X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post

Now people might say "I'm just giving it a chance" but honestly I have to think that its more along the lines of people keep watching because they want answers to the questions.

What is the Destiny?

What is going to happen to the people?

What can we learn about the Ancients?

How can they get home?

What is Telford going to do with Young's wife?

And lastly, its the first half of the first season! How many shows REALLY get on their feet in the first 5 episodes? Its pretty rare to see. Atlantis was an extreme exception to this but it also took alot of SG1 elements and was a very similar show. Plus, it aired back to back with SG1 which helped it alot.

Anyway, thats a long enough post from me.

- CB
      I watch cause I keep hoping they will go back to somewhat being like SG1, also to catch glimpses of O'Neill

and by the way SG1 was a hit for me, within 5 minutes of the 1st episode.

Give me some credit, at least I am trying to like it, and I know that if a few characters would remain dead I would have an easier time watching it.
      i.e. if Chloe remains dead, Scott falls into a crevasse and stays there indefinitely. On the other hand I love Rush, I hate that they killed off James cause I liked her, and that they injured Riley, him I like a lot, as I love Eli (without the Chloe attachment).

Oh and the other character I would prefer wasn't on there is Young.

So that's it for me:

more light
      more steady camera work
      less close ups
      no Chloe, Scott and Young

Then I would be happy

Is that asking for too much?
      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
        I watch cause I keep hoping they will go back to somewhat being like SG1, also to catch glimpses of O'Neill

and by the way SG1 was a hit for me, within 5 minutes of the 1st episode.

Give me some credit, at least I am trying to like it, and I know that if a few characters would remain dead I would have an easier time watching it.
        i.e. if Chloe remains dead, Scott falls into a crevasse and stays there indefinitely. On the other hand I love Rush, I hate that they killed off James cause I liked her, and that they injured Riley, him I like a lot, as I love Eli (without the Chloe attachment).

Oh and the other character I would prefer wasn't on there is Young.

So that's it for me:

more light
        more steady camera work
        less close ups
        no Chloe, Scott and Young

Then I would be happy

Is that asking for too much?
        Yes. I think asking for 43% of the main cast to die is too much
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
          And then Chloe wakes up and finds Eli in her shower
          OMG,,,, can't stop laughing here.

General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

James is alive.

Comment

Give me some credit, at least I am trying to like it
              No. You want credit for sitting through something you don't want to watch, or you don't like? Just cut yourself loose mate, because the things you want to happen won't happen. Chloe, Scott and Young are sticking around, as are the 'less light', the 'close-ups' and the 'un-steady camera' that you seem to dislike.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

OK, Firstly it was the same solar flare in both time lines and the second kino would have all the info needed to save them because they had the intel from the first time line "Your not thinking fourth dimensionally" to quote Dr Brown... back to the future

Comment

And OMG, that's one of my alternative "S2E01" plot lines.

I was thinking yesterday - we know that Season 1 is complete. So, for Season 2:
                  Open on Rush, waking up in his room on the Icarus Base. He looks over to the photo of his wife, Suzanne Pleshette. Then wanders to the galley for coffee, goes to the porch for a smoke. Sees Eli, begins to tell him about the strange dream he had. Everyone was there, but they were just a wee bit different. Chloe, the Type A Super-Effective Super-Competent Chief of Staff for her Super Important Senator Father was for some reason helpless as a kitten. The military folk were all snippy and weak. Everyone was SO wrapped up in themselves and their drama. The only consistent characters were the two of them, the quest for the 9th chevron, and the Hammond overhead.

He tells everyone about it, they all get the time to think "how odd, gosh I would've been way more prepared than that" - and then they hear that the Lucian Alliance is coming, they're 20 minutes out. Barely time to dial the Destiny and send through all the really smart people, and the important things they will need.

Then the show begins, anew. With the less wrong people, behaving in less wrong ways.
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 16 November 2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

In general i was EXTREMELY satisfied at the end of this episode. While i admit it was a little bit disorienting at times, I loved the use of the kino in this episode. The producers established before an episode ever aired that this device would allow for creative camera work never used before on a Stargate show, and I thought it was intelligent, effective, and inventively used through out "Time". I loved that this episode was a "Stargate" episode through and through - visitation to another planet, a dilemma to solve, a great sci-fi wrinkle, action and a sense of adventure, philosophical/moral debate and contemplation (particularly in this case on death) - and managed to be entertaining throughout. For those clamoring for SGU to find its footing, or be more like SG1/SGA I would contend this episode was your answer - an emotional, exciting, fun, and creative episode. I know, at least for me, this episode truly put it all together with top-notch acting throughout. David Blue, Brian Smith, Alaina Huffman, and even Elyse Levesque all were given an opportunity to shine and each delivered in their own way. There were moments in this show that I think can be entered alongside some classic SG1 and SGA moments for their emotional weight and effectiveness at eliciting a reaction from the viewer. If you weren't at all moved by this episode, perhaps you're not truly watching! Now, the end of the episode, as other comments have noted, was a bold move. I, for one, loved that it left the resolution of the illness unstated, but discernible for most viewers. In this ending, there is my one source of slight disappointment that, for the characters themselves, there is some development lost (the characters dont gain the knowledge that Eli's mom has HIV, Eli's confession of feelings to Chloe doesn't happen, Rush doesn't open up or make his motives a little more clear to any of the crew, etc.) That said, at least for us as viewers this development was there, and WE know these characters better than we did before this episode aired. For that reason I do not think this episode was a useless episode. Though the events of "Time" were reset for the crew of the Destiny, they were not for us - and we're the better for it. Kudos to all involved with this episode. It gives me even more to look forward to in the weeks to come.
                    Last edited by MattZat; 15 November 2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Boring. I never liked reset-button episodes in any show so of course I wasn't going to like this one. Reset episodes makes me automatically press the fast forward button (tivo), something that I usually never do. Found the whole sickness -> cure story weak and undeveloped. Eli did some decent actor work. Chloe died - yay. Reset button resurrected Chloe, noo. No stupid communication stones, yay. No superfluous romantic bull****, yay. It was better than last weeks extremely weak episode. I just didn't find the overarching story compelling because of the aforementioned reset bull****.

Did the episode develop the characters? No.
                      Did it develop the story? No.
                      Was the tone of the episode different? A bit.
                      Was I ever bored? Yes, but not as much as last week.
                      Did I fast-forward? Yup, a few times.
                      Annoying characters? Yes, Chloe.
                      Aliens? I guess, those worm things (Gual'd embryos gone mad).
                      Gate usage? Yup.

4.5/10.
                      We're whalers on the moon,
                      We carry a harpoon.
                      But there ain't no whales
                      So we tell tall tales
                      And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by MattZat View Post
                        In general i was EXTREMELY satisfied at the end of this episode. While i admit it was a little bit disorienting at times, I loved the use of the kino in this episode. The producers established before an episode ever aired that this device would allow for creative camera work never used before on a Stargate show, and I thought it was intelligent, effective, and inventively used through out "Time". I loved that this episode was a "Stargate" episode through and through - visitation to another planet, a dilemma to solve, a great sci-fi wrinkle, action and a sense of adventure, philosophical/moral debate and contemplation (particularly in this case on death - and managed to be entertaining throughout. For those clamoring for SGU to find its footing, or be more like SG1/SGA I would contend this episode was your answer - an emotional, exciting, fun, and creative episode. I know, at least for me, this episode truly put it all together with top-notch acting throughout. David Blue, Brian Smith, Alaina Huffman, and even Elyse Levesque all were given an opportunity to shine and each delivered in their own way. There were moments in this show that I think can be entered alongside some classic SGA and SGU moments for their emotional weight and effectiveness at eliciting a reaction from the viewer. If you weren't at all moved by this episode, perhaps you're not truly watching! Now, the end of the episode, as other comments have noted, was a bold move. I, for one, loved that it left the resolution of the illness unstated, but discernible for most viewers. In this ending, there is my one source of slight disappointment that, for the characters themselves, there is some development lost (the characters dont gain the knowledge that Eli's mom has HIV, Eli's confession of feelings to Chloe doesn't happen, Rush doesn't open up or make his motives a little more clear to any of the crew. That said, at least for us as viewers this development was there, and WE know these characters better than we did before this episode aired. For that reason I do not think this episode was a useless episode. Though the events of "Time" were reset for the crew of the Destiny, they were not for us - and we're the better for it. Kudos to all involved with this episode. It gives me even more to look forward to in the weeks to come.
                        Since they ended up with both Kinos, I expect people still learned about Eli's mom. And the Butch and Sundance thing too, though not Eli's confession to Chloe. I quite agree with your other comments.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                          Since they ended up with both Kinos, I expect people still learned about Eli's mom. And the Butch and Sundance thing too, though not Eli's confession to Chloe. I quite agree with your other comments.
                          That's a good point. I guess they would eventually watch the first kino and learn about it. Thanks for reminding me about it - makes me even less disappointed in that case!

Comment

Originally posted by MattZat View Post
                            That's a good point. I guess they would eventually watch the first kino and learn about it. Thanks for reminding me about it - makes me even less disappointed in that case!

I think I made that point in a different thread that while the touching character moment between Young and Rush was not carried through, the remark by Rush would've been..
                            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              I think I made that point in a different thread that while the touching character moment between Young and Rush was not carried through, the remark by Rush would've been..
                              And the remark by Rush may have inspired another similar moment in the final timeline.

Hmm, and Eli getting laughted at (or thinking he's being laughed at) is available for their viewing pleasure too.

I hope in a later episode Rush makes that same quote again
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

First of all: I liked this episode a lot. It was around 10 times better than "Earth" . I was kinda disappointed about the ending,but only because I wanted to see more and that it was bad the episode was over. I have now watched the episode 2 times and I loved that they did`nt use the stones. I "hate" the communication stones,but I do understand why the writers have them in the show. Still I have to say that I hope they goes "bye bye" as soon as possible. The earth scenes are not bad,but they take away a bit of the actual story which I feel is the about Destiny itself.

And now over to something completely different: Why why why does people that did`nt like any episodes and say that every episode is worse than the ones before keep on watching it? Nobody is forcing the show on anyone? Someone has to explain this very good for me,please.
                                I get the feeling that people that thinks every episode is a new low for the series are only watching it to come here and complain,and by all means,everyone is free to comment whatever they like,but I can not understand why some watch it if they hate it. It has been 8 episodes now...how many episodes will people watch and hate before understanding that there are a lot of other tv-channels to switch to if its so painful to watch?

Well,enough of my complaining. I dont like to write this complaining,but I really cant understand this. Maybe I`m just dumb.

Episode: 8 "Time" was a 9/10 ,that is almost the best I ever give since I always want it to be something even better. The potential of SGU is for me growing from episode to episode. With the exception of "Earth" there has not been one episode under 7/10 for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X