X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
    A) A familiar face for the fans?

B) He's been doing military stuff since season 1, don't think it's fair to call him just an archeologist anymore after everything he's been through.
    And considering they were worried about spies in the SGC it makes perfect sense that Jack would call on the one person he trusts more than just about anyone.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
      B) He's been doing military stuff since season 1, don't think it's fair to call him just an archeologist anymore after everything he's been through.
      Given his time in the SG programme I would imagine he's fairly adept at a number of military related skills. I don't think you can spend that many years serving in a front line team, with hte people he did, without some of that rubbing off. Not to mention he's probably recieved a fair bit of training in his time at the SGC.

Comment

This was definitely my favorite SGU episode yet! I am so excited for the finale!!

O'neill: "Everett, I'll have you know that I'm missing a national security briefing for this"
        Young: "Sorry about that sir"
        O'neill: "Well if you'd ever been to a national security briefing, you wouldn't say that."

I freaking love RDA.

I think that the baby shower scene was needed. Most of it was in the background while Eli was whispering about whats going on with Rush. It shows that while there are all these secret complications, life on the ship goes on, and most of the people are clueless about the danger they are in. That cluelessness can make for lots of excitement later!

Awesome episode---And GREAT background music this week.
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Wow. Just wow! What a ride! I loved every single bit of this ep. I loved the bits that made me so dislike a few characters - it is good drama and great acting to engender that kind of emotional reaction. I loved the way the scifi added such a twist to the standard capture/arrest > torture scenario. I loved the human moments. I loved the tensions - Camile being so far out of the loop that she simply had no concept of why she was out of it; Scott's human decency putting him in a conflicted position; Volker and Eli being horrified by Young's order. I loved most of Jack's appearance (even if one or two lines felt a bit over the top), I loved Daniel's appearance (even if it felt like stunt casting, although I do see that he is one person that Jack really trusts). I loved RC's acting. And I loved the ending.

10/10
          sigpic

Comment

I'll start off by saying it's always wonderful to see Jack and Daniel back. I also really enjoyed TJ's bits and the whole baby shower was wonderful. It's nice to see the whole crew behind her and ready to help out. The fact that Riley was able to construct a toy truck was just fantastic.

Now, on to the main problem I have with this episode: The Lucian Alliance. I've never liked them. So much about them just doesn't make sense. They've acquired a lot of Goa'uld technology and yet they still use hand guns??? But more importantly, their lack of any clear reason for wanting to get on Destiny. What possible benefit could it have to them? If Telford's been sharing information with them, then clearly they know that Earth hasn't gotten anything tangible from having people on the ship yet. And if one of their best scientists wasn't even worth keeping alive, then how could they gain anything out of going there? They'd also have to be aware that getting back would be nigh impossible too. And again, WHY? Yes, the lure of Ancient technology is great, but I just don't see how it benefits them to go through all that effort. And also, if Telford was going to be leading the mission to Destiny anyway, why did the Alliance bother attacking? They already had their intel source.

I can understand why the writers are introducing the Lucian Alliance, though. Basically, it's because they're human. They're not aliens with alien motives or delusions of Godhood. They're, in theory, more relatable than some villains in the past. However, this seems like just another in a long line of attempts to make SGU more "edgy" and "dramatic." Prior to watching this episode, I was willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping that maybe they could be analogous to the Genii in Atlantis (who were often more effective villains than the Wraith). BUT, upon watching this episode I was reminded of every mediocre episode in SG-1 seasons 9 and 10 that forced us to try to accept the Alliance as credible villains. And they just never worked. Perhaps I'm allowing a past dislike of them to color my view of this episode, but I just can't take them seriously. Even if they get onto the ship and say, killed a series regular or recurring character, it wouldn't make me consider them a legitimate threat. I'd just be sad that the deceased had to die at the hands of such terrible villains.

End of rant.
            Spoiler:
            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

This was probably the best episode of the season for me. I loved everything about it. It was a very suspenseful episode and I suspect that the two part finale will be even better.

Jack was great. I loved his little oneliners like "I know what makes me special" and "Corporal!?". I lol'd at the scene where he took a wrong turn down a corridor. I didn't really feel that his humor was out of place in the episode.

Final grade: A+
              sigpic

Comment

I forgot to say that it was great to see Telford getting his arse kicked again. Too bad it was in Rush's body, but Rush got tortured while in Telfords body, so it's all good!
                sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. I love almost everything about SGU, and am glad to see the Lucian Alliance emerge as a true blue threat. The face that humans are the primary villain in this series, blue aliens and alien bugs not withstanding, is very different for the franchise. On SG1 & SGA, human enemies (Lucian Alliance, Genii, the Trust etc) always came at the bottom of the list of threats. Also, I'm hoping we're learn exactley why they want the Desting in the next episode. If not I'll be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Why would Telford betrayal his country and his planet? Has he lost his mind?
                    There are multiple reasons to betray ones country or cause.

Disatisfaction with one's place in the heiracy.

Lots and lots of money.

Feeling slighted, not recognized for one's accomplishments.

Blonde high school cheerleaders.

Summer Glau.

Complete Five seasons of Firefly from an alternate reality . With full cast and Idris Elba as Shepherd Book.

There are positive reasons to betry one's cause. And negative ones.
                    Last edited by Tuvok; 22 May 2010, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Just a traitor. No brainwashing as far as I could tell.
                      So how would someone brainwashed with the Goa'uld technology even realize that he has been brainwashed? Just because he says he hasn't been brainwashed means that is the case?

I would tend to side with the "brainwashed Telford" opinion. His whole rant about the SGC/Earth not providing much help to the planets they freed seems completely out of character. Scott might have such views but not a career military guy like Telford.

For people wondering about why the Lucian Alliance wants to get onto Destiny. Well hello? Ancient technology? Why wouldn't they want a piece of that? Why wouldn't they go through the effort? We just saw those blue aliens in the other galaxy go through a great deal of effort, multiple times, to capture Destiny.
                      Last edited by Buzz Lightyear; 22 May 2010, 02:24 AM.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

My view on using Daniel for the Recon is this... Jack knows without a shadow of a doubt that Daniel would never turn traitor... and he probably bumped into him right after he was asked for a tail for Rush.....

Man, i've missed RDA's humor... even down to how the man says 'Hello' is brilliant.... and i really LMAO at the classic wrong turn.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

What a awesome episode, I was worried about the inclusion first about the Lucain Alliance at first, however here they really worked, remaining me off the Trust in many ways, shame they are all Human though, would of been a good way to cameo some of the old SG-1 aliens (maybe latter). Looking forward towards hearing their reasons for wanting the Destiny, maybe they know something we don't?

The pacing and Tension in this episode was also great, gripping stuff, really can't wait for next weeks episode. However I am starting to worry that a big upset may happen for TJ and her baby.

It was nice to see the classic Cargo Ship once again, it looked amazing in its new GCI hyperspace view, and the interior set looked allot better than the plastic looking ones from the past. The Goa'uld temple also looked sweet, was it a re-dress of the SGC?
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Looked that way to me...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Firstly,

I dont think it is a good thing for the show that so many people loved this episode, including me. This is because if we have to rely on daniel and o'neil for a great episode then universe is really in trouble.

I disagree about how good this episode was anyway, yes it felt more like a traditional stargate episode, but recently universe has standing on its own feet and developing a new stargate tradition, and I would rather see this pursued as opposed to relying on old (but well loved) faces, and old enemies.

I liked this episode, but i really could do without all the baby stuff.
                              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Has you noticed that no one is complaing about the communication stones? Is this the first episode where everyone likes the comm stones? And that those stones are THE reason a story like Subversion can work? The very same stone that a week ago half the people on these forums wished destroyed?

Just thought I'd point it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X