Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on resolving the last ep's cliff hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one other thing, how did the aliens find the trio in the first place? does Chloe have a tracking device in her as well? or which is more likely, Eli activiated the automatic tracking system of the wrecked alien ship when he browsed through that thing.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
      So how did you all feel about the way they resolved the stuff from lost?

Personally I felt a bit let down, that whole arc was really great and they just seemed to resolve the stranded team issue a little too easily. It was a great episode on it's own but considering the way they resolved Lost it felt a little too easy.

it was fairly anti climactic, but it's not like they were ever gonna be truly left behind, and who knows maybe one day they'll do flashbacks to what happened with the 3 of them stranded on the planet. Although from what Eli says in the episode it wouldn't probably be to adult!!

Comment

Originally posted by ProclarushTaonasAt View Post
        Nahhhh, that was too easy. Something is brewing/amiss. Look back to Rush and Chloe's 'escape' from the Blues. Plus the Blues were at the planet that Eli, Scott and Chloe were stranded on when they dialed back from Destiny.

Although Greer and Scott’s re-acquaintance was not what I expected it to be.
        I would like to think you're onto something, because that would be pretty interesting, if not original, ( like someone else has stated, Dr Bashir in DS9 anyone?). But it's just as likely that it was a quick resolution to Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          youre forgetting that Rush predicted their return. the guy knows stuff better than any of us, dont you think he wouldve suspected what you are contemplateing if it were true?
          Maybe he does suspect it and hasn't said yet, we've seen that before. Or maybe he was too wrapped up with other things. He isn't infallible.

Comment

he could be hiding the fact, but since he got kidnapped by them and most certainly hates them, he wouldve warned Young about the possiblity. so they can test to see if its really them.
            sigpic

Comment

one other thing, how did the aliens find the trio in the first place? does Chloe have a tracking device in her as well? or which is more likely, Eli activiated the automatic tracking system of the wrecked alien ship when he browsed through that thing.
              Well, they did not need to as we saw from chloe's touching of that screen/reading of it, they already predicted where the destiny would leave the galaxy, so maybe they already knew of that planet...

Comment

youre forgetting that Rush predicted their return. the guy knows stuff better than any of us, dont you think he wouldve suspected what you are contemplateing if it were true?
                Well originally Rush wanted a security team at the gate when there was an unexpected incoming wormhole. After the gate connected the Kino-pad could have sent a code alerting Destiny that it was a person holding a Kino-pad. Similarly to our own GDOs. After Rush realized it was them he called the security team to back down. Otherwise why would he call for a security team in the first place?

Also, there was an interesting point made about the gates dialing farther than they should have and it could be due to the Blues feeding energy to the gate. Very interesting. The blues's are very cunning/sneeky.

Comment

The problem is the standard procedure being ignored by the military guy. Scott should ask a permission first before boarding the Destiny using walkie-talkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                    The problem is the standard procedure being ignored by the military guy. Scott should ask a permission first before boarding the Destiny using walkie-talkie.
                    Yes, I have found that a lot of the protocols that were in place at the SGC and Atlantis are being ignored. Makes for more stories though.

Comment

I just assumed Scott radioed in after Rush called for the security team. I don't remember there being any evidence of the kino controller sending an idc (for lack of a better term), and I don't see that as necessary since you can only dial these gates with the kino controller from off ship.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        I just assumed Scott radioed in after Rush called for the security team. I don't remember there being any evidence of the kino controller sending an idc (for lack of a better term), and I don't see that as necessary since you can only dial these gates with the kino controller from off ship.
                        Or that. That would be the most parsimonious answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                          I have to respectfully disagree, Commander Zelix. I've always felt that Greer and Scott had a strong, brother-to-brother relationship (most notably in Air II & III, Space). When Scott makes the decision to leave him behind, the look of absolute anguish on his face shows that he hates the choice he's making. Chloe (of all people) actually hits the nail on the head--"Are you just saying that because you think you need to get us out of here?". If Scott had only been concerned with his person, I think he would have stayed. But he needed to get Chloe and Eli to safety, so his choice makes sense to me.

If Scott & company had gotten back before Destiny jumped into FTL, Greer's reaction probably would have been more stiff. As it was, however, Greer made it--but his best friend didn't. For all intents and purposes, the trio was 'dead' to those remaining on [I]Destiny.[I] As we've seen from Time, Greer takes his job very seriously, and he probably felt that he'd let them down. I'd say he would have switched himself with the others in a heartbeat, if given the choice.

So. Greer's lost some good friends, he's beating himself up about it, he thinks they're about to be boarded by a unknown potential threat, and out steps... his friends. Were I in Greer's position, I'd do exactly the same thing he did. I'd also blame the shallowness on time cuts... and possibly writer's bias. Anyway...

To the initial question, yeah. The return felt ridiculously abrupt, timing was off, and it was just... weird. To me, Universe has been annoyingly tedious in stretching out storylines as far as possible, so this was extremely out of place. Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love for them to find out that the aliens did something to Scott & co... after all, when the Kino was sent back it was promptly met with laser fire from certain creatures... If not this or some other odd happening, it would have been wiser to end the plotline with Lost. All IMHO, naturally.
                          i agree with you on Scott and Greer's relationship. In fact I found their friendship is probably one of the more refreshing aspects of the show. Anyway, in retrospect I suppose while I didn't think the incredibly anticlimactic return of the 3 of them was a big deal per say, it did seem pretty silly that the whole cliffhanger was rendered so pointless so quickly. So far anyway, there appears to have been zero consequences from Eli failing to dial the ship on the planet at the end of the previous episode rather than slightly later. With Rush for example, even though he made it back to the Destiny 1 episode after Young left him alone on the planet, it made a lot of difference that he was left on the planet rather than making it back to te Destiny with Young. In this case, apparently it made no difference that he failed to do it the first time, so why did they even do that in the first place?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                          X