This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    This was most likely the best episode of the series. Why? Well it took classic Stargate and mixed it with some of the new. So, it felt like Stargate. The show that I felll in love with. There is a purpose now, with also a threat out there other than themselves. The character moments were great, and really mixed well with the plot at hand. What a revelation seeing Rush in the tank, and Young's reaction. The best was after Rush jumps out after Chloe from the ship and a surprised Greer is standing over him.

Stones, stones, and stones. I finally felt the stones were put to a good use. It drove the entire episode and kept it interesting through out. The new Aliens are very cool. Love their chirping/screaming sound.

Now the last scene has me questioning who is looking for the best of the crew. I think Young nor Rush should not be a leader. Something is brewing, and the crew needs to have an official leader since of all the outside threats. I knew the whole Rush and Young thing would not have just gone away. It was too easy.

Space battle was very good so was the abduction and rescue of Chloe. Nice twist with Rush saving Chloe. I think Stargate has produced better space battles, like BAMSR and Lost City. But it was more what the characters were doing in this grand scheme of things. I love how Eli blasted out "Well you should not have left Rush". The look on Young's face was priceless. These are the payoff moments that we strive for when there is character development going on in the show. Sometimes the slow eps are a must to build to a big payoff like this one.

The show has finally raised the bar for me, and am happy to see the remaining eps. This coming from someone who was beyond upset about SGA being replaced. We all knew SGA was performing and it was a creative decision to move onto SGU. Well eps like this will make me more content about the replacement. It truly was that entertaining.
    Dude u were totally right. It was worth the wait. Still im gonna anxiously await the ratings news. I really think anyone who has tuned in for space will tune in for divided.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I agree that this was the most Stargate episode of SGU yet. It had a good amount of humor (loved the bit between Wray and Young about the socks) and adventure. I was surprised at how quick it felt after how slow a few episodes in the top half of the season were.

Comment

thats my guess
          ....Its what I do!

Comment

Finally brought some action back. And the aliens look good too. Best one yet. Camille knew about Rush framing Young ... OMG!!!!

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Dude u were totally right. It was worth the wait. Still im gonna anxiously await the ratings news. I really think anyone who has tuned in for space will tune in for divided.
              I told ya it was epic. Um not going to be discussing ratings here anymore. That discussion left me with a bad taste in my mouth a few weeks ago. So I am done. But am happy chatting about the characters and plot.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                I agree that this was the most Stargate episode of SGU yet. It had a good amount of humor (loved the bit between Wray and Young about the socks) and adventure. I was surprised at how quick it felt after how slow a few episodes in the top half of the season were.
                lt james and TJ's bit with cain

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I told ya it was epic. Um not going to be discussing ratings here anymore. That discussion left me with a bad taste in my mouth a few weeks ago. So I am done. But am happy chatting about the characters and plot.
                  It was indeed epic! But I think I liked Time more...i'm a bigger fan of Stargate travel than space stuff. But it was definitely great and I can't wait until next week!

Comment

Oh hey man sorry bout that. I didn't know. Dude I loved Greer's smile at the end. It made my day. Lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicholasRush View Post
                      Great episode! I think it was very successful in incorporating the old SG-1 and Atlantis feels into the unique SGU experience and I'm glad to see that. The only quip I have with it is with the communication stones. When Vala and Daniel travel to the Ori Home Galaxy they comment how the stones translate for them. I realize since only one stone is being used to contact the aliens (another question entirely, how'd that happen), but shouldn't they have been able to translate alien to english?
                      could be a couple reasons

1. its because the unit is earth made not the giant spire thing.

or

2. because the alien wasnt keyed into the system using a stone (which i think is more likely)

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Oh hey man sorry bout that. I didn't know. Dude I loved Greer's smile at the end. It made my day. Lol
                        i love how gun ho greer was about using the weapons he has much better aim then ronon
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          What was the name of the music at the end?
                          "Not Another Piano Ballad"

Comment

I wonder who the picture was that Greer was looking at at the end of the ep?

Comment

im pleased its gone down so well im even more excited now because i remember when the first ten episodes aired they seemed very controversial but this one seems very popular.
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                i love how gun ho greer was about using the weapons he has much better aim then ronon
                                At least with a ship's weapons. Still got to give Ronon the advantage on the ground after his head shots on charging Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X