Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i like about this series is that its not skating by like SG1. I liked SG1, but you have to admit, it dragged at points. This one is keeping the story fresh. Although more than a decade helped them out. Worst episode of SG1 was "Emancipation".

This episode balanced out a good bit of story elements. Daniel was out of place, just didn't fit. Having T'ealc would have fit far better.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
      What i like about this series is that its not skating by like SG1. I liked SG1, but you have to admit, it dragged at points. This one is keeping the story fresh. Although more than a decade helped them out. Worst episode of SG1 was "Emancipation".

This episode balanced out a good bit of story elements. Daniel was out of place, just didn't fit. Having T'ealc would have fit far better.
      While watching the episode I felt O'Neill and Daniel fitted just great, but by reading some people whinings on this forum I guess Teal'c would have fitted better (O'Neill may have recalled him since there's no chance he would have been a mole). Still Daniel have come a long way from season 1 of SG1, and was much more polyvalent toward the end of SG1.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Well I hate to say it, but I was right. IGN has released their review for "Subversion"! And their score?

Really? Really!?
        Remind me what you were right about?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          Remind me what you were right about?
          I said they'd give it a horrible review, that's all haha.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I said they'd give it a horrible review, that's all haha.
            IGN? Dod they normally do horrible reviews?

Comment

For Stargate, yes. I swear they have a personal vendetta against the franchise.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

For Stargate, yes. I swear they have a personal vendetta against the franchise.
                Many it seems do ... most of them claim to be fans, of course, which is a trifle odd but whatever floats their little sailboats.

Comment

Not really.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Many it seems do ... most of them claim to be fans, of course, which is a trifle odd but whatever floats their little sailboats.

Well I can understand why this episode might not be enjoyed as much as by someone who wants to enjoy the show, for me this episode was important because it opened what is likely to be an ongoing plot, it added a new player in the series and it demonstrated that the earth subplots can have meaningful ramifications for those on Destiny.

This is the type of episode SGU needs more of and when you compare it to Pain where the main plot was something we are never likely to hear about again and had no impact on the ongoing story its very easy to see the difference.

I did enjoy the episode but the main thing I took away from it was that there are interesting and dynamic stories to be told in the future of SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      Well I can understand why this episode might not be enjoyed as much as by someone who wants to enjoy the show, for me this episode was important because it opened what is likely to be an ongoing plot, it added a new player in the series and it demonstrated that the earth subplots can have meaningful ramifications for those on Destiny.
                      I'm not sure that means what you want it to mean.

Comment

I'm not sure that means what you want it to mean.
                        It does but in short a reviewer probably isn't looking at the impact this episode has on the series as a whole and the potential for future episodes.

Well I can understand why this episode might not be enjoyed by a reviewer as much as by someone who wants the show to be a success in the future.

Thats probably a better use of the english language

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Good action-packed episode. Although I would let Kiva spank me any day, killing her lead scientist to pressure Rush was just stupid. Is she on crack or something? What if the Rush/Telford body swap was suddenly interrupted?
                          it made sense at the time, as it proved beyond ANY Doubt that she was serious and that she punishes failure.

So Telford was the spy, huh? I saw that one coming miles away. But if the SGC/Homeworld Defense/whatever suspected Telford was under Lucian Alliance influence, why didn't they use the Za'tarc detector to expose him?
                          I never saw any part where they acknowledged they aready knew he was the spy.

I'm glad the "Icarus planet is one of a kind" myth was finally debunked. IMO, Langara is a naquadria planet too. The problem with Langara is that the planet is heavily populated, thus preventing any Icarus Base adventure there. All the naquadria talk though could bring Jonas Quinn back into the fold if TPTB so wished. I would be OK with that.0
                          Which makes me wonder if they will revisit the planet rush 'inputted into the destiny databanks'..
                          Would make for a frakked up twist if they DO come across one.

Perhaps Major Davis. After all, we know that he works at Homeworld Command and I have no idea why Daniel would be there.
                          Or agent Barrett.

I can think of a few reasons he'd send Daniel. Daniel speaks more intergalactic languages than anyone else and is somewhat familier with Goa'uld technology
                          That is a valid point Pond hopper..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            it made sense at the time, as it proved beyond ANY Doubt that she was serious and that she punishes failure.
                            Kiva killing that scientist didn't make any sense and was way cliche (yes they are the bad guys, we understand), but I like Rush's reaction admitting astonished that he was only stalling.

Comment

Edit: Read the transcript, I was wrong....

He said it made Destiny sound to amazing and glamorous. Did an Ancient leave some instructions for Destiny on another planet and LA found it and turned it into their own Crusade?
                              Last edited by mizzoueng; 25 May 2010, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I can't wait for the next 2 episodes even more now!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X