Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The episode reminded me a bit of the movie Avatar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    I think SGU came first, but then again I've never seen Avatar so I can't be sure if the scenes are similar or not.
    I was wondering who the only person on the planet was who hasn't seen it. I didn't think you really existed but here you are in flesh and blood (sort of)
    sigpic

Comment

i woudlnt know, i havent seen avatar...dont really want to, it looks gay

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        i woudlnt know, i havent seen avatar...dont really want to, it looks gay
        Surely you are not calling something gay to describe that it is bad. Thats very juvenile and likely offensive to a lot of people.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Surely you are not calling something gay to describe that it is bad. Thats very juvenile and likely offensive to a lot of people.
          its a new world, gay is a synonym for bad. people should get over it
          Last edited by escyos; 10 May 2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

How about you get over yourself, because you have not even seen it and you are saying that something you have not seen stinks when over 99.99 % of the people worldwide say the contrary, that should be a hint that you are most likely wrong about your assessment, that in combination that you have not even seen it to make such a judgment call.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
              How about you get over yourself, because you have not even seen it and you are saying that something you have not seen stinks when over 99.99 % of the people worldwide say the contrary, that should be a hint that you are most likely wrong about your assessment, that in combination that you have not even seen it to make such a judgment call.
              if i did see it, chances are i would think its an ok movie. but its been hyped up so much that i dont want to see it. Ergo its gay : )

Comment

if i did see it, chances are i would think its an ok movie. but its been hyped up so much that i dont want to see it. Ergo its gay : )
                So if there is a movie that just about everybody in the world likes = Gay = You fail at logic.
                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  Honestly this is getting old now.
                  carmencatalina rep'd for you.

Oh and you can add me to the list of "haven't seen Avatar". I don't need to.
                  In England you could be arrested for that...
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

So if there is a movie that just about everybody in the world likes = Gay = You fail at logic.
                    WHAT i said was that a movie that is hyped up so much and everyone bangs on about is most likely going to be a mediocre movie in my eyes....and DONT insult me or i will report you.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    carmencatalina rep'd for you.

Oh and you can add me to the list of "haven't seen Avatar". I don't need to.In England you could be arrested for that...
                    good thing im not in england then

im sure happy 18th century people woul dbe insulted at being called homosexual when called 'gay'

Comment

WHAT i said was that a movie that is hyped up so much and everyone bangs on about is most likely going to be a mediocre movie in my eyes....and DONT insult me or i will report you.

good thing im not in england then

im sure happy 18th century people woul dbe insulted at being called homosexual when called 'gay'
                      You have lost the plot mate. One day you are going to be severely beaten in the real world if you keep up that sort of attitude. Lets just hope you are only being tough behind your computer screen.
                      sigpic

Comment

You have lost the plot mate. One day you are going to be severely beaten in the real world if you keep up that sort of attitude. Lets just hope you are only being tough behind your computer screen.
                        what attitude?
                        it seems these days that if i mention my opinion on a controversial topic, everyone goes off at me....im sorry, i thought people were allowed freedom of speech.

Comment

I was wondering who the only person on the planet was who hasn't seen it. I didn't think you really existed but here you are in flesh and blood (sort of)
                          I've never seen Avatar. There are a lot of us out here...in the real world.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

what attitude?
                            it seems these days that if i mention my opinion on a controversial topic, everyone goes off at me....im sorry, i thought people were allowed freedom of speech.
                            That's rich coming from somebody that for anything thrown his way goes like this:

WHAT i said was that a movie that is hyped up so much and everyone bangs on about is most likely going to be a mediocre movie in my eyes....and DONT insult me or i will report you.'
                            So Freedom of Speech for you means you alone being able to mouth off and insult whomever, whenever you want while everybody else has to shut up or else they will be reported. That's not freedom of speech at all that's fascism just FYI.

Comment

what attitude?
                              What controversial topic have you raised? I don't mind that you don't like the movie Avatar if that is what you mean. I was simply pointing out that there are a lot of words you could have used to show your dislike that wouldn't cause offence to a large number of people. I was also pointing out that if you were to use that language in public, then you would likely get yourself in a bit of trouble.

And no, the freedom of speech thing doesn't cut it in this one. You can't use that card just so you can go open slather on whoever you like. Think of it this way, you may use that term under the anonymity of the internet, but would you use it in a university paper where your real name is attached and in which your peers and potential employers would be able to access? If you answer yes then you are in more trouble than I thought.
                              Last edited by Phenom; 10 May 2010, 06:34 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's rich coming from somebody that for anything thrown his way goes like this:

So Freedom of Speech for you means you alone being able to mouth off and insult whomever, whenever you want while everybody else has to shut up or else they will be reported. That's not freedom of speech at all that's fascism just FYI.
                                its forum rules, freedom of speech does not apply in such a situation

Comment

Working...
                                X