No announcement yet.

So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to do with I think, unlocking Destiny.

Comment

Comment

I think he's been taken over permanently by a Smurf. It took the Smurf months to figure out how to use his new body. He briefly took over Riley's mind to get away. And is now hiding somewhere on the ship and will take it over from a control console.

Comment

For you all, Id say, the floor har something to say on pic 2, its the one second scene before it all goes bright by the lamps above, so its very easy to miss.

http://picupload.org/i/ed08e68565d3.PNG

http://picupload.org/i/e100fd3e0407.PNG

The pics turned out to be kinda big, heh.
          Last edited by Morganrone93; 09 May 2010, 12:23 AM.
          When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

The Destiny was created before the Ancients discovered ascension, so I doubt the chair could cause someone to ascend.

I think its more likely to do with the chromosome thing that was talked about in the previous episode. When it happened my initial thought was that Franklin sacrificed his energy and that somehow powered the ship.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              yet ascension was mentioned several times. even mandy spoke of ascension.
              "we had those long talks. talked about the mathematical proof, the ancients, ascension"
              in Time we had talks of ascension.
              mentioning asension and actually ascending someone are two totally different levels of inclusion though

Comment

The great BAG saved him and the ship.

Comment

Jesus, all of you have been thinking of the same thing, 5 pages and only 2 conclusions, while I am having the only logical explanation! *hint*
                  When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

The name of the ship is Destiny. Hasn't it been refered to as the Ancient's Destiny. Maybe that's some forshadowing. Are we 100% positive the Ancients definitely never visited the Destiny? Isn't it possible the Ancients did in fact visit the Destiny and the Destiny taught the Ancients how to ascend? I'm just thinking outloud here. So lets say some of the ancients were physically ready but did not have the wisdom of how to ascend........or atleast something along those lines....you get the idea. Is it possible that the along the Destiny's travels it has aquired such huge amounts of information that somewhere in there is the key to ascension?

Maybe the Ancients were finally ready to visit Destiny, got there, sat in the chair, and were like "holy cr*p"!

This could be the same thing Franklin found out and poofed out into thin air

Comment

Is it possible the ship use Franklin' body as a human interface?

I begin to think, the ship use the com-stone experimenting to control James to disable the less efficient FTL drive. If the Blue alien want to sabotage the ship, I think it will be most of FTL drives will be disabled. Franklin on the other hand, has previously interfaced with the chair. So, using the below zero temperature action is seem to put his body for suspended animation and probably in attempt to re-wire his brain to be able having direct link to the ship control.

Once it done, Franklin may exit the room using another secret door used to be a maintenance tube or some sort. Otherwise, his body may be moved into a stasis compartment underneath the chair or somewhere in the room wall. Then, the ship control panel will started appear in English.

I doubt there will be a bizarre thing happened to Franklin such as ascend, teleport or dematerialize on Destiny. Just need a little bit a detective works to find out what happened to him.

Comment

the opening above the chair is larger than the chair itself, large enough for a set of rings to come down and grab him, it could very well transport him to a stasis or hold his signature in its buffer

not integrated into the ship or sent some place else, just locked up safe and sound

like others have said the cool down was so his brain wouldn't over heat and could handle the information, has nothing to do with why he is gone

Comment

We definitely haven't seen the last of him. I have a good feeling about that.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Someone was on the ship before the current group of preschoolers. The air scrubber points to that conclusion.

The only way I can think that the CO2 scrubber would have been in that condition, is if someone was there actively generating CO2. As we saw, Destiny started up the life support systems when it detected an incoming wormhole. So the substance would have been sitting there for 100,000+ years inactive, and unless the components have a preset shelf life (doesn't sound like the ancients), then the compound should have been good.

I find all the possibilities mentioned here reasonable. Ascension seems the most far fetched, but not impossible. The process of ascension involves increasing ones vibrational levels in order to achieve a state of pure energy. Turning the room cold would seem to me, the wrong direction to go. Ascensions that we have seen on screen (Adria and Sanctuary Devotees) took place at normal temperatures.

If he was absorbed by the ship, I'm betting there is more than just Franklin in Destiny.

Just my 2 cents.

Klaxxon

Comment

I think Franklin knew what to do, but to be able to grasp onto the solution long enough he had to freeze himself. He has a copy of all the data of the Destiny and possibly 100 galaxies in his mind, to be able to hold onto that single data sequence he needs to bypass the FTL module, he needed to freeze his brain so the only brainwaves picked up by the chair are a temporary access code and the command for the bypass.

Unfortunately this means he has to cyrogenically (sp?) freeze his body. When this happens, the flesh at his temples becomes brittle and rigid. To maintain contact with Franklin the chair presses in more to get a better "contact surface". In that instance the command is sent. This causes a slight energy pulse which fractures his body and the chair does more damage. The jump into FTL is the trifecta that shatters what is left.

The chair sequence, which now does not recognize a user, raises the temperature and what is left of Franklin reduces to vapor which is collected by the chair mechanism for recycling for use on the next user.

Comment

He is in the mess hall drinking Volker's homebrew.

Comment

Working...
                                X