This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

How unnerving though. And rather embarrassing. Other people knowing your worst/most powerful fear or emotion and actually seeing you acting upon it. Now people may question all actions of others, and characters may question their own actions too.
    Seriously. So does everyone (-->Chloe) know about what James' hallucination was? Awkward, if word of that gets around. I hope Wray can forgive Greer, too.

Anyways, my least favorite episode so far. But thats okay.
    sigpic
    Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
    O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
    Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
    O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

yees it was kinda meh but i loved several things, the chloe/dad/eli thing, the tj/young thing and of course the greer/wray/rush thing. Wray was the only one who did not halucinate right? And EEls at the end made me smile the song in the beginning ... meh... James I dont like her...
      sigpic

Comment

Space ticks?..... C'mon. It was such a filler episode. Nothing resolved, don't feel like I learned anything about the characters that I didn't already know. Overall I liked most of the acting though. I've enjoyed the second half much more than the first, but this is the low point in MY opinion. The one thing that I think could have saved it, would have been if some of the hallucinations were not in fact hallucinations and they had much bigger problems than just bugs and people freaking out to deal with.

Q: Aren't they supposed to be in the void between galaxies right now? Previously there was such a big deal about getting the stranded team back before they left the galaxy that they were in, then the power issues.... Which led me to believe that they were leaving right then. At the end of Pain, they stop for a gate. A rogue planet between galaxies that that is somehow hospitable enough for them to go to, or was the time frame for the galaxy jump a little overblown? I realize the crew didn't have exact information on when they would be leaving, just guesses. It just seemed odd that there was a gate stop at this point to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Hasn't it been said that last three episodes is very much classic SG?

Not aimed at you, but I don't get people, who say there was nothing they liked etc and used FF button. Who knows what you missed when you didn't watch all the ep properly?
          Personally even the worst episodes despite being bad have some little bit of a redeeming moment and scene even if they are overall bad. Except maybe Family Ties
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            This whole episode was a bunch of "Meh" to me.

The only things I really enjoyed were Carlyle once he went nuts(his skulking around and peering around corners had me laughing out loud) and the editing during the hallucinations. Oh, and crazy!Greer was also fun, especially the "Stand down!/Permission to use deadly force?" exchange. But otherwise, it was blah. I just wasn't feeling it.
            That was really cool. He stabs Wray, knocks over Greer, and begins attacking everyone else. That was just.............crazy! It was a decent enough stand alone ep, but you are right, it was nothing to write home about.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Personally even the worst episodes despite being bad have some little bit of a redeeming moment and scene even if they are overall bad. Except maybe Family Ties
              Sadly jel, SGU cannot afford anymore mediocre eps. But what is mediocre to you and I could be amazing to other people watching the series, we just don't know.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Sadly jel, SGU cannot afford anymore mediocre eps. But what is mediocre to you and I could be amazing to other people watching the series, we just don't know.
                This has nothing to do with how SGU is performing and what it can afford and what it can't. Just that every episode whatever its quality is has some moment of a good scene or moment
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Wasn't this the episode where in his blog, Mallozzi said that we would see Scott at his worst and his best was in Water? Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else, but if not, I didn't see anything in this one that particularly distinguished Scott as anything but his, "normal" self. What was it in Pain that justified that comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                    I liked the contemplative atmosphere at the end. This is something I thought about since the first episodes, they should do any kind of decontamination after returning form a foreign planet. Even without the adequate equipment to do that properly, they can look at least for insect-like aliens to be visible with the naked eye.
                    Well I know on SG-1 it was established (but not regularly shown) that all teams would report to Dr. Fraiser for examination when returning from offworld. I imagine that procedure has been kept up on Destiny, and TJ just missed the ticks on her initial examination of the away team.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      This has nothing to do with how SGU is performing and what it can afford and what it can't. Just that every episode whatever its quality is has some moment of a good scene or moment
                      *sigh* whatever floats your boat, not going to get into an endless arguement with you.

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                      Wasn't this the episode where in his blog, Mallozzi said that we would see Scott at his worst and his best was in Water? Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else, but if not, I didn't see anything in this one that particularly distinguished Scott as anything but his, "normal" self. What was it in Pain that justified that comment?
                      Yeah, I guess Joe M was referring to him being dead. To me that is his best. lol. I don't like the character. I did like Chloe in this ep a little, but she still needs a lot of work. She was the most useful in "Lost". This episode was touching with her father but the whole "No, leave the alien tick on me" was kinda stupid. lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

Probably meant the hallucination of him that James had. Scott is a real jerk to her in that regard
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Jel beat me to it but yeah, in James' hallucination, Scott is a real ...well, I'll keep that to myself, but he's definitely not at his best
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Up until the murdering she wasn't having the worst hallucination ever though was she?

Comment

Sometimes I have a difficult time deciding when Mallozzi is making a comment tongue and cheek and when he's saying something that is in fact, insightful. Guess this was one of those times!

Chloe has used up her allotment of, it's my right to be stupid, but don't hold it against me later, type of behavior. Eli's lovesick puppy routine is also wearing thin with me. But I guess that's what their characters are designed to do. On one hand you have this gritty show complete with flawed personalities and on the other they seem to never change, despite all they've been though. You feed me a diet of gruel for 3 or 4 months and I guarantee I'd be a changed person, let alone everything else that has happened!

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                                Up until the murdering she wasn't having the worst hallucination ever though was she?
                                nope, it looked pretty good until that point
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X