TJ and Young Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
    And when did we get any indication that this is what Young is doing/ will do?
    I really can't see Young as being a deadbeat father and really, where would he go? Not only could he not go if he was inclined, who would LET him? Scott looks up to Young but I can't see Scott sitting idly by while that happened. Greer would likely be more robust in his objections I just can't see Young do that at all; the way the writers have written him, he's just not wired that way.
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      I really can't see Young as being a deadbeat father and really, where would he go? Not only could he not go if he was inclined, who would LET him? Scott looks up to Young but I can't see Scott sitting idly by while that happened. Greer would likely be more robust in his objections I just can't see Young do that at all; the way the writers have written him, he's just not wired that way.
      Agreed 100%

Comment

I didn't like the scene between TJ and Young. I think they are still to cold with each other. What their relationship only a fling or was there more to it? I understand how other people may like the scene. It was short and sweet.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          I didn't like the scene between TJ and Young. I think they are still to cold with each other. What their relationship only a fling or was there more to it? I understand how other people may like the scene. It was short and sweet.
          Makes sense that they would still be somewhat cold to each other. TJ only just told him that she was pregnant so I wouldn't expect that they are all great with each other. I imagine it will take some time for the two of them to get to a place where they are both comfortable and are accepting of her pregnancy and the roles that each other will have in her pregnancy. We can already see Young being protective of her. Which does indicate that he is starting to accept his role in her pregnancy.

It will be interesting to see if she tries to test Young's limits and try to do more things that he wouldn't want her doing.
          Last edited by SG7; 09 May 2010, 06:24 PM.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Here is an interesting thought. We had Wray swap bodies with the parapolegic. I wonder what would happen if TJ swapped bodies with someone and she went into labor during swapping? That would make for an interesting swap!
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
              Here is an interesting thought. We had Wray swap bodies with the parapolegic. I wonder what would happen if TJ swapped bodies with someone and she went into labor during swapping? That would make for an interesting swap!
              Not for the person in TJ's body.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                Not for the person in TJ's body.
                Agreed! They would suffer the pain while TJ wouldn't have to! Though I imagine that it wouldn't take long before the one in TJ's body would want to rush back to the stones to swap back!

However I somehow get the impression that Young wouldn't allow TJ to do a swap anymore until the baby is born anyway.

Comment

Agreed! They would suffer the pain while TJ wouldn't have to! Though I imagine that it wouldn't take long for the one in TJ's body to rush back to the stones to swap back!
                  It must feel weird to swap bodies with someone, but even more so with someone pregnant.

Can I just say how much I loved the scene between TJ and Young, where she asked permission to off-world? Young seemed to ponder a lot in "Sabotage", so maybe his ep is coming up soon. That'd be great if it means more stuff between TJ and Young.
                  sigpic

Comment

It must feel weird to swap bodies with someone, but even more so with someone pregnant.

Can I just say how much I loved the scene between TJ and Young, where she asked permission to off-world? Young seemed to ponder a lot in "Sabotage", so maybe his ep is coming up soon. That'd be great if it means more stuff between TJ and Young.
                    I hope so too as I am absolutely loving AH since the second half of SGU started up! So I'm hoping we see more of her and Young too! In fact mostly why I get excited about any episodes these days IS because of Alaina Huffman and TJ!

Comment

I see TJ now as being empowered and they both know it. She the ships medic-he needs her, she's pregnant with his child and he has no control over that-military and/or otherwise. He will sit in the chair to keep her and the baby safe.

Realistically, they may never get home and this may either ones only chance at having offspring. There is a lot at stake and they have to take each day as it comes. I'm interested to see what happens now.
                      SGU fangirl

Comment

I hope so too as I am absolutely loving AH since the second half of SGU started up! So I'm hoping we see more of her and Young too! In fact mostly why I get excited about any episodes these days IS because of Alaina Huffman and TJ!
                        D i t t o .

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
                        I see TJ now as being empowered and they both know it. She the ships medic-he needs her, she's pregnant with his child and he has no control over that-military and/or otherwise. He will sit in the chair to keep her and the baby safe.
                        That's the connection I made with his willingness to sit in the chair in "Sabotage".
                        sigpic

Comment

D i t t o .

That's the connection I made with his willingness to sit in the chair in "Sabotage".
                          AMEN to that! Ever since her performance in "Faith" I have had the utmost respect for AH as an actress. And can't wait to see the next episode as soon as I've watched one, just so I can see more of her. I actually told Alaina that on twitter last week and she actually messaged back to thank me for it. And THAT left me over the moon!

Yeh I too think she now realizes that she has a bit of "power" over Young in that she is carrying his child and the fact that she is the ships only medical person. It might be a good idea for her to teach a few things to someone else on board just in case anything happens. As we saw in this past episode, anything can happen, and if something were to happen to her, then they would be screwed until someone used the stones to get another doctor on board. Imagine if she were to have complications with her pregnancy and had to be bed ridden or something and she couldn't perform her duties. That would not be good for those on board Destiny.

Comment

Imagine if she were to have complications with her pregnancy and had to be bed ridden or something and she couldn't perform her duties. That would not be good for those on board Destiny.
                            No-no, I will not think dark thoughts about something happening to TJ. A lot of fans are doing that for me, and I just hope she'll be alright.
                            sigpic

Comment

she's got quite a few people helping her out as the infirmary scene in "Sabotage" shows....I'm hoping for the best too, this show has made me really care for TJ/Young (and others) so it's going to hurt
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
                                He will sit in the chair to keep her and the baby safe.
                                D i t t o .

Not me. I took his willingness to sit in the chair as an indication of his unwillingness to be the one ordering another person potentially to his/her death. As was stated in Water, and referenced by O'Neill himself, Young was an outstanding SG team leader before the pressure of always being the one to send other people to their deaths got to him. "I don't think I have it in me, sir," he'd said to the General.

He's also always being the one on the front lines, putting his life at stake before willing to risk anyone else's. He was willing to test the wormhole in Air, out collecting water in Water, lead the strike team in Time... Hammond understood that being the guy on top means having to make the choices about (maybe) spending other peoples' lives, and Young reached that and decided he didn't care for it.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X