Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aliens on the Jungle Planet - The Flood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great minds think alike.

it screamed "goauld" and " Facehuggers" for me.

Spoiler:

Comment

Lizardspidersnakeleech.

I liked them though, I'd rather have aliens like this than multi coloured humans who speak English, even if they were an obvious "Alien" rip off.

Comment

They felt like flying Goa'uld to me. I liked them. I don't remember how the Pitch Black aliens look like (great movie tho).
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Lizardspidersnakeleech.

I liked them though, I'd rather have aliens like this than multi coloured humans who speak English, even if they were an obvious "Alien" rip off.
          I think it was less of a ripoff an more of an homage. If you notice, everyone else just got bitten, the creatures didnt burst out of anyone else, eg Scott. What seemed to happen with Chloe was the creaure was biting into her when she fell face forward on top of it. It then took exited through her back to escape for extra squick and an Alien homage.

Comment

nope, they deliberately burrowed through the bodies.

interesting enough, mostly through the belly (homage to goauld) and the bursting was more or less a homage to Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Not quite Flood. More... the worms off of the movie Slither (Which starred the actor who plays Riley). Either way, they were great.
              I have never played HALO I have seen some video footage of it but had never heard ot the so called flood 'till now. Regardless the creatures were nasty, terrifying and they truly added an element of suspense to the episode.
              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Here is a Flood Infection Form from Halo 3....

Spoiler:

Here you can see the similar "LandSquid", like features. However I still think that these Time aliens "Chest Huggers", where more inspired by the Alien file series, Face Huggers.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Halo plus symbiotes minus sharing bodies minus the arbiter.

Comment

Calamari wannabes LOL
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

They could also be based on the Tyranid ripper swarms.

Comment

chesthuggers...

that's a good name for them

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          chesthuggers...

that's a good name for them
                          Or mutant Goa'uld.

Comment

I don't know about that, but they were really freaking lethal.
                            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

This is the flood creature I was thinking of when I saw the ep.

Comment

Just how far ahead are the gate seeders?
                                Is it possible that the Ancients viewed remote data from them (being too apathetic for (non-spiritual) exploration on their own at that point) and based the drones of these creatures? Not only is their prop recyclage or clonage, but they behave a lot like drones, which are in certain episodes shown to be am advanced robotic living missile, not just specks of light (THe Tower?)
                                The initial shock and disappointment in the Atlantis cancellation has faded, but its still looking like more and more of a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X