No announcement yet.

Now that they have had their first encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should explore more if they want to survive. Especially with those aliens. They might even know more than the expedition do, since they were on board when humans came (Their ship leaves at Air pt 3). They probably were able to do a lot of damage because they already had explored some of the ship.

Comment

NO KIDDING! When they started to get boarded I was like "Uh, break out the Guns Maybe" SG-1, and the SGA Crew would have been locked, loaded, and ready to show these Aliens who's boss. Instead Chloe is wondering the halls, and the guy with the gun stands there like a deer in headlights. If the ship I was on got boarded right in front of me like that, and I wasn't armed I would run FAST! What's with these people?

I keep asking myself how these people even became part of the stargate program in the first place. They are missing the one element that has made the stargate program what it is-- Teamwork. And all of this petty bickering is what is holding them back.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that If SG-1 had gated out to that ship instead, they would have found a way back by now, with the ship.
      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
        NO KIDDING! When they started to get boarded I was like "Uh, break out the Guns Maybe" SG-1, and the SGA Crew would have been locked, loaded, and ready to show these Aliens who's boss. Instead Chloe is wondering the halls, and the guy with the gun stands there like a deer in headlights. If the ship I was on got boarded right in front of me like that, and I wasn't armed I would run FAST! What's with these people?

I keep asking myself how these people even became part of the stargate program in the first place. They are missing the one element that has made the stargate program what it is-- Teamwork. And all of this petty bickering is what is holding them back.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that If SG-1 had gated out to that ship instead, they would have found a way back by now, with the ship.
        The overwhelming majority of them aren't part of the Stargate program... that's kinda the point
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
          I'd really like to see less hostility between the people on Destiny too.

The danger and the reality of their situation should be bringing them closer together and now they have discovered a hostile species it seems they are growing further apart.

I don't need 100% realism but it seems a little far-fetched that Rush and Wray can find so much time and motivation to plot against some of the crew, especially given the immediate dangers they face - it just seems untimely.
          It makes for good drama, but like I said- It's what's holding this crew back. Without teamwork, The Stargate Program with the Help of the Tok'Ra, Rebel Jaffa, and the Asgard would never have defeated the Goa'uld, the Replicators, and The Ori. There was tension between the allies, for good reason. But they overcame it and worked together.

And the Atlantis crew also worked through their differences to do great things.

Teamwork is The SGC's most powerful weapon.

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Thier wasn't exactly anything to shoot at and Chloe was abducted off screen so we don't know how said fight happened
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              The overwhelming majority of them aren't part of the Stargate program... that's kinda the point

That is completely incorrect. The Stargate Program as a whole (Governed now by the IOA) is much more than just the military personnel. None of those people would even have been on Icarus Base if they weren't part of the Stargate Program ( Military, Home world Security, Science division, IOA). Rush, and the rest of the scientists there are just as much a part of the Stargate Program as Rodney Mckay, Dr. Zelkinka, Dr. Lee, or Daniel Jackson.

The military people were manning an off world SGC base, and Camielle is a member of the IOA just like Woolsey. The only exception is Chloe who came as part of her father's staff. Even Eli is officially part of the program as he proved his worth to it, and was directly recruited by General O’Neill and Dr. Rush.

Almost everyone there should have a full knowledge of the history of the Stargate Program and should be prepared for weird and unusual things to happen. They've been happening since the stargate was first activated 13 years ago.

As General O'Neill said in season 8 "No one goes through that gate, without proper training." If I recall my Stargate history, you have to prove to the program that you have what it takes before they let you in. Like I said, even Eli did that, and he's been one of the most grounded members of the crew thus far.

This, "These are the wrong people" nonsense is ridiculous. As Sam once said "Every time we go through the Gate there is a risk that we won't come back". If you're not ready to deal with some crazy stuff, and the possibility of being killed, or not coming back, you shouldn't step through the gate.

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Thier wasn't exactly anything to shoot at and Chloe was abducted off screen so we don't know how said fight happened
                As soon as the Aliens cut through the Hull I would have been out of there. She just stood there. And then she turns up kidnaped, so it dosen't take rocket science to figure out that she didn't make a run for it in time.

When Rush and Chloe returned Scott and Greer had their guns ready to go. The joker who was in the hall with Chloie looked away.

As for the Aliens, Rush made pretty quick work of the one on the ship. I don't know. Maybe there was something we didn't see. But I would be intreasted to see if the same thing would have happened if it had been John Sheppard standing in that hall way with Chloie.

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

As soon as the Aliens cut through the Hull I would have been out of there. She just stood there. And then she turns up kidnaped, so it dosen't take rocket science to figure out that she didn't make a run for it in time.
                  That a pretty big assumption. What if the aliens are naturally stronger and just overpowered her and the Marine? What if the alien overpowered her. Thier are many possibilities
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

i also want them to explore the ship more because for all they know there could be important supplies and technology that might even help gain control of the ship and get them back home.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

That a pretty big assumption. What if the aliens are naturally stronger and just overpowered her and the Marine? What if the alien overpowered her. Thier are many possibilities
                      Again, I would have Run BEFORE they came through the hole, she just stood there. I'm not talking about what we didn't see, I'm talking about what we DID see, that was: Chloe just standing there doing nothing as aliens cut through the ship's hull and not runing away from it. The Marine not doing anything either. What I'm being critical of is that no one seem to know what to do when aliens attacked. If you have a gun, be ready to shoot. If you don't, run and hide. Maybe you still loose but at least you tried. They didn't do that.

As for being overpowerd, did you see the part where Rush killed the rather enemic looking Alien with his bare hands?

5 seconds later....

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Again, I would have Run BEFORE they came through the hole, she just stood there. I'm not talking about what we didn't see, I'm talking about what we DID see, that was: Chloe just standing there doing nothing as aliens cut through the ship's hull and not runing away from it. The Marine not doing anything either. What I'm being critical of is that no one seem to know what to do when aliens attacked. If you have a gun, be ready to shoot. If you don't, run and hide. Maybe you still loose but at least you tried. They didn't do that.

As for being overpowerd, did you see the part where Rush killed the rather enemic looking Alien with his bare hands?
                        I'm not argueing against Chloe just standing there. I agree that was stupid for the sake of the plot. What I'm saying it makes no soldier to even attempt to firs his gun until he exactly see the alien. The redshirt had his gun raised before and an alien appeared. Then we cut to the commercial before even seeing such confrontation. So who is to say the redshirt soldier didn't put up a fight?

Apples to oranges for Rush. You don't even know how simliar the two aliens are of if the alien kidnapping alien had a weapon which the one Rush killed did not
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Correction, they would have found a way back by now, but the ship would have exploded. lol

Comment

The ship is going to be explored more, its just happening at a certain pace. By the end of season 1 of SGA everything seemed to be explored already minus the secret areas. I think it is a good idea to explore the ship at a slower pace.

Comment

Did you even see what Rush of all people did to them, he brutally murdered one of the smurfs
                              Tst

Comment

That is completely incorrect. The Stargate Program as a whole (Governed now by the IOA) is much more than just the military personnel. None of those people would even have been on Icarus Base if they weren't part of the Stargate Program ( Military, Home world Security, Science division, IOA). Rush, and the rest of the scientists there are just as much a part of the Stargate Program as Rodney Mckay, Dr. Zelkinka, Dr. Lee, or Daniel Jackson.

The military people were manning an off world SGC base, and Camielle is a member of the IOA just like Woolsey. The only exception is Chloe who came as part of her father's staff. Even Eli is officially part of the program as he proved his worth to it, and was directly recruited by General O’Neill and Dr. Rush.

Almost everyone there should have a full knowledge of the history of the Stargate Program and should be prepared for weird and unusual things to happen. They've been happening since the stargate was first activated 13 years ago.

As General O'Neill said in season 8 "No one goes through that gate, without proper training." If I recall my Stargate history, you have to prove to the program that you have what it takes before they let you in. Like I said, even Eli did that, and he's been one of the most grounded members of the crew thus far.

This, "These are the wrong people" nonsense is ridiculous. As Sam once said "Every time we go through the Gate there is a risk that we won't come back". If you're not ready to deal with some crazy stuff, and the possibility of being killed, or not coming back, you shouldn't step through the gate.
                                Most of the people on the Icarus planet were there for scientific research into the 9th chevron and they took a ship to get there. They're not SG team personnel. There was a team put together under Telford to go through the gate and seeing as we have no idea who else was on that team apart from Rush, we cannot assume that anyone on board Destiny was ever supposed to go through the gate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X