Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    Maybe he thinks his wife ascended.
    Is that likely? Even if ascension propably inspired human cultures into the myth of life after death, ascension is not the same thing as the traditional afterlife. Ascension is only possible for a few people advanced enough. The rest of us will just cease to exist after we die.

Rush is very intelligent and of course he knows that his wife could´nt possibly have ascended. His motives must be something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanter1000 View Post
      Is that likely? Even if ascension propably inspired human cultures into the myth of life after death, ascension is not the same thing as the traditional afterlife. Ascension is only possible for a few people advanced enough. The rest of us will just cease to exist after we die.

Rush is very intelligent and of course he knows that his wife could´nt possibly have ascended. His motives must be something else.
      No, his motives are about his wife. First I thought it was a 9th chevron = time travel thing but now I think it's an ascension thing. Why couldn't she have ascended? Because she wasn't 'advanced'? Uh, McKay wasn't 'advanced'. Plus, Oma Desala was pulling people into ascension without them 'releasing their burdens', etc.

Comment

Rush found his own skull. when the kino is tossed through, you see his body. then, when they find the Kino, they find a human skull, at approximately the same location.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          No, his motives are about his wife. First I thought it was a 9th chevron = time travel thing but now I think it's an ascension thing. Why couldn't she have ascended? Because she wasn't 'advanced'? Uh, McKay wasn't 'advanced'. Plus, Oma Desala was pulling people into ascension without them 'releasing their burdens', etc.
          Well, In understand how you think. But McKay could only ascend if he wanted to because of the Ancient device. How likely is it that the Atlantis Expedition used that device on a person again? And have we heard anything of other people on Earth ascending except for Daniel Jackson? And humans are not advanced enough to ascend on their own without Oma Desala and Ancient devices. That is at least how I understand it. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Comment

Oh, man, even the standalone episodes are vital to the plot!

Comment

Rush is very intelligent and of course he knows that his wife couldn't possibly have ascended. His motives must be something else.
              How do we know this? As far as we know, Daniel helped his dying wife acend like he offered to do for jack. Now Rush's life's work is to ascend to be with her.

anything is speculation at this point.

Comment

Well, In understand how you think. But McKay could only ascend if he wanted to because of the Ancient device. How likely is it that the Atlantis Expedition used that device on a person again? And have we heard anything of other people on Earth ascending except for Daniel Jackson? And humans are not advanced enough to ascend on their own without Oma Desala and Ancient devices. That is at least how I understand it. Correct me if I´m wrong.
                Well, you may not be wrong. Equally, I may not be wrong.

And I'll throw something else into the mix, since we're speculating: how about she was an Ancient in the first place? At this stage, anything is possible.

Comment

Rush is only on Destiny for the glory, he really belongs on Atlantis. He'd much prefer the amenities and constant uninterrupted access to the Dao machine and the Database. But, as we have seen on the show, he's willing to put up with a lot of crap for Destiny, and afixing his name to it.
                  The initial shock and disappointment in the Atlantis cancellation has faded, but its still looking like more and more of a bad idea.

Comment

It sounds like Rush has a theory about death and ascension, and he's looking for proof. Me thinks he wants to know if dying and ascending are the same thing, and that dying is just a forced ejection from your body while ascension is voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                      Wait... if he wants ascension... can't he just go to the ascension planet in Pegasus?
                      That's assuming they know about it. I am not sure if all the Pegasus mission reports were standard reading for the other side..

It doesn't make sense for Rush to go to the Destiny to look for ascension since there's way more stuff on ascension in the Milky Way and Pegasus. Atlantis has the latest information on ascension. There's the ascendomatic and the planet where Anubis created Khalek, which is full of technology and research data. There's also Kheb and the planet in Pegasus the Ancients created for people to learn ascension. Plus Destiny was probably launched before the Ancients learned about ascension.
                      The Ascendomiter i think is either offline or has been torn appart after Mccays incident. As to the Khalek machine, perhaps it only worked on him..

It sounds like Rush has a theory about death and ascension, and he's looking for proof. Me thinks he wants to know if dying and ascending are the same thing, and that dying is just a forced ejection from your body while ascension is voluntary.
                      That is one way to look at things. Would go a long way to explain why he was so calm when the ship looked like it was going to be destroyed by diving into that sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
                        Hmmm....this is a really interesting theory, I like it. I would disagree strongly with MacGyverInSpace:

Rush is only on Destiny for the glory, he really belongs on Atlantis. He'd much prefer the amenities and constant uninterrupted access to the Dao machine and the Database. But, as we have seen on the show, he's willing to put up with a lot of crap for Destiny, and afixing his name to it.
                        Rush is arrogant, but then again he seems to be quite intelligent. I do not think for a moment that Rush is motivated by anything such as glory, attention, greed, etc..He appears to be on a personal mission, and would happily have gone to Destiny alone never to be heard of again. The fact that others have gone with him is merely a minor complication or necessary evil. But I do not see one ounce of anything that would lead us to believe he is motivated to satisfy ego.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyverInSpace View Post
                          Wow, I just don't know what show you're watching. ROFL!

Comment

I got the impression that Rush seems to be interested in Ascending. Obviously he's too late to ask Oma to help him out but if he is trying to ascend it would explain his obsession with the Ancients and Destiny. Perhaps he's seeking clues there?

If he is attempting to ascend why bother trying to connect to Destiny? Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to travel to Kheb and study what Oma left behind in that temple?

Finally, is Rush worthy of ascension?

Comment

Old enough to know what's right but young enough not to choose it
                              Wise enough to win the world, but fool enough to lose it
                              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                              Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                                I got the impression that Rush seems to be interested in Ascending. Obviously he's too late to ask Oma to help him out but if he is trying to ascend it would explain his obsession with the Ancients and Destiny. Perhaps he's seeking clues there?

If he is attempting to ascend why bother trying to connect to Destiny? Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to travel to Kheb and study what Oma left behind in that temple?
                                Well two things on that front....

1) Maybe Rush's understanding of ascension (and I'm not sure I disagree) is the cumulative growth in one's own knowledge and wisdom. That end, maybe he's following the Ancients' path in hopes that it's the journey that results in ascension.

2) We don't even know if Kheb is still standing....yes, Oma zapped all those Jaffa. But Apophis still found the planet, and after she left it probably ended up as part of his domain. We really don't have any way of knowing if Oma's temple is even standing anymore, Apophis might've bombarded it from orbit because it was different from his own god-image.

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                                Finally, is Rush worthy of ascension?
                                Personally, I don't feel that we know enough about him yet to make that level of character judgement
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X