Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was better than Life, so that's a plus.

But seriously, Perry was awesome(I loved the way she held her hands, like she doesn't know what to do with them) and it turned out SOOOOOOO much better than the casting sides would have had us believe.
    Of course, it was disappointing that the alien situation was so easily resolved. I'd have liked to see at least one of their ships latch on and board the Destiny, so a fire-fight would ensue. I'm not desperate for action, but it would have been nice. All of the running around with guns and getting prepared for battle, only for the whole thing to be resolved without a shot fired and like 3 exterior CG shots was kinda anticlimactic.

But still, good episode. I'm still not a fan of the stones, but the personal drama was handled much better than in Life. It felt more like Earth, where the ship-side story balanced things out.

And little Marvin the robot was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      Well, it was better than Life, so that's a plus.

But seriously, Perry was awesome(I loved the way she held her hands, like she doesn't know what to do with them) and it turned out SOOOOOOO much better than the casting sides would have had us believe.
      Of course, it was disappointing that the alien situation was so easily resolved. I'd have liked to see at least one of their ships latch on and board the Destiny, so a fire-fight would ensue. I'm not desperate for action, but it would have been nice. All of the running around with guns and getting prepared for battle, only for the whole thing to be resolved without a shot fired and like 3 exterior CG shots was kinda anticlimactic.

But still, good episode. I'm still not a fan of the stones, but the personal drama was handled much better than in Life. It felt more like Earth, where the ship-side story balanced things out.

And little Marvin the robot was cool.
      I am not convinced one of the ships didn't latch on just prior to FTL. I would do a screen shot thing if I knew how. Then again I don''t read the spoilers so its likely it doesn't happen.
      sigpic

Comment

I really like the episode -

the team getting back so unusually easily is, indeed strange.

Remember, the kino they sent through the gate to a 'planet' tj and young talked about it - as if they were there already? Which planet was that? the one w/the ruins ?? and the alien ships were there, so ... could Eli be not so talkative maybe for some other reason? Plus scott and chloe bonding no problem again , maybe because he met them [REALLY - we need a name for the blue people] also.

My little idea is, they all sat down and talked, no water tanks this time, and said to them [w/those neural things], look, we need a way on your ship, you need to get back. lets make a deal. its your only way back, take it or leave it. the away team probably didnt tell the whole truth, you know for drama and all. so they had to tell them something, maybe not quite enough but enough to let them know where the ship was, and info like that.
        ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
          I really like the episode -

the team getting back so unusually easily is, indeed strange.

Remember, the kino they sent through the gate to a 'planet' tj and young talked about it - as if they were there already? Which planet was that? the one w/the ruins ?? and the alien ships were there, so ... could Eli be not so talkative maybe for some other reason? Plus scott and chloe bonding no problem again , maybe because he met them [REALLY - we need a name for the blue people] also.

My little idea is, they all sat down and talked, no water tanks this time, and said to them [w/those neural things], look, we need a way on your ship, you need to get back. lets make a deal. its your only way back, take it or leave it. the away team probably didnt tell the whole truth, you know for drama and all. so they had to tell them something, maybe not quite enough but enough to let them know where the ship was, and info like that.

Comment

This was the first episode, I used the FF button. I didn't like it at all. The only interesting thing was the very ending of that episode
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

It was allot better than I thought, when I first heard about this epsiode right back at the start of the series I was not looking forward to it. However with the addition of the Galactic void, Blue Aliens, Franklin, Repairbot and awesome CGI this episode actually turned out great. Did not really care much for the Amanda/Camile plot although the rest of the episode made up for it.

Overall a solid episode.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

oh no, Im "facepalm'd" ....

so you tell me how they got back so easily ?
                ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by timebandit View Post
                  oh no, Im "facepalm'd" ....

so you tell me how they got back so easily ?
                  They dialed the friggin gate. The ship dropped out of FTL when it went kaboom and it was still in range of the planet on which the trio was stuck. When that happened, the address appeared on Eli's remote once again.

Comment

So having watched this ep I found it to be enjoyable. What was interesting was that while it was quite a slow character study, it didn't at least to me feel quite so slow, possibly because the ep hopped between various characters and their stories. I hoped for a bigger battle at the end of the ep, but I'm content to await for the big action at the end of the season.

And as people pointed out already, guess what all that controversy was a no show, the ep dwelled on the issues surrounding relationships and the stones, but I think you'd have to reach to find anything controversial.

Comment

I thought that it was a well done show. They could have focused a bit more on Wray, especially on her adaptation to being paralyzed. I think this episode throws another wrinkle into Rush, which is always good. I also liked seeing the tension develop between TJ and Young over the baby, this could make for some good drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                        Awesome, it's open!

I adore this episode. Unlike "Life," it managed to balance character growth with the overall plot, keeping us both interested in what was happening to the characters on an emotional level and in a state of suspense as far as the rest of the story. Very nicely done.
                        I was surprised they managed to pack as much cha development (rush, wray and even a little with parks) as they did while still giving a good suspenseful plot.

I was struck by how wonderful Rush was in this episode. I was afraid he and Perry were going to sleep together, and I would have considered that a very bad thing, considering Wray and all. But he, not she, was the one who raised first a moral and then an emotional reason not to.
                        Actually i was NOT surprised at his refusal to bed down with her. I know 3 people who had 'issues' like he has, and did not even start dating till at least 7 years later (9 for one and still don't know if the third has ever gotten back on "the band wagon"). So i can easily see someone as 'devoted' as he is to his work also having the same level of devotion to loved ones as he has shown he had for his wife.

I also loved that he tried so hard to keep Young from sitting in the chair. I was surprised by it, somewhat. Rush's conscience is far stronger now, and even if he was once nearly murdered by Young, he seems to have completely rejected notions of revenge.
                        I doubt it was from not wanting to get revenge on Young, but more cause he felt Young did not have the mentall capacity to deal with what the chair puts you through.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        Young: there's a lost feeling to him but because he doesn't talk about it, it comes out in subtle moments. Like not shaving. It's a small thing but for such a military guy, that's a big deal. He seems slumped and smaller somehow, without the ones that he's lost. There's so much that he clearly needs to say but he's reserved and holds everything in. The letters that he's clearly written to TJ and Matthew should prove interesting.
                        I am now wondering what is IN those letters he wrote. Also i am left wondering WHY he did not shave and just seemed to sit there, almost in resigned defeat.

Young and Rush:
                        They're working together, “for the greater good”. Rush seemed unnerved/uneasy/surprised that Young would sit in the chair if it would save them. Rush keeping Young from sitting in the chair was a nice touch.
                        I am thinking (hoping) it was more uneasy with him sitting in it. Rush knows that young is already a little unhinged, and with his recent experience with the chair in the forefront of his mind, i am hoping that he felt young was not up to the task of sitting there.

Poor Eli, feeling like a third wheel, that's awkward. I found his conversation with Amanda about Rush to be interesting as I didn't think he thought to little (openly) about Rush. He doesn't see Rush as likable, I suppose.
                        That was strange, seeing how easily Eli seemed to slam on Rush to Perry. Perhaps he did feel like a third wheel and felt he might benefit if he drew a wedge between the 2.

Greer: Greer is simply full of awesome in so many ways. Whether it's shaving his head (I have a soft spot for Riddick, so the whole head shaving thing before trouble strikes just works for me), helping injured people get to the infirmary, asking TJ if she's okay, or taking charge when the attack happens, he's just solid in every way.
                        The head shaving thing to me was just them doing standard military protocols.. That and most blacks i see like Greer (muscle types) seem to go with the shaved head look. As to how he handled himself, imo he stepped up another notch. Almost erasing his fubar for not thinking to shoot in the air to 'alert' the others who might have been there still by the gate.

I wonder if Rush will do as he stated and find a way to bring her aboard again.
                        I for one can easily see him doing that.

I really get that panic that Wray felt when her girlfriend was away for a longer time than expected, given the need she was in.
                        I didn't understan that especially since her love has had a lot more time without her being there with no panic attacks. AND her helper was still there..

and then disappearing from a locked room? That's a wonderful mystery and a half! The issues with James aren't at an end, I don't think, and neither are the issues with Franklin, who I believe may still be in the ship somehow.
                        See the thread that has been started on this.

The Robot!: How cool is that?! I had figured it was some sort of a maintenance thing but it's very cool that it's working now.
                        I am surprised it was a walking robot.. i thought it would hover like the kino's.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Jelgate's Two Cents

That seemed completely pointless. I mean seriously we know Scott and company are left behind, do we really need a scene showing the explanation of them being left behind and the journey into another galaxy.
                        It felt just right to me. Lets look at it from my perspective as a fellow mil member. Many a time we get hints and rumors (even truths to them), but until the higher ups actually give the briefing, some of us don't take it all in. That plus it helps to put into the mind of US, that there are so many lives there that young still has to care for.

I object to Amanda Perry being the greatest expert on hyperdrives. Surely that title would belong to Carter from SG1. But given the logistics and budget it would take to get Amanda Tapping on Universe I’ll let it slide.
                        Sine when has carter done a lot with hyperdrives? if anything i would have said Mccay or Zelenka. BUT from what is said we know that Ms Perry is working on a new brand of hyperdrives... So that would place her above the other 2.

Overall I liked her introduction and the difficulties it took for James and Wray to occupy a quadriplegics body.
                        What i would like to know is if she IS such a hot shot with tech, how the heck can see do all the work she does in her condition? I can see it if she is just there for the theoretical/math proofs, but there is more to hyperdrive making than just that.

Speaking of unpredictability I am wondering why the blowing up of the FTL drive caused Franklin to wake up like that. It’s a curious which I don’t think will ever be answered given what happened in the end of Sabotage but I’ll get to that later.
                        I am wondering if he is more linked to the ship than we thought he might be before. And if that explosion to him was like someone snapping a leg, a wake up call of immense proportions.

After all that struggling in Lost to return to Destiny it was just too easy for them to give up and magically show up. Like I said it made sense and all but I found it little too easy to accomplish.
                        Agreed. It was quite the let down when you think of all the suspense they put in play last ep..

As the team went to check on “Eli’s Planet” as an evacuation site the aliens firing back at the gate was so predictable. I’ve watched enough Stargate to know when a character says for sure that everything is fine then you know well that everything is not fine so I kind of figured that the second Eli sent that KINO through the event horizon of the wormhole that something was going to be wrong. Now I did not think it was going to be the blue aliens but I had a feeling that something was going to be wrong.
                        the thing i didn't like about this is that we have seen from many other eps when enemies fire at stuff comin through the gate that their shots can come back, BUT there did not seem to be ANY concern that the blue alien's ships shots could come back through... I am wondering was this an oversight?

Before we talk about the actual battle with the aliens we have to talk about the prelude to battle in what I mean the crazy dreams James was having. From what we know about the blue aliens it makes sense technologically but it was not something. We have seen from past episodes that James is stressed out both mentally and emotionally. So I thought that is what the dreams meant in that is was James’ subconscious trying to let it all out if you will. I never saw the aliens using the communication stones and her to sabotage the FTL. It was a cool twist if you will.
                        This is making me wonder if they now have a way to fully swap with someone on the ship.
                        Spoiler:
                        And whether they will use that to help them gate aboard in later eps..

Cont next post...

Comment

That was horrible. Where do I begin? I don't even want to begin. Bad drama, boring characters, multitude plot contrivances, bad story telling flow. I couldn't believe how stupid it was. I think the writer who wrote it must have been drunk or something. It was incoherent. Even the side story with the disabled person was badly done (and I like that type of drama sometime). I wont even bother review it right now. Just to say 2/10. (Lost was 8/10)
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I think the writer who wrote it must have been drunk or something
                            She was a freelancer... There's your "or something".
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                              Young - Liked him getting along with Rush, and volunteering to sit in the chair. Also props for giving Franklin the choice instead of being bullheaded. His character growth is nice, and I'm starting to like him again.
                              I am wondering if young seeing how Rush is changing, has realised he needs to do the same.. And that is why he offered to sit there.

Rush - Interesting to get past more of the exterior shell and see the human beneath. Would be nice to see him grow to care more for Amanda, and get together with her near the end; also, I hope to see all these experiences turn him more human, and less of a cold logical manipulator of humans. Which, like Young, it's nice to see him grow out of, and work with everyone, particularly Volker and Brody.
                              As i mentioned elsewhere, perhaps this is the key that the show needs to have Rush WANT to return to earth.

Wray - Woman has guts, volunteering to be stuck in that kind of a body. Thought her scenes were touching. My opinion of her has risen considerably since the show began. She's come a long way since Air and Darkness.
                              And it puts her above james who freeked out and left the body.. THOUGH i wonder how she did that.

I liked Eli giving the glasses to Rush; that was touching somehow. Nothing much else I can say about Scott, but Chloe's contribution was interesting; talking to James and figuring out she was probably body swapped and sabotaged the ship. As I've said before, this alien knowledge connection for Chloe could be interesting, but it all depends on how long the smurfs stay around.
                              The Glasses hand over scene was the most touching aspect of that whole return of the trio to me. And i loved how it was Chloe who was the one to help diagnose Jame's issue. Though i wonder if that was cause she has been there (the blue's prisoner) or cause the powers that be want to show she can do the quack stuff so TJ won't always have to do that.

but then again it is nice to see an actual engineering team, instead of one person (Carter or McKay) doing everything.
                              And it was Especially nice to see both Young and rush looking to ALL of them rather than just rush.

Well it was kind of given when she designed and built the first few hyperdrives for the 303s/304s
                              When did she build them? I thought they were gifts from the Asguard.

I think it is clear that franklin ascended.
                              No it is not. Every other ascention we have seen left the clothes behind. Where were his?

I was watching the episode and I kept thinking that it would be cool if Amanda could get a Tok'ra symbiote. She was a well-written female character. I want to see the character again, but only happier in her life. And if she were to retrieve a symbiote, I'm sure that Camille and Wray could come to a mutual agreement for acceptable uses of body swapping.
                              I wonder if that would work for someone in her conditon. And would she want it?

he does not like Rush, eh? Interesting, but then again Rush doesn't really care for him either.
                              Which makes me wonder if they are setting things up for a Rush/Eli war..

Another topic that the writers have sort of skipped is how this gang should be showing some signs of malnutrition. Their food supply seems to magically never run out.
                              A) they have had several times where they stocked up on provisions when they went planet side AND we DID see them instigate rationing.. So i can easily see malnutrition not setting in yet.

Perhaps he's a mirror of Rush: as Rush starts to move away from his misanthropy and isolation, Eli is actually going in the opposite direction. I get goose bumps just thinking about Eli as a bad guy. I mean, I love Eli, he's my second-favorite character. I don't want him to be irredeamably evil. But I'd be okay with him at least causing problems for a while. Can you imagine some future scene where Rush is doing the 'good' thing to try and stop Eli from doing something horrible? I am almost tempted to write fan-fic now.
                              While i am all for something like that happening, it would be a little cliche imo.

[quote]How galling it must be, that even Rush has a special someone, despite his bitter personality and his moral failings, and Eli doesn't.[quote]

Jealousy. A perfect reasoning for him to hate rush more!

My one complain has to do with Franklin. I really wanted him to speak in Ancient. It would have tied things nicely with O'Neill's experience with repositories. The Chair is being used more and more like Atlantis' command chair even though the show likes to pretend Atlantis never happened.
                              Part of me was wondering if when he came too, he would be like Oneill, and eventually go all ancient on us. BUT he just woke up. So maybe his mind has not shifted yet.

Comment

I have to agree though Perry in the episode was much better that the Perry of the casting sides. Also Rush was better too. In the casting sides it looked like Rush didn't care about Perry using Camille's body for that stuff but in reality he turned it down. Im actually starting to like that guy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X