Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC (as shown in the ep where jack and that barber switch), proximity that is close does not require a base to convert consciousnesses.

Comment

I don't think the SG1 stones really apply. They kind of retcon the stones in SGU. Like how you switch consciousness in SGU and not suppress like SG1
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

IIRC its that they work thusly.
        No base, both sides get visions from the other.
        Base on one side, not the other, then they
        A) switch consiousnesses if close, or
        B) Take over the other side if not close.
        Base on both sides, full on convo.

Comment

That is all fan interpretation and has no canon basis
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Alien smurfs, ancient stones, great CGI.

What else can I say. I was blown away

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That is all fan interpretation and has no canon basis
              True.. but with what we hve seen, in SGA/SG1/SGU its a good extrapolation.

Comment

No its not. Given the stones worked differently for SGA/SGu than SG1 stones any example from SG1 for justification does not work as its for a different kind of technology. Its like using hyperspace to explain an FTL concept. Doesn't work because while similiar they are different technologies
                Jelgate is right

Comment

One thing I didn't like about this episode is that the aliens didn't talk English. Everyone knows aliens speak perfect English. Took me right out of episode.

One thing I did like was when Chloe stood under the hole looking up. Pretty smart of her to try to get a good look at the aliens so she could report back what they look like and that they didn't know English. Plus she could admire the hole itself. I've seen a lot of holes in my day and that hole was perfect. I know things turn out badly for her but her heart was in the right place and that hole was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                    One thing I didn't like about this episode is that the aliens didn't talk English. Everyone knows aliens speak perfect English. Took me right out of episode. .
                    That was one of my fave things. Finally we actually get an alien race that does NOT speak english.

Comment

Yeah I wasn't being serious. That is one of the things I like about this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                        One thing I didn't like about this episode is that the aliens didn't talk English. Everyone knows aliens speak perfect English. Took me right out of episode.

One thing I did like was when Chloe stood under the hole looking up. Pretty smart of her to try to get a good look at the aliens so she could report back what they look like and that they didn't know English. Plus she could admire the hole itself. I've seen a lot of holes in my day and that hole was perfect. I know things turn out badly for her but her heart was in the right place and that hole was nice.

Cool post, I love your sense of humor

Comment

The sense of danger in that scene would never have been achieved without that superb understated performance. The hole should have been nominated for an Emmy and deserved to win.

Comment

Good luck getting the Emmies to recognize anything Scifi for acting...

Comment

I liked a dramatic episode with the humans fighting the aliens for once. It reassured me somehow

And the scene between Young and Rush in Young's room, the scene between Rush and Camille planning to seize power. I thought this would happen sooner but glad its all falling apart now...
                              Last edited by CarrieAnn; 13 January 2015, 12:51 AM.
                              ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

One wonders, had the show had a 3rd season, would we have see possibly another coup?

Comment

Working...
                                X