Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wray know? Discussion on Justice/Space (NO SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODES PLEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Pity that the writers choose to go that way.

I totally interpreted the Rush/Wray conversation as her being complicit in the frame job to some extent (and not some after the fact figuring it out after Rush disappeared), and actually thought that added to the story and her character. Oh well. Makes that scene a lot less interesting now....
    Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. At the very least, it would have been more interesting to leave the question unanswered. More than the actual answer, I think it's a pity that something like that was answered/given away in this manner. It's far more interesting to ponder and debate these sorts of things until we are given an opportunity to answer the question for ourselves from events on screen.

Comment

It would be interesting to see if Wray ever has to justify her actions (whatever those actions are) to her partner back on Earth. She seems like a very principled individual who would take a dim view of the type of person Wray is becoming on Destiny.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        It would be interesting to see if Wray ever has to justify her actions (whatever those actions are) to her partner back on Earth. She seems like a very principled individual who would take a dim view of the type of person Wray is becoming on Destiny.

regards,
        G.
        Oooo! That angle hadn't even occurred to me - that's a really good point. But then again, I'm not sure if we've seen enough of Wray off the Destiny to know if she really was a "very principled individual". Not to say it's not possible, or even plausible, but I have my doubts because she seems to be a supreme manipulator.

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
          Oooo! That angle hadn't even occurred to me - that's a really good point. But then again, I'm not sure if we've seen enough of Wray off the Destiny to know if she really was a "very principled individual". Not to say it's not possible, or even plausible, but I have my doubts because she seems to be a supreme manipulator.
          I disagree with that. We haven't seen her manipulate anyone. She's possibly/probably someone who will take advantage of a situation when it favors her, but we haven't actually seen her deliberately manipulate anyone or any situation to her favor.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            I disagree with that. We haven't seen her manipulate anyone. She's possibly/probably someone who will take advantage of a situation when it favors her, but we haven't actually seen her deliberately manipulate anyone or any situation to her favor.
            Ah. True. Fair enough... I should've said "opportunist". We've definitely seen that streak in her! But you're quite right, we haven't actually seen her be manipulative. I was conflating her with Rush, and/or anticipating because of their now-explicit alliance.
            Definitely a fair point, FallenAngelII.

Comment

I think Wray and Young have the same issue right now as in they are blinded by their emotions. Going back through the episodes Wray doesn't think the military should be in charge of the stargate program. They are enforcers to her and that's it. In her mind she now has close to 100% backing from the scientists so she can act.

Rush being a manipulator has played them both so well, he sees a character weakness and exploits it-look at the chair incident. Using people against themselves and making them believe it masterful!
              SGU fangirl

Comment

Working...
              X