This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    Sadly, I must give many randoms green before I can green you again.
    It's the thought that counts, Ellie. It's sort-of a mental high-five instead of a mental hug. All the same positiveness!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      It's the thought that counts, Ellie. It's sort-of a mental high-five instead of a mental hug. All the same positiveness!
      This is true, Matty my boy, but I thought you were Mr Negativity atm.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        This is true, Matty my boy, but I thought you were Mr Negativity atm.
        Only to piss off Major Davis! It's fun...
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Only to piss off Major Davis! It's fun...
          You kidder, you.

Comment

Cool episode! I somewhat agree with Telford on the Lucian Alliance(I like those Alliances and Coalitions and Federations). I hate Kiva. Rush was cool. I hope he won't die. Weird ending. Good night, Telford!...(and Rush)
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

WHY IS ELI ALWAYS WITH A BLUE SHIRT IN THE POSTERS???????? !!!!!!!! He never has a blue shirt!!
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

xxxevilgrinxxx writes: “During Subversion, I had the feeling that Young, and possibly Greer, were on the planet that was attacked while Telford was undercover but couldn’t be certain based on the dialogue whether it was a discussion of the events on the Icarus base solely. Were Young and Greer stationed there when it was attacked and is that where a good deal of the anger toward Telford is coming from?”

Answer: We’ve yet to detail the circumstances surrounding the attack although it has been hinted that Young was familiar with the personnel killed while Greer’s pre-Air incarceration suggests recent dealings with Telford. Looking to flesh out these circumstances in future episodes.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nd-up-mailbag/
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                  WHY IS ELI ALWAYS WITH A BLUE SHIRT IN THE POSTERS???????? !!!!!!!! He never has a blue shirt!!
                  pre production just like clothes and the characters names changing
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Awesome ep! Rhona Mitra as Kiva is smoking!

Comment

Great ep! Even if I usually can't stand the torture eps. Still, RC really managed to make it look like Rush was suffering. That Lucian alliance torture device really made me think of Babylon 5 paingivers.

Great to see Jackson and O'Neill again, although this is one of the few eps where having watched SG-1 matters. Mostly it really doesn't from a show enjoyment POV.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good episode was we ramp up to the finale of the 1st season.

It was good to see Jack and Daniel, and some callbacks to SG-1.

One of the things I liked about this episode is how it ended (I noticed watching the episode months ago, during the beginning of our little campaign, and I was bored). The episode just ended, you expect a little more but nope, ends with the fact Telford/Rush might die.

Tomorrow, the first part of this season. I think it might be a very dark episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not bad, this actually makes it look like the season finale will be good; of course... You know. First part of a four-part finale extravaganza (that includes the second season opener) and it definitely lives up to it's name.

This is really tense and energetic; everywhere you look there's something going on, Lucian Alliance, Young in a situaiton of death, SG1 for crying out loud. The scenes with Rush were really the best scenes that the episode has to offer. It was really enjoyable to watch Rush on Earth roam around like Jack Bauer in 24, it was enjoyable to hear every quip he had to offer and most importantly, it was also enjoyable to see him in an abused position. It had both things, incredible acting and incredible character. He really knew how to act like he was tortured, it was as if he knew how to make every pain feel real and respond in an appropriate manner whether or not it's sarcasm or a broken will and character wise; forget the previous episode, this is a real switch from his dominating personality. This is a character who had all the cards, who was previously cunning and deviant reduced to a prisoner in the LA's hands, forced to take all kinds of abuse where nothing he could do or say could rectify it; (in fact, this is one of the few scenes where the LA actually mean something; I dislike them because of their sudden thrust, they had nothing to do with SG1 and their main issues were with trading rather than world domination.) it must be a nightmare to be in a position where every trick you try is thrown back at you, especially if you're rush.

Young's scenes were also good though he had to put up with the insufferable Telford. He really showed a sense of sembelancy as he faced Telford, bringing up the past history, showing to the audience what this person is while questioning why he did this and the friendship they had. For that moment it seems like a truly compassionate person, one who has a history but knows he has to get the information out of him and it's just one of the things that makes him human. If only Telford was as good as him; much of the episode has him being obviously condescending and nefarious, with every evil saying I was reaching for the TV remote to change the channel, moments such as him beating up Young or gasp! getting trapped with a chance to die do break up the monotony but I couldn't get into him with his weak character and his weak dialog (especially his weak explanation about joining the LA.) In fact I didn't care for him when he was locked in the room with the possibility of death though it does bring up one issue... In this episode it's shown that if Telford dies than Rush dies with it but in "Twin Destinies" Telford is able to easily occupy his own body? Maybe it's the compatibility thing but still... This just brings up all kinds of conflicts.

SG-1 makes a decent appearance though something's telling me they're trying to be serious to fit the mood. Watching Danny take pictures doesn't seem right to me even though he may have done it tons of times and the CSI mood detracted from the Earth scenes which involved the LA. (it felt like I was watching a bad crime drama) I don't get why the characters have to change their personalities in order to fit the show, I mean your characters are universal in the SG universe, they have the same history, same personality, same traits so why change them to fit a certain mood of the show? On the plus side, they don't completely fall to the ills of Universe. Richard Dean Anderson is a prime example of this; he manages to showcase some of that snarky irrevelism throughout the episode, making wisecracks and providing observational humor while knowing when to be serious at times. His performance here is Gemini-worthy, the way he gives a sense of sophistication to his words, the way he provides life; watching him walk around the Destiny is somehow more entertaining when he does it and he doesn't look like a guest star when he's doing it, moreso he looks like a character and that table scene, iffy but at least it's SG1.

This episode shows that SGU isn't without some of it's merits.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Its a wonder Carlisle didn't get recommended for an award for this ep as well as Human for his brilliant acting.

Comment

Some nice reminders of SG-1 in this episode, for a few moments I forgot I was watching SGU! We were back on Earth with Daniel following Rush and chasing down the bad guys in a Goa'uld cargo ship before they got away, shades of the 'Trust' moments. Then the cargo ship flying through hyperspace to a planet with a pyramid and the familiar Milky Way Stargate again.

Coupled with Jack's appearance and some fleeting moments of sarcastic O'Neill it made for a nice nod to SG-1. Loved seeing him on Destiny, his reaction to being a 'corporal', and how he just wanders off and Young has to call him back to go the right way. I love those little 'Jackisms'!

All this was nicely slotted into a great story of Rush ending up going under cover to find out where the Lucian Alliance's base was. This was another surprising side of Rush, how far he would go to keep anyone else from finding Destiny's secrets but him. I'd like to think he did it to stop the imminent invasion of Destiny to save lives, but at the same time I can't help thinking it was to keep everyone else's hands off Destiny!

Loved the "he's more far gone than I thought" moment when Telford went off on one with having a go at O'Neill and Young about humanity's arrogance in thinking they did the Milky Way galaxy a great favour with getting rid of the Goa'uld and changing the lives of millions.

Poor Young having the nightmare of dealing with his brain washed friend, having to resort to the one and only drastic means of breaking the brain washing, by killing him and hoping he could revive him. The voices of conscience in the form of Daniel earlier and then Camille were ignored for the ultimate good of all in that they found out where the Lucian Alliance's base was.

A nice start to the build up towards the invasion of Destiny!

Comment

It's a really great scene with Young, Daniel Jackson & O'Neill....3 really great actors working so well together...a very enjoyable moment for me...

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X