No announcement yet.

Greer get's his

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just hope that this situation will mention in the next couple of episodes something like that rush comes back in his body and ask what happened and why he is injured
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
      Not sure I'd agree with that. He seems to show a lot of restraint while dealing with Scott, Eli, Young or Chloe. He may have put on a threatening manner on occasion (like after Eli jokingly asked if Greer was afraid of the dark) but he doesn't snap and beat them to a pulp. They are part of the group who are to be protected and upon whom you can rely. Kino episodes are not regarded as canon, but the one where Scott and Greer have a conversation is a great insight to his character. http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2190/index.html
      Which is why, as a few of us have argued before, that kino clip should have been in an actual episode where most of the viewers could have seen it. Instead TPTB wasted some of the best work of their writers, a great performance by Jamil Walker Smith, and the best insight into Greer's character, in a kino feature that will go relatively unseen by the masses. You think TPTB are wasting any second of development of Rush in a kino clip? In sabotage when Perry enters Elli's quarters and has a conversation about her being all warm and fuzzy for Rush, was that necessary? Was that a better scene than the kino scene with Greer and Scott? Heck, no. But one scene is deemed worthy to appear in an episode (even though we as viewers understand Perry is attracted to Rush without that conversation) and one is deemed only worthy as a kino clip. Actually a lot of the kinos have provided the series with much more memorable moments than scenes from episodes. But that's a different discussion for a different day.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
        Actually a lot of the kinos have provided the series with much more memorable moments than scenes from episodes. But that's a different discussion for a different day.
        I think the kinos provided the series with much needed friendship moments lacking on the show. This week's baby shower scene could practically been a kino clip.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
          Actually a lot of the kinos have provided the series with much more memorable moments than scenes from episodes.
          Yup. The kinos have had some of the best scenes in SGU. I would have liked to have seen more of that content included in regular episodes. And indeed, the Greer/Scott scene would have fit well at the end of "Lost" or the start of the following episode.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
            Greer isn't exactly a stable person. Stir crazy and bat**** crazy are his 2 settings.
            I reckon Young needs some sort of 'Greer Leash', kind of like Jet Li in 'unleashed'. Young just walks around giving orders and so on, but when little old Telford, Wray or Rush steps out of line then BAM, of comes the leash and let the fun begin.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I reckon Young needs some sort of 'Greer Leash', kind of like Jet Li in 'unleashed'. Young just walks around giving orders and so on, but when little old Telford, Wray or Rush steps out of line then BAM, of comes the leash and let the fun begin.
              Young has a "Greer leash". It's called respect.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Part of me did think greer looked like he enjoyed smacking into telford, as to him it WAS rush there... Payback for last ep when he got cold cocked in the head... BUT another part felt he was consumed with his desire to protect Col Young and did not care who it was he was wailing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  If you want to make us believe there's no marine with a temper like Greer you fail miserably. Frankly he seems more real than Scott even if I can believe such boyscout also exist in the army.
                  I know of one person in the US Army that's got a pretty bad temper (and some questionable morals as well). Needless to say, they're aware of it and he's been through counselling, etc. He's actually quite a lot like Greer... there's a reason why Greer is so protective of Young.
                  Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                    There has been talk that Greer hates Telford because Greer was at the base that was attacked by the Lucian Alliance and he lost a lot of friends in the attack. Greer rightfully blames Telford for not giving a warning of the attack.
                    Greer was in detention on Icarus Base when the LA attacked. He had already laid the smack down on Telford, for whatever the reason! TBH if Telford is the mole then Greer's instinct was right to give him a *****slap!
                    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                      Was anyone else happy to see Greer get some sweet payback by laying in the beats on Telford?

Haha he wasn't gonna stop, that was for sure. Good thing Scott was there lol.
                      I admit, I did find it very ...satisfying.

Can you picture Greers math..Telford + Rush body ( add beatdown) = Early Christmas.

Comment

i really wait in suspence how rush will react when he comes back in his body and he is injured maybe with greer besides him smirking
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                          Not sure I'd agree with that. He seems to show a lot of restraint while dealing with Scott, Eli, Young or Chloe. He may have put on a threatening manner on occasion (like after Eli jokingly asked if Greer was afraid of the dark) but he doesn't snap and beat them to a pulp. They are part of the group who are to be protected and upon whom you can rely. Kino episodes are not regarded as canon, but the one where Scott and Greer have a conversation is a great insight to his character. http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2190/index.html

He has a "dislike" for Telford, Rush and Wray. From Greer's perspective Telford and Rush are in the "people who are a threat to the group" camp. If Greer was as crazy as he is made out then he would attack either of these guys on sight, always. Wray started out being annoying to Greer and has worked her way into the same camp as Telford and Rush due to her participation in the insurrection.

He has hit Telford, something which everyone (except Telford) enjoyed. He has been abusive to Rush, but he hasn't always taken the first swing (see "Water") and actually showed some restraint considering his training. He's pulled a weapon several times and threatened to shoot people like Rush and Wray. The only person I can recall Greer actually shooting is Franklin, and Greer did it after Rush "ordered" him to do so (and who later on the ship told everyone "Greer shot him", but left out his own part in the incident).

Out of everyone else on board, Greer has a higher regard for the military types than the civilians. Of the military types, Greer had a dislike for Spencer due to his falling out of the "to be trusted and upon whom you can rely" camp. Greer viewed that (imo) as a betrayal. The other civilians are there to be protected, but since they have (in Greer's world view) acted untrustworthy, he is less likely to cut them any kind of slack. Even with this being said, he showed "restraint" by only rendering the civilian guards unconscious rather than killing them in "Divided". It is not known by what means he rendered them unconscious, but we can hope it was by a means which did no lasting physical harm or required a full body cast.

regards,
                          G.
                          I don't see him as nuts or uncontrollable either (barring evil space ticks of doom!). I think you've put this really well, that how he treats you depends on where you fit in his circle of trust, not only for him but for the group.

I disagree that kinosodes aren't canon, if only because they are acted in character, as part of the main production, by the original actors.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Yeah I actually will go a step further and say the kinosodes are dead set in cannon. Watch the kinosode after Time. They detail how they got the last kino, went to the planet and safely obtained the creatures and saved everyone from being killed by the water.

Comment

Greer to me is like a mad dog that needs to be put down. I tried to give his character a chance because I liked the actor but I've had it with him. And I won't even get on how ridiculous it was that Young would need protection from Telford in Rush's body. He's twice as heavy and was never in any danger. Greer just took his chance to beat on someone smaller and weaker than him. I can't believe that the Stargate programme as I know it would accept someone like Greer in their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                                Greer to me is like a mad dog that needs to be put down. I tried to give his character a chance because I liked the actor but I've had it with him. And I won't even get on how ridiculous it was that Young would need protection from Telford in Rush's body. He's twice as heavy and was never in any danger. Greer just took his chance to beat on someone smaller and weaker than him. I can't believe that the Stargate programme as I know it would accept someone like Greer in their ranks.
                                I forgot about that. What I saw was Lou Diamond Philiip's body and he has been playing a badass for the last 15 years and he looked more then a match for Colonel Young.

Greer's rank as a USMC Master Sergeant does not fit his actions. Although he does come off as "real" to me, but perhaps lessor in rank and experience

Maybe he is upset he is a USMC Staff NCO and everybody calls him Sergeant and not Master Sergeant as if he was a dogface soldier or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X