Chloe - "welcome to our new galaxy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    Yeah I'm not really surprised they skipped over the chance to show the crew stuck sitting around the ship with nowhere to go and no way for anything to get to them.
    like the doctor would say. boring ride.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There was potential for more drama during the long voyage, like running out of food, cannibalism, going insane... but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
        There was potential for more drama during the long voyage, like running out of food, cannibalism, going insane... but oh well.
        Getting cool alien bugs in your head... Stabbing chicks with screw drivers? Good times!

Comment

Initially I was in the "What, no episode dealing with the trip through the void between galaxies?" camp. However, other than having an episode dealing with boredom, lack of food (even boring food) and water, and whatever else they could put into such an episode, how would that be substantially different from the current show?

Maybe we could have had an episode of Rush and Young playing chess? Lots and lots of chess...

regards,
          G.

PS - or perhaps an expansion of the practical joke kinosode could have been done.
          Last edited by Gollumpus; 14 May 2010, 10:15 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
          Go for Marty...

Comment

They went through the void, entered the system, gated to world....then the show catches up with them....and they've made no progress re: anything during all that time?

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
              Getting cool alien bugs in your head... Stabbing chicks with screw drivers? Good times!
              All that happen in the new galaxy. Are you trying to go somewhere with this?

Comment

Maybe some Kino Webisodes will take place during the void trip

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  Maybe some Kino Webisodes will take place during the void trip
                  the new one probably does.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    People who have recently been off world = Scott, Chloe, Eli and Greer + everyone who went to save them...
                    We know Scott had one, greer had one chloe had one, and most of the rescue team. So why not Eli?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      We know Scott had one, greer had one chloe had one, and most of the rescue team. So why not Eli?
                      Because they didn't pick up the ticks in "Human"/"Lost," they picked them up some time after "Sabotage."

The initial carriers were Scott, James, Volker, "snake guy," and the scientist woman. Chloe's tick came off of Scott during the episode (it jumped from him to her after they tried to pull it off), while Greer and Rush got their ticks from either Scott or one of the other carriers.
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

It did seem odd the way they just skipped over the void without a further mention or a montage of day to day life in the void. Rush/Young playing chess, Rush wins over and over again and then finally at the end of the montage Young finally wins a game and Rush is perplexed, TJ’s growing belly, lots of shots of people looking out at nothingness and a rapidly receding galaxy on the observation deck ect. And apparently the psychedelic ticks were picked up on a planet we didn’t even see them visit. I feel like I missed an episode somewhere.

Where do they post those kino vids btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                          Because they didn't pick up the ticks in "Human"/"Lost," they picked them up some time after "Sabotage."

The initial carriers were Scott, James, Volker, "snake guy," and the scientist woman. Chloe's tick came off of Scott during the episode (it jumped from him to her after they tried to pull it off), while Greer and Rush got their ticks from either Scott or one of the other carriers.
                          I'm actually starting to think you're right. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes that the ticks have done nothing since "Human," making it more likely that they've arrived in the new galaxy and picked them up on a mission to a planet there.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I felt that this episode and the previous one don't fit well together. I was kinda hoping for an episode or two that take place in the void as well.

Rush said that the blues where obsessed with Destiny, obsessed for how long? Have they followed it throw more than one galaxy? Maybe some evidence on whether or not the blues are able to follow them to the new galaxy would have been nice.

Comment

As the first episode in a new galaxy it was a bit tame. It'd be better if they actually showed them going through the stargate.

Comment

I'm ok with them skipping over the void, but there needs to be a reference to it. How long did they search for Franklin? A month? Would it take more than a few days to search all of the accessible areas of the ship? I mean, they made such a big deal previously about how long it would take to cross and Destiny not having enough power to run that long at FTL... How long can Destiny travel in FTL without recharging now?

Kinda a big gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X