Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on resolving the last ep's cliff hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to add that Greer never have been so happy to see Scott in his life... apparently. That is after Scott and the rest left him for dead on the planet!?! Ok, Greer may not be angry with them, but you still a little shaken by it a bit. I didn't even notice before their arrival that Scott and Greer were *such* good friend until the guy left him for dead under the rumble!!!
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Nahhhh, that was too easy. Something is brewing/amiss. Look back to Rush and Chloe's 'escape' from the Blues. Plus the Blues were at the planet that Eli, Scott and Chloe were stranded on when they dialed back from Destiny.

Although Greer and Scott’s re-acquaintance was not what I expected it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
        This episode felt written by an amateur. They could have had a parallel story running but no...they wanted it to end early. My gawd It was very predicable.
        did you predict Franklin disappearing? I know I didn't see that comin
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

It was a pretty cheap way of resolving an otherwise great story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            I forgot to add that Greer never have been so happy to see Scott in his life... apparently. That is after Scott and the rest left him for dead on the planet!?! Ok, Greer may not be angry with them, but you still a little shaken by it a bit. I didn't even notice before their arrival that Scott and Greer were *such* good friend until the guy left him for dead under the rumble!!!
            I have to respectfully disagree, Commander Zelix. I've always felt that Greer and Scott had a strong, brother-to-brother relationship (most notably in Air II & III, Space). When Scott makes the decision to leave him behind, the look of absolute anguish on his face shows that he hates the choice he's making. Chloe (of all people) actually hits the nail on the head--"Are you just saying that because you think you need to get us out of here?". If Scott had only been concerned with his person, I think he would have stayed. But he needed to get Chloe and Eli to safety, so his choice makes sense to me.

If Scott & company had gotten back before Destiny jumped into FTL, Greer's reaction probably would have been more stiff. As it was, however, Greer made it--but his best friend didn't. For all intents and purposes, the trio was 'dead' to those remaining on [I]Destiny.[I] As we've seen from Time, Greer takes his job very seriously, and he probably felt that he'd let them down. I'd say he would have switched himself with the others in a heartbeat, if given the choice.

So. Greer's lost some good friends, he's beating himself up about it, he thinks they're about to be boarded by a unknown potential threat, and out steps... his friends. Were I in Greer's position, I'd do exactly the same thing he did. I'd also blame the shallowness on time cuts... and possibly writer's bias. Anyway...

To the initial question, yeah. The return felt ridiculously abrupt, timing was off, and it was just... weird. To me, Universe has been annoyingly tedious in stretching out storylines as far as possible, so this was extremely out of place. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love for them to find out that the aliens did something to Scott & co... after all, when the Kino was sent back it was promptly met with laser fire from certain creatures... If not this or some other odd happening, it would have been wiser to end the plotline with Lost. All IMHO, naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Froma logical POV it made sense. But from a story POV it was quite mundane and predictible.
              Summed it up perfectly.

I was disappointed as I was hoping for something more. Sure, they got back the next episode... but even just showing them being surprised when Destiny appears on the remote would have been better than hearing it from them IMO. Better payoff to actually see the shock on their faces when they realise they've been given another chance.

I'm still watching SGU and I never once considered doing otherwise so this isn't a deal breaker for me... but I do hope that we don't have this happening too often. I want to be entertained, and seeing it in action = more entertaining than people talking to one another about how they were able to return.
              Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Its an absolute joke. A farce. Really bad writing...

Unless,

its not what we think!!!

I remain hopeful, maybe that chloe et all are not actually who we think they are. After all we know at this point know nothing about the blue aliens or other races who might show up. It could be that the blue aliens have somehow impersonated the three of them,

Perhaps the sabotage of the ship and attempted boarding were just a diversion, meant to get 3 intruders of the ship under the guise of the 3 characters.

This would allow for instance the 3 actors to remain on the show without the expense of building /constructing lots of sets for all the planets they might go to, and sometime in the future, maybe in season 2, we flash to the 3 of them on a planet somewhere, and we realise that the 3 on the ship are not who we thought they were?

Much like bashir in ds9?
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

mparsons1981, you might actually be on to something. I originally thought of this when I was watching the show, then dismissed the idea.

However, when they were thinking about returning to the planet, Eli was protesting about the necessity of "military procedure" to send the Kino through first. It seemed a perfectly natural reaction to me, but maybe they aren't who they seem and Eli had hoped they would travel blind, and give the blue aliens a couple of extra prisoners.
                  Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Come on people, this is not the end of this story arc... In my opinion Scott, Chloe and Eli were acting a bit off when they returned.

Comment

As with many of those who posted before, I felt let down by the "Lost" story closure. There truly was some fantastic emotional build-up in that last episode, and to just blow all that off was such a waste. Let's hope that some of the confusion, resentment, anger and even self-confidence issues Greer must feel will come out in future eps.

On the other hand, the Rush/Perry story was handled very well, but it still feels as if the Greer/Chloe/Scott/Eli arc was just dumped to make way for the new emotional rollercoaster.

Also, we learned one interesting tidbit about these older SGU stargates. When Eli is talking about the trio's time on the planet, he mentions that "on the second night the remote just lit up". So, from that we can gather that these gates have a range longer than the distance Destiny can cover in roughly 36 hours at FTL speeds. Granted, there's no way to make a precise estimate, given that we don't know the length of a day on that planet or what time of day it was when Destiny jumped. But, it was light when they got stranded so it had to have been more than one planetary rotation. We also saw evidence on the ship that at least one "night" had past, so I'm calling it 36 hours. Even if you don't agree, you have to admit that the gate range is a heck of a lot longer than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                        Its an absolute joke. A farce. Really bad writing...

Unless,

its not what we think!!!

I remain hopeful, maybe that chloe et all are not actually who we think they are. After all we know at this point know nothing about the blue aliens or other races who might show up. It could be that the blue aliens have somehow impersonated the three of them,

Perhaps the sabotage of the ship and attempted boarding were just a diversion, meant to get 3 intruders of the ship under the guise of the 3 characters.

This would allow for instance the 3 actors to remain on the show without the expense of building /constructing lots of sets for all the planets they might go to, and sometime in the future, maybe in season 2, we flash to the 3 of them on a planet somewhere, and we realise that the 3 on the ship are not who we thought they were?

Much like bashir in ds9?
                        So even the imposter Scott gets to sleep (as we saw during the music montage) with the imposter Chloe. Man, some guys get all the luck. Meanwhile Eli’s clone/imitator still can’t get laid.

You know even if this turns out to be the case it still doesn’t justify the sloppy execution of the reunion IMO.

Comment

Oh my god, I just had a terrible idea.

WHAT IF.

Chloe, Scott and Eli, are the blue aliens in disguise, or temporary taken control over their minds?, Or are clones?

on the trailer we see 3 aliens come through the gate, what if they are the trio?

I love being crazy. Mohahaha.
                          When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

thats enough people, dont get us all paranoid. they are the real Eli, Scott, Chloe, you cant say they arent like that for no reason. or else we couldve just contemplated that Rush and Chloe from Space werent real either. and then when the season ends, we wont know whoes real or not. these aliens havent showed interest in cloning, what they wanted was the location of the ship and they seem pretty confident enough to think they will destroy it with their ships or else why would they keep attacking? if indeed they sent chloe, eli and Scott then why would they reveal themselves on that planet and why would they attack? kind of a waste of alien tax dollars dont you think?
                            sigpic

Comment

Whoa hang on this is actually starting to make sense.

As stated by someone above, the gate seemed to dial a longer range than we thought was possible, if we assume 36 hours in FTL or thereabouts. That would imply more energy being fed into the gate - Maybe the blues hooked up a power supply. That in turn would imply the blues wanted those three to return. Whether they were brainwashed, blues in suits, or they have no idea what's happening and the aliens stealthily connected a power core to the gate when they weren't looking, I don't know.

They probably assumed the humans wouldn't be able to fix the FTL drive, and would just come through the gate without sending a Kino first. That way, they could easily take out everyone coming through and take the ship as their own. They just didn't anticipate how cautious Young would be about going to the planet, or that they would bring in outside help to fix the drive.

Just a theory stringing a few things from the thread together.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenological View Post
                                Whoa hang on this is actually starting to make sense.

As stated by someone above, the gate seemed to dial a longer range than we thought was possible, if we assume 36 hours in FTL or thereabouts. That would imply more energy being fed into the gate - Maybe the blues hooked up a power supply. That in turn would imply the blues wanted those three to return. Whether they were brainwashed, blues in suits, or they have no idea what's happening and the aliens stealthily connected a power core to the gate when they weren't looking, I don't know.

They probably assumed the humans wouldn't be able to fix the FTL drive, and would just come through the gate without sending a Kino first. That way, they could easily take out everyone coming through and take the ship as their own. They just didn't anticipate how cautious Young would be about going to the planet, or that they would bring in outside help to fix the drive.

Just a theory stringing a few things from the thread together.

youre forgetting that Rush predicted their return. the guy knows stuff better than any of us, dont you think he wouldve suspected what you are contemplateing if it were true?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X