This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU - MGM Stargate: NEW Behind the Scenes Images from 'Space'

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I just thought of another reason Young may have fired on the alien ship when he knew both Rush and Chloe were on board. He used the Destiny firing as a distraction so the aliens would be preoccupied with the Destiny, not Rush. That would give Rush a greater chance and more time to find Chloe, get her out, and then get off the alien ship. It had nothing to do with Young wanting Rush dead or their disagreements.

Comment

I really never gave my opinion on an episode being new to the whole "SGU." Yeah so this is kind of my first eppy watching the night it premiered. It was rather daunting trying to catch from things I'd only seen 40 minutes from the first episode, but I caught on and thought it was pretty neat. I liked the "real first space battle" as Eli put it so nicely.

I did kind of want to slap Chloe, and really if anybody should be left anywhere it's her. She'll be the one that pushes a button and the whole planet will go boom they'll be like, thanks a lot!!!

I just wanted to give my prospective being like I said new in a way. The next episode sounds good, and I can't wait to see how they are going to resolve this mutiny. I swear Young should just be called Jack Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          I just thought of another reason Young may have fired on the alien ship when he knew both Rush and Chloe were on board. He used the Destiny firing as a distraction so the aliens would be preoccupied with the Destiny, not Rush. That would give Rush a greater chance and more time to find Chloe, get her out, and then get off the alien ship. It had nothing to do with Young wanting Rush dead or their disagreements.
          Maybe he wanted to disable the alien ship to they could mount a rescue mission.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            A daring two man rescue team [with NO technical expertise] boards an alien vessel with absolutely no idea as to its internal layout in an attempt to find a lost crew mate... and you expect this to succeed? The alien ship would have to see them coming. Where would they land/dock? Will the hangar doors miraculously be open? We've seen nothing about the shuttle having a cutting mechanism similar to the alien pods. Blasting the hangar doors open would be futile since they don't have space suits aboard... It was a completely nonsensical thing to do and it would only work on were a Hive ship with Rodney riding shotgun to Shep to rescue Teyla.
            Awesome! This bugged me too. We're going to rescue her! Don't know where/how to dock, probably where all the fighters are coming from. Don't know where to go if we get there. Don't know if they even have a breathable atmosphere on board.

Here is something else I thought of...

They are in a galaxy far far away. So far as anyone knows, until this episode, no intelligent life around. The first real aliens found with tech have weapons and what look to be dozens of dog-fighting spaceships that also have weapons. So either the aliens fight amongst their own species, or they aren't the only ones around. Something made them arm their ships and build attack ships? Although, its debatable whether the writers thought of it. I'm sure the weapons/fighters were just there to serve the space battle plot, not for implication.

Comment

OK, Chloe annoyed me once again in this episode. This girl has no military experience, no scientific knowledge and yet when the ship is under attack what does she do? She goes out looking for trouble, and then when it finds her, she jeopardizes the whole crew, cause they have to try and find her somehow. the smartest thing for her is to stay in her room and wait for the all clear. someone needs to have a talk with that girl.
              And Scott's involvement with her causes him to almost jeopardize the one viable ship they have and the best military guy (Greer) in order to get back what he wants.
              And...........................Rush is back
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Granted it was a decent episode, but it will take more than one to gain some positive momentum. Some solid exposure to an alien race, and nice to see Destiny flex its muscles, if only momentarily. Really wanted them to serve an in-joke when Ming Na was in the triage helping out. She could have been working with the medical team, and then one remarks "Wow, you're good at this!" to which she would reply "Oh, I tried the doctor thing once in Chicago. Didn't work out". OK, maybe a little more subtle, but you get the idea.

Originally posted by prion
                FYI

Song used on Stargate Universe #111 (Space) is "Now Comes the Night" by Rob Thomas.
                Well thanks, but I really could have done without the mandatory Grey's Anatomy style closing character montage complete with cheesy music.

Yay, Chloe was kille.. um I mean kidnapped and returned safely to the Destiny. Damn that actress needs to pull back on the make-up!

And Eli... dear dear, what a little boy you are. Running to Daddy Young with the footage of Wray's secret discussion instead of sitting on it and seeing how things will play out. The words naive and weak come to mind, but then that's just Eli I guess.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                  Granted it was a decent episode, but it will take more than one to gain some positive momentum. Some solid exposure to an alien race, and nice to see Destiny flex its muscles, if only momentarily. Really wanted them to serve an in-joke when Ming Na was in the triage helping out. She could have been working with the medical team, and then one remarks "Wow, you're good at this!" to which she would reply "Oh, I tried the doctor thing once in Chicago. Didn't work out". OK, maybe a little more subtle, but you get the idea.

Well thanks, but I really could have done without the mandatory Grey's Anatomy style closing character montage complete with cheesy music.

Yay, Chloe was kille.. um I mean kidnapped and returned safely to the Destiny. Damn that actress needs to pull back on the make-up!

And Eli... dear dear, what a little boy you are. Running to Daddy Young with the footage of Wray's secret discussion instead of sitting on it and seeing how things will play out. The words naive and weak come to mind, but then that's just Eli I guess.
                  That never happened
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That never happened
                    look again at the final minutes of the show, during the song portion ending thing, its there

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
                      look again at the final minutes of the show, during the song portion ending thing, its there
                      All was seen was Eli looking at a KINO. Nothing of who he is looking at
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

vlcsnap-2010-04-06&.jpg

Looksee.
                        sigpic

Comment

He's looking at the scene, we've seen before, where Volker, Brody, and Wray are talking together in the hydroponic garden / room. In that picture you see only Brody and Volker. But it's this scene, without any doubt
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            All was seen was Eli looking at a KINO. Nothing of who he is looking at
                            I'm pretty sure he and Young were looking at the footage of Wray's earlier conversation with Brody, Volker etc.

ETA : took so long to type that Artemis-Neith beat me too it... darned disctractions!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
                              Not sure if this was mentioned because I don't feel like reading a thousand pages to find it but, does it bother anyone that they can drill holes in the Destiny
                              Not really. Heck the wraith do boarding actions, as evidenced by their maneuvering time and time again over a ship. maybe they also drill into a ship.

Not to mention when Rush returned Eli seemed less than thrilled.
                              I think that was more jealousy than anything as she was showing some attention to rush.

I will start with the Destiny. How in h**l is it possible for an alien ship to just get through the shield,and if that was`nt enough,even cut a big hole in? And also,why did`nt Destiny jump into FTL around the time Eli and the other one said that it might overload? Would guess that Destiny needed to find a sun to recharge,and this time to 100% maybe?
                              I never even saw the shields come on. But as to how, maybe their visitations to the shio before hand allowed them a way to tune their shields to match so they can penetrate. BUt the weapons cannot be tuned like that;

They all are on a ship with weapons that meet treats and this has to qualify as a war-situation
                              How is this an at war situation which would warrant the mil being in charge?

>Greer keeping the gun on Rush loooooong after realizing who he was. Smart man!
                              I didn;t see that.

>Young not telling anyone about seeing Rush when he first got back.
                              >Young was willing to risk blowing up Destiny to keep his little secret? I don't think I can say I'm firmly on your side anymore, sir. You've got decidedly Rushian tendencies going on.
                              Those were 2 telling aspects of why young has again slipped down for me on the 'like chart'

>Did the pod's cutting device remind anyone of the Pegasus Asgard's devices?
                              Yup.

> You threw away the alien mind probes, Nicholas?!?! For shame.
                              Now i think about it,. i am surprised he did so as well. He could have kept it, but for what use other than to study i don't know.

The holes in the ship (sealed off with the shield) worry me for now. Isn't the shield having trouble holding the air in as it is?
                              It is. But maybe that is a temp sheild it puts up till someone can weld the piece back in place.

While a long strech of the imagination, i can see the potential there.

Comment

Yeah, Greer kept his gun pointed at Rush for a few seconds even after he realized who he was. Guess he wanted to make sure Rush wasn't going to attack him - under the influence of the aliens or not.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X