Lucian alliance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    but they won't be able to do anything with the ship just like the current crew.
    Yet.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the ship becomes divided...similar to when the civies took over the ship...granted the info that telford passed to the LA won't be enough for them to jump on the ship and gain instant control. Rush has proved that they can reroute controls to various parts of the ship. I have zero doubt that eli can do it as well...

Comment

I just figured out how to go back and forth between Destiny and wherever, which might be the LA motivation here.

If you can recharge your ship, therefor your shields, skimming the surface of a star, then youd have enough power to dial Destiny. Assuming you keep a stargate onboard and you know the address/code to dial.

Its was starring us in the face all this time, or maybe im just slow or something. Its simple and beautiful.

But its never gonna happen. The LA will figure it out but their ship will blow up like the icarus planet did and well have a bunch of new english accent speaking actors on Destiny. Its always good to have more red shirts.

Comment

LoL...you need to watch "Earth" episode 7. They try to do just that and the Rush blocks it saying the ship wouldn't be able to handle that kind of power going through its systems now.

Comment

Why isn't Ventrell in charge? (The guy with the red food, he was in Season 10's Bounty, he took control of the alliance).

If anything he should owe Earth for that, they put him in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              Why isn't Ventrell in charge? (The guy with the red food, he was in Season 10's Bounty, he took control of the alliance).

If anything he should owe Earth for that, they put him in that position.
              According to IMDb it's not the same character. if it's not, that actor had now played four different characters in SG.

Perfecto!

Comment

Just skimmed through this thread after watching this episode. The ep made no sense. There is no compelling reason for the Lucian Alliance to want to go to Destiny. Zero reason. You can talk about how remarkable the technology on Destiny is until you're blue in the face, the fact remains that there are much better targets that are much closer for the Lucian Alliance to set their sights on. There's no reason for them to maroon a group of their people on an out dated ancient craft that is millions of light years away.
                That said, this isn't the Lucian Alliance. It's a group led by the daughter of a Lucian Alliance warlord, which is an interesting distinction. She might have rank among her father's forces, but in the Lucian Alliance proper she'd have zero standing at all.
                There are three motives for any action: Power, Hate and Love. We know the technology is not the reason for the trip: There is better stuff available, and anybody who goes to Destiny is going to be stuck there. That leaves hate and love. I don't think the daughter of a Lucian Alliance warlord would have such a grudge that she'd chase an enemy that far to have them killed. So that leaves love.

The only reason this group wants to find Destiny is because the Lucian Alliance warlord's daughter's spy of a boyfriend is on Destiny, and she will do anything to be rejoined with him.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  I would take that with a grain of salt. Re watch Air, we never actually see the Hammond firing Asgard beams. It's possible the Hammond had yet to be fitted with them.
                  Personally since the Hammond never thought it would be attacked. They would not have had their shields up, and with possible intel or scans from of our ships they knew where to fire knocking out the weapons.
                  thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                    Just skimmed through this thread after watching this episode. The ep made no sense. There is no compelling reason for the Lucian Alliance to want to go to Destiny. Zero reason. You can talk about how remarkable the technology on Destiny is until you're blue in the face, the fact remains that there are much better targets that are much closer for the Lucian Alliance to set their sights on. There's no reason for them to maroon a group of their people on an out dated ancient craft that is millions of light years away.
                    I couldn't stand this episode. Also can't stand the obvious direction the show is headed.

Spoiler:
                    Oh, lets make rush dial Destinay, so the Lucian Alliance can get on board

I wanted to see new stuff in this show, not retreads of the same bad guys. It makes me feel that:

Spoiler:
                    The writers already ran out of good ideas and decided "hey, lets get the Lucian Alliance on board so we can have more tension between people stranded on this decrepit ship!"

Jumped the shark. Don't know if I'll watch the last two episodes now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                      That said, this isn't the Lucian Alliance. It's a group led by the daughter of a Lucian Alliance warlord, which is an interesting distinction. She might have rank among her father's forces, but in the Lucian Alliance proper she'd have zero standing at all.
                      There are three motives for any action: Power, Hate and Love. We know the technology is not the reason for the trip: There is better stuff available, and anybody who goes to Destiny is going to be stuck there. That leaves hate and love. I don't think the daughter of a Lucian Alliance warlord would have such a grudge that she'd chase an enemy that far to have them killed. So that leaves love.

The only reason this group wants to find Destiny is because the Lucian Alliance warlord's daughter's spy of a boyfriend is on Destiny, and she will do anything to be rejoined with him.
                      Thats a very good point. One could tell there was sort of a connection between her and Telford. The others I believe are just interested in exploring; which is probably why they are going to explore. That being said I know what happens in the finale which I can see supporting this.
                      thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Really? Love? Ehhhh if she was in love with someone on the ship she wouldn't use telford as a spy to get intel and force rush to work on getting them there...she would just be honest. Other than Telford who on the ship has even had remote access to the Lucian Alliance? There is no one on the ship to love. If you think about all the alteran technology that is still out there in the universe. The two biggest pieces of it are Atlantis and Destiny. As others have said the Lucian Alliance has zero chance of getting a hold of Atlantis. It's too strong and too well protected, we control the ship 100% inside and out. Destiny...we can't even steer the thing, let alone protect the gate from incoming travelers and most of the people on the ship are civilians. It's an easy target to gain information and technology about the Alterans. Since they have access to Telford and earth for that matter they prolly have also acquired access to the communication stones and have their own set. A researcher could just send back the equations and design schematics as they see them, or hell they could use the memory re-call devise the Gou'ald created and see exactly in clear detail what secrets Destiny has shown those there, this is all under the assumption they can unlock the ship. But stealing/copying technology is a very real and viable possibility

Comment

If Rush told the Lucian Alliance what's for dinner every night on Destiny, I'm sure some of them will change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            If Rush told the Lucian Alliance what's for dinner every night on Destiny, I'm sure some of them will change their minds.
                            This is a good point.

Comment

I liked the Lucain Alliance, and am all for giving them a 2nd chance. Their first appearance in SG-1 was disappointing as they got out shined by the Ori, and where never able to stand on their own two feet among the Overpowered SGC of the time. However here we have the chance to really see the LA for what they should have been, ruthless, powerful and corrupt. The LA also had great potential in that they where a coalition, with many cultures, and races, so hopefully we will get to see more of that aspect aswell, maybe even throwing in a few new and old aliens faces (the new CGI could make them really look good).

I say lets give them another chance, and based on last nights episode I think they are already gaining redemption.

Now all we need is an LA vs. Blue Alien episode and I will be a happy Gater.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

They want the repair robot. Gotta be the bot.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X