Life vs. Sabotage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
    I loved how Camille was getting HER body used by a woman wanting to have sex with a man. That was classic revenge for how she used that girls body in life to have lesbian sex.
    That never happened
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

All we saw was some kissing, but its tv. They don't show the actual sex. It's still ironic and a bold move on the writers part. I'm betting lesbian viewers of this show got a bit offended seeing Wrays body used that way just like straight viewers got offended during life.

Just interesting is all I'm saying.

Comment

You don't understand though. A lesbian getting her body used by a woman having sex with a man is just so ironic. It was a bold move because alot of people complained when LOST aired and Wray used that girls body to have sex with her girlfriend. I just applaud the writers for doing that.
        I don't recall any sex scene between Wray and her girlfriend in that episode.

Comment

All we saw was some kissing, but its tv. They don't show the actual sex. It's still ironic and a bold move on the writers part. I'm betting lesbian viewers of this show got a bit offended seeing Wrays body used that way just like straight viewers got offended during life.
          Straight viewer here, didn't get offended. Stop generalising.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Just interesting is all I'm saying.
            They have shown sex scenes before. If they wanted to have Wray and Sharon do sex they would have shown something less vague then. Especially given how weird Wray said she was in this other body. Thier is nothing to indicate a lesiben sex scene
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Whos generalising? Did you read the forums here after Life aired? There was alot of talk about it. Even friends who saw the episode in my area commented on it. No one knew that girls sexual orientation in life so it was controversial. What if she had been against something like that happening?

As to the girl signing a contract to let Wray use her body anyway she wants, well I bet Wray never signed any contract to keep her body from being used to have sex with a man. Thats irony!! I don't know any lesbians who wouldn't be greatly offended by having their body used to have sex with a man.

Anyway this is all just discussion. Its just interesting turn of events.

Edit: I haven't seen Life in a while, but wasn't there a shower scene with Wray and her girlfriend? And a bunch of kissing in there? Your all just assuming they didn't do anything after all? They were all over eachother.

Comment

Edit: I haven't seen Life in a while, but wasn't there a shower scene with Wray and her girlfriend? And a bunch of kissing in there? Your all just assuming they didn't do anything after all? They were all over eachother.
                Wray had a shower, got dressed and they snuggled in bed, fully clothed. Followed by dinner.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Whos generalising? Did you read the forums here after Life aired? There was alot of talk about it. Even friends who saw the episode in my area commented on it. No one knew that girls sexual orientation in life so it was controversial. What if she had been against something like that happening?
                  You're generalising. Yes, some of narrow mind were offended, I believe, but I found that the majority were offended by the narrow minded rather than anything else. Plus, there wasn't a sex scene in Life.

As to the girl signing a contract to let Wray use her body anyway she wants, well I bet Wray never signed any contract to keep her body from being used to have sex with a man. Thats irony!! I don't know any lesbians who wouldn't be greatly offended by having their body used to have sex with a man.
                  My understanding from the spoilers was that this didn't happen so I'm wondering if you have actually watched an episode of SGU at all.

Anyway this is all just discussion. Its just interesting turn of events.
                  Is it? I find the whole show interesting myself and have done from the beginning. I can understand how a minority may be interested in one of the characters being a lesbian. I suppose. A bit.

I don't think you were watching SGU then. Probably some other show.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    Rush and Perry were by far the highlight of this episode hands down. Camille/Sharon got little screen time and no development. We get it that they are madly in love and care for each other. We knew that and didn't need a reminder of that. That time could have been used for the battle at the end.
                    I was hoping that Ms Perry was either an old flame or a poss new love interest. BUT i can now see why rush is the way he is. he is too devoted to his work, like he was to his wife..

Yeah, he should have just let her drop to the floor. Wray is such a cow sometimes.
                    I can actually forgive her for that, as she had no way to know what went on to make them be in that position.

I loved how Camille was getting HER body used by a woman wanting to have sex with a man. That was classic revenge for how she used that girls body in life to have lesbian sex.
                    It was kind of poetic justice... had rush actually given in and done the dirty with perry. BUT alas it was not to be.

and they sign contracts to the effect of their bodies are able to be used for marital visits...
                    We still don't know that. And again they missed out on a great opportunity to show what the people all agree too with the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                      Again with life? Dear me, that episode was beyond bad. That and faith were so bad I felt like giving up on stargate. If you people love life so much don't call yourself sci-fi fans, because, in reality that's like an episode from days of our lives.
                      I disagree. Faith was one of my favourite SGU episodes and while I wasn't a big fan of life, it hasn't been the worst episode yet, as there were many good aspects of the episode.

A lot of people treat Life as if it was the worst thing since Public Roman latrines, thats not the case.

Additional flaw in your argument: You say we can't be sci fans and like those two episodes cause they are soapish. Even if they were from days of our lives why can't I sci fi fan watch and enjoy drama/soaps?

Life had good aspects that made up for the bad parts. Sabotage was one notch away from officially sucking butt by the montage saved it from that.
                      sigpic

Comment

I prefer Sabotage to Life. LIfe wasn't horrible but I did find it slow. I concur with others who state sabotage had them on the edge of their seats. Life lacked that element.

I thought Dr. Perry's disability was deftly handled. I also like the way her attraction to Dr. Rush was dealt with. It was too soon after re-experiencing his wife's death to do that with anyone.
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          Is anybody surprised by this? Anybody?
                          What that I liked an episode better than the other or was it clearly that Sabatoge was a much better episode than Life?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          no but brian is entitled to his opinion
                          I am? SWEET!!!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          No he's not. This is Brian we are talking about
                          You are just jealous because I'm the prettier child.

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          Yeah, since when is Brian allowed to have an opinion around here?
                          I don't have opinions, because whatever I say is right, even when I am wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            I don't have opinions, because whatever I say is right, even when I am wrong.
                            Linda, is that you?
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Linda, is that you?
                              Where is Linda? Have not seen her on as of late.
                              sigpic

Comment

Easily Sabotage...even though I thought I was going to end up hating this one after all the talk way back after info was put out there about it.

Was Life the one with Scott and his ex girlfriend and the kid? I know I didn't like that one because it was soooo boring. And if it wasn't I still don't like Life whatever it was about as pretty much everything in the second half of the season has been better than most of the stuff in the first half.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X