So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
    Someone was on the ship before the current group of preschoolers. The air scrubber points to that conclusion.

The only way I can think that the CO2 scrubber would have been in that condition, is if someone was there actively generating CO2. As we saw, Destiny started up the life support systems when it detected an incoming wormhole. So the substance would have been sitting there for 100,000+ years inactive, and unless the components have a preset shelf life (doesn't sound like the ancients), then the compound should have been good.
    Ya I was wondering about that too, Im thinking at somepoint we might see a before I sleep type senario like that in atlantis s1 which would explain it pretty well, then again any bacteria that were aboard the ship could use oxygen and produce C02, which over millions of years could have accounted for the damage to the air filters, then again its very possible that the substance did have a shelf life, I dunno about you but I can't name too many things that last for millions of years in perfect shape, regardless of if they're being used or not.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      Wasn't it indicated that they made it themselves but had lost that knowledge over time?

From Stargate Wiki:

The last ancients (in Atlantis) ascended 10,000 years before SG-1.
      Their ancestors is the key phrase there, not the ancients but their own people. The ancients didn't build the sentinel the people on the planet did, they built all this great technology and they got to the point where everyone was able to live their lives without having to create or build, they just relied on the old tech and were oblivious as to how to make it. Nothing at all to do with the alterans.

Comment

Get that batman fella to solve the case. he is known as the world's greatest detective. He probably already knows about the sgc.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
          Their ancestors is the key phrase there, not the ancients but their own people. The ancients didn't build the sentinel the people on the planet did, they built all this great technology and they got to the point where everyone was able to live their lives without having to create or build, they just relied on the old tech and were oblivious as to how to make it. Nothing at all to do with the alterans.
          Perhaps their ancestors backwards engineered Ancient technology they came across, much like the people of Earth are doing in the present. Could be that their technology 5 thousand years before was based on Ancient technology from before even Atlantis, who knows!

The Asgard were busy for many thousands of years trying to work out what they found in the Ancient repositories, perhaps the ancestors of the Sentinel planet's inhabitants did the same.

I just found it interesting that Franklin disappeared just as a whole array of weapons we haven't seen deployed on Destiny before came to life to make short work of those enemy ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            I just found it interesting that Franklin disappeared just as a whole array of weapons we haven't seen deployed on Destiny before came to life to make short work of those enemy ships.
            Did you mean the ones that were destroyed right at the end ? Those were vaporised when Destiny jumped into FTL, i.e. what would would have happened to the shuttle in Divided if Rush and Eli hadn't got Destiny's shield to envelop it.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

No leftover clothing equals no ascention! Anyone spot Franklin's dirty underwear?

Comment

Franklins mind was transfered into the robot? Robo-Frankie???

Comment

What if someone were to sit in the chair again and another one in a space suit to stay in room. Than you could find out. The temprature was dropping but the suits should be able to withstand it.
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
                    What if someone were to sit in the chair again and another one in a space suit to stay in room. Than you could find out. The temprature was dropping but the suits should be able to withstand it.
                    good thought, I guess rush would be the guy in the suit.
                    sigpic

Comment

It probably wouldn't happen to anyone else. Franklin had a special relationship with the chair.....
                      sigpic
                      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

i doubt he ascended, when destiny was launched the ancients were no where near ascension.

Comment

Destiny ate Franklin.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Destiny ate Franklin.
                            destiny was lookin a little fat towards the end

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Destiny ate Franklin.
                              this
                              sigpic

Comment

Franklin's mind got downloaded/intergrated into Destiny's computer. His physical body was transported and stored somewhere else on the ship, so they could be re-integrated later. Hopefully, wherever that location is, it's still intact and operational.

I bet we see Destiny start to behave somewhat differently going forward. I bet we also find out that Franklin's isn't the only mind/consciousness that's currently residing in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X