This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonicbluemustang View Post
    Yes maybe a kill off episode. Maybe one written to make you wonder for ever cause they just leave you hanging episode. We'll see.
    Spoiler:
    If Young was killed on the jungle planet and he's on next weeks episode talking to Emily. ? .
    no one is dead now scott solved the issue at the end
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't agree that 'Stargate is back' and all that triumphalism. I think it was the first fully fleshed out story and it had everthing that is until it ended. This would have been a great episode if it had been concluded as a traditional Stargate episode but I'm just deflated by the ending. This was the first time when I thought the new production format killed the story. If as some say there is no conclusion it will be a missed opportunity in my book to get the show on its feet for a fan such as myself who still has doubts. I don't think it is reasonable to assume that they simply catch some of those bugs and cure everyone when each and every time they were ultimately defenceless against those bugs. For me there has to be some kind of pay-off in the next episode. Mallozzi said this episode and the next 2 would get the fans excited but as I say if there isn't a conclusion in the next episode then Time will be a first strike.

Comment

Much much better episode from the boring last week's episode. This is now officially my favourite for SGU(for now)

Comment

someone can help me ?? they want back in time and back it time and back int time but steel doent find a cure ? so what just happend ??

who is dead ?
          there are steel ppl infected on the ship?
          The way I interpreted it was that the final message Scott left at the end of the episode would be the one found the next time and give them all the answers they need. They just didn't show the crew actually finding it and going through the process.
          Last edited by Myles; 14 November 2009, 05:47 AM.

Comment

scott's final scene solves the whole issie
            • timeline 1 destiny crew goes to planet and dies and leaves a kino

• timeline 2 destiny crew finds kino and watches themselves die one by one. and realizes that there's something in the water their found a couple eps back. scott leaves kino explaing the whole issue. and how to fix it

• timeline 3 team finds kino and now knows that the planet is dangerous and how to solve the issue with the water. and no one is dead.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

While I agree that it was nice to see a bit more action, I think the episode still fit in well with the current format. And I wouldn't say it was better or worse than the likes of Earth or Darkness/Light(my favorites so far). It was just a bit different, while still maintaining the tone. I liked it quite a lot. And the killing people off and messing with viewers' heads...totally awesome.

Now this is what I said somewhere else:
              It was cool to see the good ol' solar flare being used again. And it was in a fairly cool manner, so as not to make it look like a rehashed plot from SG-1. I like this kind of thing – don't completely ignore events that happened in the past series. Chances are such incidents would occur more than once(it did on SG-1, after all), so acknowledge them but use them to tell a different story.

Great episode IMO. 9/10

Comment

Frankly I interpreted it as a "To be continued" episode. Especially since the flying goauld seem difficult to capture and everybody was dead.

Spoiler:

but Life spoilers (and previews which are spoilers) tells otherwise from what I understand in other people posts in the episode thread.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  There were only two suits in working order if Water and Earth are to be any indication, and one's basically been 'spolded by Riley in Earth. The away team on the first unaltered timeline was pretty damn big - they were looking for food or water or whatever, so every hand was needed (Hell, they sent Chloe!). So they decided not to have suits. Who cares? They could breathe all good, and not every planet is diseased filled, so why not go out and just wing it?
                  It's potentially extremely dangerous, especially in their situation. One single alien germ or invasive microbe could literally kill them all if even one person brings it back with them. Granted that's not what actually turned out to be going on in this episode, but their initial assumptions about the sickness did raise the whole issue of why they're exposing their bodies to these unknown alien ecosystems when they don't really have to be.

It's not really particularly hard to do things with the suits on instead. The suits seemed fairly easy to get on and off and move around in so basically you'd just be losing out on the number of people you could send on any given trip through the gate at a time. If you don't know what you're going to potentially be breathing in it's definitely worth it to suit up. There's all kinds of other dangers to that you won't be able to spot with a Kino. A planet that looks perfectly normal on video might orbit a star that puts out potentially lethal levels of radiation, or plants that look harmless enough could have spores or pollen saturating the air all around them that are massively poisonous to a human body if inhaled. They had something like 36 hours to gather fruits and berries in this one to so it's not like there was a mad rush on that forced them to send a bunch of people over unprotected either. I suspect it was just more like what Chloe said, "wanting to get some fresh air". So basically they were just being reckless. Everyone wanted a chance to go explore the cool new planet and get off the ship for a while so a bunch of them just sort of piled through the gate without any real planning beforehand.

Cliche's are not bad things - they just move the plot along so the big things can happen (IE the whole time travel fun of this episode). It's a TV show. Suspend disbelief for an hour.
                  This wasn't really anything to do with plot. It's just one of those genre cliches that's been regurgitated so many times that nobody even realizes when they're doing it anymore.

Besides, I get the feeling that maybe the third timeline's crew may've used the suits to go alien hunting, as protection against the potential bites as described by the 2nd Timeline Scott. Like bee-keepers.
                  I certainly can't explain why the team that went in there at night knowing exactly what to expect didn't.

Originally posted by nulian View Post
                  And if you watched the show you should know that the dissease came from the water from the ice planet and not the planet where they where gattering food.
                  ...and if you'd read my post before launching this pitiful little knee jerk attack of questionable grammar and spelling on me, you would have noticed that I noted as much by putting "(seems)" in brackets the way I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahi738 View Post
                    someone can help me ?? they want back in time and back it time and back int time but steel doent find a cure ? so what just happend ??

who is dead ?
                    there are steel ppl infected on the ship?
                    The beauty of temporal mechanics....

We saw the loop happen at least 3x, however in at least one Rush's body was devoured by the critters, so they developed an antibody to the infection.

In the post-episode loops, they just grabbed sleeping critters to make the vaccine. It really didn't need to be shown on-screen again, that would've been the same boring expository storytelling that ruined so many otherwise good SGA episodes ("Tabula Rasa", for instance)
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      I certainly can't explain why the team that went in there at night knowing exactly what to expect didn't.
                      Because by the time Rush figured it out, they had only an hour to go - 45 minutes to be safe. Getting in the suits might have taken away half that time. Simply put, there wasn't enough time. They couldn't wait any longer either, because the flare affected the gate from that point up until the Destiny entered FTL. So it was then or never.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                        It's potentially extremely dangerous, especially in their situation. One single alien germ or invasive microbe could literally kill them all if even one person brings it back with them. Granted that's not what actually turned out to be going on in this episode, but their initial assumptions about the sickness did raise the whole issue of why they're exposing their bodies to these unknown alien ecosystems when they don't really have to be.

It's not really particularly hard to do things with the suits on instead. The suits seemed fairly easy to get on and off and move around in so basically you'd just be losing out on the number of people you could send on any given trip through the gate at a time. If you don't know what you're going to potentially be breathing in it's definitely worth it to suit up. There's all kinds of other dangers to that you won't be able to spot with a Kino. A planet that looks perfectly normal on video might orbit a star that puts out potentially lethal levels of radiation, or plants that look harmless enough could have spores or pollen saturating the air all around them that are massively poisonous to a human body if inhaled. They had something like 36 hours to gather fruits and berries in this one to so it's not like there was a mad rush on that forced them to send a bunch of people over unprotected either. I suspect it was just more like what Chloe said, "wanting to get some fresh air". So basically they were just being reckless. Everyone wanted a chance to go explore the cool new planet and get off the ship for a while so a bunch of them just sort of piled through the gate without any real planning beforehand.

This wasn't really anything to do with plot. It's just one of those genre cliches that's been regurgitated so many times that nobody even realizes when they're doing it anymore.

First and second points: Yeah, that's about it... Recklessness is a driving factor. That and danger is always a potential factor when dealing with offworld travel. Again, I think they were just winging it.

Third point: Meh. Either or - it's such a tiny thing to me compared to the rest of the episode.

Fourth point: I'd say time was a factor, as reddevil pointed out. Then again, time's also a factor for the third timeline's peeps... Recklessness again?
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          scott's final scene solves the whole issie
                          • timeline 1 destiny crew goes to planet and dies and leaves a kino

• timeline 2 destiny crew finds kino and watches themselves die one by one. and realizes that there's something in the water their found a couple eps back. scott leaves kino explaing the whole issue. and how to fix it

• timeline 3 team finds kino and now knows that the planet is dangerous and how to solve the issue with the water. and no one is dead.
                          Thank you! I was so confused.

Comment

Best episode of the lot, but considering what I think of the rest of them, that is unfortunately not as complimentary as it should be.

Dislikes..

1. They still managed to work in an awful lot of crying into my long awaited 'action' episode.
                            2. Didn't like the 'Aliens' the movie style camera work. Too jittery and annoying.
                            3. You can't just randomly manipulate a solar flare. A few seconds off can send you into the future/past etc.
                            4. Given the episode was called 'time', the first time I saw the gate wormhole was having issues I immediately knew why and there was no mystery or suspense anymore. I knew whatever would be undone, even if I didn't know what 'whatever' was going to be.

Likes...

1. What happened to Chloe was good. But put that also into a dislike camp, since they yanked it away from me.
                            2. Some action (of the nonsexual variety) finally.
                            3. Minimal 'feelings' stuff until Eli. Can't we get just one episode for people like me all the way through? Just one, please!

Of course though, in what has to be the most ironic thing about the series for me so far... I finally get an episode that is close to what I am after, and how does it end? It ends by pretending it never happened. There is some irony for you.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Can't be since they were there only 30 hrs or so, there is no way the bodies got picked clean in that short of a time.
                              But there's nothing to say Rush didn't get sent back a lot further than 30 hours. It could have been years. Plenty of time for picking clean, or decomposition.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Character development still happened, we learned about them. Just because they won't know it all in the end doesn't invalidate what we found out.
                              ITA. *mental green* The characters were developed for the audience - we know a lot more about them than we did before.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Timeline 3 happens because what happens in Timeline 2. And in Timeline 2 the original Kino was taken to the Destiny. So in that manner I think the original Kino is stored on Timeline 2 Destiny and Timeline 3 knows nothing about Timeline 1
                              As much as that ^ hurt my brain, that's the way I saw it too.

Loved this ep to bits. Loved the ending, letting the audience put the pieces together. Loved the character moments. Loved TJ. Loved Rush - when he was telling the away team about the deaths, listing them by title and surname until he got to "(pause...) and Chloe." The tin man has a heart after all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                Loved this ep to bits. Loved the ending, letting the audience put the pieces together. Loved the character moments. Loved TJ. Loved Rush - when he was telling the away team about the deaths, listing them by title and surname until he got to "(pause...) and Chloe." The tin man has a heart after all.
                                Rush was totally on the ball in this one. Shooting bugs, attempting to escape through the gate, shrugging when being called crazy...

"For a moment there, I thought we were in trouble!"

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X