and help out, not find the nearest guy and make out.
            Chloe is more inept than the average person, she takes up space and resources. IMO
            Thats a lot easier in a hurricane where you know how to help out. Here not so much
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Thats a lot easier in a hurricane where you know how to help out. Here not so much
              Hey she could be washing sheets, heaven knows hers need some washing. Or helping in the kitchen washing dishes, but no, she meanders around, taking showers and drooling over Scott.

I think by calling her the average person, it's an insult to average people everywhere who rally in a crisis.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

If Chloe dies whats going to provide the soapy stuff for the show? Oh wait, they still can have a love triangle between TJ, Young and his wife. Throw in Telford for good measure. The show is saved.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Hey she could be washing sheets, heaven knows hers need some washing. Or helping in the kitchen washing dishes, but no, she meanders around, taking showers and drooling over Scott.

I think by calling her the average person, it's an insult to average people everywhere who rally in a crisis.
                  Ok, we've got 8 45-minute episodes out of a 4-6 week timeframe. Who's to say she doesn't do stuff to help out and they're just not showing it?

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    some people here are Chloe fans despite the fact that her character is a rich snotty girl that would gladly sell her arm and a leg to be out of that ship and back at her 90210, The OZ social kind of life back on Earth.
                    To suggest that she desperately wants to return to that life shows a lack of understanding for the character.
                    Also, why do you say 'despite' as if it's a bad thing?
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Agreed.

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                      Ok, we've got 8 45-minute episodes out of a 4-6 week timeframe. Who's to say she doesn't do stuff to help out and they're just not showing it?
                      It's possible she does help, but as far as her role in the main story lines, it makes her look useless. Her only role is being in a love triangle with Eli and Scott. Which just makes her look more and more pathetic because she's just there for drama. Why doesn't the IOA chick show up more in the same situations that Chloe does? They can contribute the same amount, except the IOA chick doesn't cause drama.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
                      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
                        Her only role is being in a love triangle with Eli and Scott.
                        I don't agree with that statement.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          I don't agree with that statement.
                          Ditto. She's far more than that. She's an example of someone who has no skills relevant to the running of the Destiny (to date). Her character reflects what most of us would be like if stuck on the Destiny, an intelligent young uni graduate, whose skills, while important in human society which we have created here on Earth is all but useless in the running of the Destiny.

While she is by no means my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other. I myself am doing a degree in the social studies field, which isn't a huge stretch from what Chloe has done in Political Science.

She is by no means there ONLY to be in a love triangle. That's just what fandom has concentrated on.
                          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                            Ditto. She's far more than that. She's an example of someone who has no skills relevant to the running of the Destiny (to date). Her character reflects what most of us would be like if stuck on the Destiny, an intelligent young uni graduate, whose skills, while important in human society which we have created here on Earth is all but useless in the running of the Destiny.

While she is by no means my favourite character, I can relate to her more than any other. I myself am doing a degree in the social studies field, which isn't a huge stretch from what Chloe has done in Political Science.

She is by no means there ONLY to be in a love triangle. That's just what fandom has concentrated on.

Well if they do ever run across some alien civilization her skills might be of use after all.
                            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I want a Chloe dart-board.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                I blame SGA for this.
                                I blame TPTB for this. Chloe must go!
                                Ewnif

"...
                                I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man. ..."
                                Col. Jack O'Neill - Season 8 - New Order Part 2

Comment

Working...
                                X