Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icsteffi View Post
    He's an amazing actor. I wonder how well him and Justin Lewis get on in real life, because their scenes are SO tense!
    They get along very well from stories Louis Ferreira has told.

Comment

The smile on his face when he saw the shock on Young's was just perfect. LDP did an incredible job in this ep. I love to hate a character and Telford is right up there with the best.
      sigpic

Comment

Brilliant performance. His speech about Destiny should be shared by everyone kind of conflicts with the whole Lucian Alliance smash and grab strategy. There has to be more to it. Maybe he's in love with that Lucian girl. That seems to be his weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Okay, who else loved him in this episode?

I thought he was fantastically true to form throughout the first half or so of the episode--a completely acerbic, self-righteous ass. Didn't even deny trying to take advantage of Emily.

And then when he revealed his deception, hot diggity, that was good stuff.

I especially enjoyed his little diatribe on morality; how he went off on Earth's "saving" the galaxy and then leaving everyone to their fates with no semblance of aid/economy/government or anything. This is something I've been saying for years, I'm glad to see it finally mentioned on the show. Even if it is coming from the mouth of a villain, it's great to finally see it acknowledged.
          Show me a slave who wishes he could go back to being a slave. You don't often see a few old ex-slaves sitting around having a few beers thinking 'yeah man those were the days, getting whipped and not getting paid for our 100 hour weeks. Oh the life'.

Yep I am sure every single person who was under Goauld slavery hates being able to choose their own destiny, rather than having it chosen for them. Of course things will be chaotic in the years after but its like moving out of home isn't it? For a few months after you just make do without forks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I especially enjoyed his little diatribe on morality; how he went off on Earth's "saving" the galaxy and then leaving everyone to their fates with no semblance of aid/economy/government or anything. This is something I've been saying for years, I'm glad to see it finally mentioned on the show. Even if it is coming from the mouth of a villain, it's great to finally see it acknowledged.
            I was actually surprised to heck and all that, watching him go off like that. I have been wanting someone to get into it for a loonnnnnggggggg time!

Also remember Kiva stated they do have mind control devices. That and telford is the only person to have his memories bleed into other people through use of the stones...why only him? Unless he has been brain washed in some odd fashion.
            THat may give us another way to look for those brainwashed...

The smile on his face when he saw the shock on Young's was just perfect. LDP did an incredible job in this ep. I love to hate a character and Telford is right up there with the best.
            He did a great job conning young...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

He did a great job conning young...
              Yeah I must give LDP his dues here, I haven't been a huge fan of him to date, but he was top notch here. I have avoided the major spoilers for the most part so I wasn't sure which way it would swing til the final reveal. He played it very very well.
              sigpic

Comment

I really hope Telford isn't brainwashed. Someone helping the LA for principled reasons is much more interesting than someone who's been forced to help them. It shows the LA may be fighting for reasons more than base profit and control.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                  I didn't get his morality spiel. It was overly idealistic, and naive (which explains why he turned).

Honestly, I can't tell if Telford is short-sighted or ignorant. Dealing with the Go'uld was a matter of survival, as was threats dealing with Replicators and the Ori. Earth never intended on destabalising galactic security; they just wanted to get rid of the immediate threats. Yes, it was short sighted and incredibly self serving, but that is how the world works.

Does Earth need to go out and fix everything they screwed up? Ideally, yeah. But if we've learnt anything from politics in the real world, it should be "don't get involved in other people's sh!t until we've sorted our own out." Earth's resources are over stretched as it is, between building new starships for defence, resources going into research, and probably helping to solidify the FJN (buying allies), can Earth really go about fix every backwater with little hopes for a return on investment?

Does Earth have the right to hoard all of the nifty tech that we've found over the years? Ideally, no. But again, Earth still has enemies, and would any sane military leader willingly give tech over to the enemy to use against them?

The naive idealistic lefty in me loves the character arc for Telford, but the cold pragmatist despises that kind of naivety.
                  Cough.

Pegusus Galaxy , internal conflict and hordes of Wraith.

Which Earth woke up.

Maybe Telford had a point.

Comment

it seems obvious now that Telford indeed has been brainwashed. unfortunately, he doesn't have a goauld in his belly so we can't take it out to cure him.

but i think that it's the basis of Young's actions. he vents the atmosphere slowly, so Telford gets a near-death experience

Comment

lol. his scenes were kinda funny.

You're a spy! Am not! Are too. Am not! Jack comes in, yea ok, I'm a spy. It would have been priceless if they brought in Teal'c to quirk his eyebrows and torture him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                        lol. his scenes were kinda funny.

You're a spy! Am not! Are too. Am not! Jack comes in, yea ok, I'm a spy. It would have been priceless if they brought in Teal'c to quirk his eyebrows and torture him.
                        Being eyebrowed by Teal'c would be enough to make me admit anything!
                        sigpic

Comment

They all but admitted he was brain washed. Kiva stated they could do it and once on the cargo ship she asked him what his real name was....

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                            They all but admitted he was brain washed. Kiva stated they could do it and once on the cargo ship she asked him what his real name was....
                            Slartibartfast.

Comment

I wonder if Telford is going to be on the ship next season? Will Kiva and co take him with them when they board Destiny. . . .
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by pharaoh atem View Post
                                he didn't sing la bamba
                                lmao
                                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X