No announcement yet.

Chloe to become the "Kenny of SGU"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't seriously want or expect anything as absurd as that, but in all seriousness so far she is worthless. I don't blame the actress, to me this is just not a character I can find it in me to like. She can only be a whiny burden on the entire crew for so long until the writers have to make her grow up and find something productive to do. I understand that this version of Stargate is supposed to be about more realistic people handling extraordinary circumstances, but she has to step up and take on a role at some point.

I guess for me the interesting part of the show will be how things go when the people accept they aren't going home any time soon. Don't get me wrong I am thoroughly enjoying SGU, but that is what I'm really looking forward to.

Comment

Its not the actress but the character. I respect the idea of having a different character. But at least Vala, who also didn't have any direct skils, had an interesting personality (irreverent, self-motivated, etc). Which made her interaction with the rest of the crew and the reaction to the weekly mystery/adventure interesting. Chloe doesn't have any of that. She has a hateful personality and she serve no purpose. Dr. Crusher in the next generation is really feminine, but she still got an interesting personality.

I wish they really give her a solid purpose on the ship. I wasn't joking when I expose some drastic change on this site for her. The ancient library, her being a Lucian Alliance spy "acting up" (maybe not even the real "Chloe" but a clone). The other solution is to give her less screen time. I really wish something happen to her, so she becomes very interesting.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        Its not the actress but the character. I respect the idea of having a different character. But at least Vala, who also didn't have any direct skils, had an interesting personality (irreverent, self-motivated, etc). Which made her interaction with the rest of the crew and the reaction to the weekly mystery/adventure interesting. Chloe doesn't have any of that. She has a hateful personality and she serve no purpose. Dr. Crusher in the next generation is really feminine, but she still got an interesting personality.

I wish they really give her a solid purpose on the ship. I wasn't joking when I expose some drastic change on this site for her. The ancient library, her being a Lucian Alliance spy "acting up" (maybe not even the real "Chloe" but a clone). The other solution is to give her less screen time. I really wish something happen to her, so she becomes very interesting.
        Good point, and I think you've hit the nail on the head. The idea of Chloe is far better than the reality of Chloe. Sure it's fun to think what an ordinary Joe would do thrown into the world of Stargate, and it even makes a fun episode (I'm thinking of the body swap episode they did with O'Neill and the stones) but when you try to stretch it out over more than one episode you quickly realise that 'ordinary' characters have no place in the world of the extraordinary situations that Stargate by its very concept creates. Maybe it is slightly annoying to have genius all over the shop solving every problem, trouble is, I think it's even worse when you let the ordinary characters loose.

Personally I think they should either make Chloe interesting in some way (become possessed for good by an ancient blah blah blah) or they admit defeat and have her exit, Airlock Left as soon as possible.

Comment

Remember Star Trek: Voyager? When it became clear to Berman and Braga that the fans despised Janeway, they tried to kill her in as many alternate realities, separate timelines or dream sequences that they could think of. I think Kate Mulgrew must've had a clause in her contract saying that she couldn't be written out of the show without her consent!

Comment

Maybe she should've stayed an Army Major?
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Well not really. But I'll tell you guys what happened.

I saw the second version of the destiny... (the one where chloe dies from the sickness..)

When she died... me, my friend, and my little bro all stood up and starting cheering. We started to dance and throw popcorn all around. It was the best thing so far in the show.

Next thing you know scott sends a kino back. We felt like we got hit the face with a hammer.

So how did you guys react when chloe died the 2nd time? Discus.

Comment

i had no reaction as i was pretty sure that they would change history again

Comment

me too. Obvious that she isn't going to die anytime soon.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I was worried. I knew SGU would not be the same without Chloe (I thought about a contract dispute explaining her death). I also thought about stopping watching the show at this very moment, but my gf made me realize she may be revived in some way.

She represent somebody which isn't ready to work on the Destiny right away, but need to work her way to become an important part of the team. Her character is unique and an integral part of what make SGU, SGU.

In short, I was disappointed, worried, angry at the writers, sad.
                    Last edited by Commander Zelix; 16 November 2009, 04:35 PM.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Am I the only one who find cheering that a character died a little disturbing?
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Jel.. for once, I agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          No, you're not alone. It's especially disturbing considering that other than being a bit irritating (which is completely subjective) she's done absolutely nothing to warrant such animosity.
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I'm glad Chloe is still alive.

Comment

I'm joking a bit. But this subject has been beat to death. While her character is not really good up to this point, I'll see what the writers have in store for her for this first season. The character knows she's useless so she will probably try to do something about it. The actress does a great job at portraying her as an uptight rich girl, not ready to face such hash circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix
                                Well said. It shows the complete lack of empathy and compassion for other human being. Sign of a psychopathic personality or at least someone with deep emotional problem (probably related to his abusive father). Just saying.
                                Crap. She's just a character, a figment of somebodies imagination enacted for our entertainment. It shows a lack of empathy for a non-existent 'person/character', not for another human being at all. I find cheering a little over the top (I sure didn't have the urge to do so) but not as much as this statement. Methinks some folks forget what reality really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X