Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    I think he's simply afarid of dying
    What actions on his part would lead you to conclude this? When it was thought that Destiny would burn up in the star, he seemed rather calm and content. Of course people used that to assume he may or may not have known the true result of Destiny reaching the star. Yet in this episode, look through several points and you see a person that is not typically one who is "afraid" to die. Eli seemed like someone afraid to die, Rush did not seem particularly afraid. Especially when he took the chance to jump into the wormhole probably knowing full well the result.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
      What actions on his part would lead you to conclude this? When it was thought that Destiny would burn up in the star, he seemed rather calm and content. Of course people used that to assume he may or may not have known the true result of Destiny reaching the star. Yet in this episode, look through several points and you see a person that is not typically one who is "afraid" to die. Eli seemed like someone afraid to die, Rush did not seem particularly afraid. Especially when he took the chance to jump into the wormhole probably knowing full well the result.
      On your first point I am one of the people who think he knew Destiny would be fine.

And as to him jumping into the wormhole I think he found it to be a hopeless situation and took a method that would be the most painless...either risk getting back to the ship or painlessly ceasing to exist OR staying and getting eaten alive.

I think his ultimate goal is to find a way to ascend because again...he is afraid of dying.

And comparing him to Eli...a character who wears his emotions on his sleeve isn't fair...Rush is just an internal man
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

It doesn't make sense for Rush to go to the Destiny to look for ascension since there's way more stuff on ascension in the Milky Way and Pegasus. Atlantis has the latest information on ascension. There's the ascendomatic and the planet where Anubis created Khalek, which is full of technology and research data. There's also Kheb and the planet in Pegasus the Ancients created for people to learn ascension. Plus Destiny was probably launched before the Ancients learned about ascension.

Comment

It's not about him, it's about his wife.

Comment

he wants to ascend.

that's the point. he wants to learn on the Destiny how to ascend. the point is, that the Lanteans "cheated", while it seems that actually the ancients that made the destiny genuinely ascended (or died out or went to pegasus)

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
              It doesn't make sense for Rush to go to the Destiny to look for ascension since there's way more stuff on ascension in the Milky Way and Pegasus. Atlantis has the latest information on ascension. There's the ascendomatic and the planet where Anubis created Khalek, which is full of technology and research data. There's also Kheb and the planet in Pegasus the Ancients created for people to learn ascension. Plus Destiny was probably launched before the Ancients learned about ascension.
              I agree. I don't see how he would learn more on ascension from Destiny than Atlantis. Destiny possibly predates their ability to ascend. Plus why would that information be on Destiny. It might not. But we do know that it is stored in the Atlantis database. He should have gone to Atlantis.

Comment

Why would he expect to find answers there, when the Destiny was launched before they went to Pegasus, where they researched Ascension?
                This would seem to imply the Destiny was launched after Pegasus, which is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                  Why would he expect to find answers there, when the Destiny was launched before they went to Pegasus, where they researched Ascension?
                  This would seem to imply the Destiny was launched after Pegasus, which is insane.
                  Rush didn't know what the 9th Chevron did before hand he had no idea about the Destiny or how old it was
                  "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Obviously that conversation got my ears wide open for Rush true motives the moment he start talking about ascension. Even better when he made sure to change subject. As Matt and others said, and as I thought since Air, its not about him but about his wife. Matt theory on this thread is plausible.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I didn't want to create a whole new topic for this, but did anyone else wonder where exactly Rush ended up after he decided to go through the 'broken' wormhole on his own?

Is it possible he further back in time than anyone has suspected and has been aboard Destiny well before everyone ended up on it?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond-dust View Post
                        I didn't want to create a whole new topic for this, but did anyone else wonder where exactly Rush ended up after he decided to go through the 'broken' wormhole on his own?

Is it possible he further back in time than anyone has suspected and has been aboard Destiny well before everyone ended up on it?
                        Cool! I thought about that too. But I don't think they will make it happen.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

rush wants to ascend and learn about the ancients that's why he's so obsessed with destiny
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Cool! I thought about that too. But I don't think they will make it happen.
                            It would explain how he seems to be two steps ahead of everyone, with the solar recharge as probably the best example, with Rush having his name taken from the hat. I think if people became aware that he actually knows how to get everyone back home, his own personal goals will indefinitely be in jeopardy.

Of course, if Rush had been on the ship prior to the events of the first episode, it doesn't make much sense how he managed to get off it as he would most likely have needed to use the gate through to earth, and you don't exactly do that unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond-dust View Post

He made a loop around the sun and was sent back in time to the same planet. In the episode you can found Rush taking human scull but what he didn't knew that it was his own scull.

Btw he couldn't end up on destiny earlier before everyone else because at that time destiny was out of reach.
                              The cake is a lie...

Comment

That clears that!

Comment

Working...
                                X