Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not disappointed, because I was rather spoiled for the episode and thus was fairly sure the aliens were a hallucination.

That said - I hope we see them (or some other equally cool looking aliens) again soon - if for no other reason than they terrify Rush, and apparently frightened!Rush is pretty bad-ass!
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Ya i was disappointed. I was psyched about the seeing that clip, but oh well. Maybe a season 2 story.
      sigpic

Comment

Nope. I never watched any of the trailers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          Nope. I never watched any of the trailers
          Lol, wise. Though it might be tempting, your now better off than we are.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
            The Blue aliens didn't actually board destiny? Ive been looking forward to that ever since that clip was in the trailer..
            I remember CBS putting on Flashpoint about a Canadian SWAT team. Every episode's promo used every second that the cops were running with their weapons or aiming to make it seem like it was an action/adventure show and not a psychological drama about cops who were forced to kill in the line of duty. Face it, Universe is not your father's Stargate where you could be fairly certain that you would see action and machinegun fire. However the ad people know who the fans of the fictional Stargate "verse" are so they will play up their needs on the network promos.

Comment

Nope, I think the blueberry aliens have had their run, it's nice to have that final loose end tied up.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Unfortunately, trailers either always lie or always spoil. Hype has a way of screwing people over who fall into it. Space and Divided aired, and I have a great hunch the aliens won't be part of the finale. Combine that with all the people on the forums here saying they couldn't wait to see the aliens on the Destiny, and then we got the Pain synopsis about hallucinations... it, just like Sabotage's nonchalant return of the stranded trio from Lost, seemed like the outlook the episode would go to (In a rare pesimestic moment). Was I disappointed? Nope. I'd probably be disappointed if it was a bigger surprise.
                I was also really disappointed. I was looking forward to it. There's no way I would have thought the aliens boarding the Destiny was only a dream or hallucination. They seem so much intent to take over the Destiny, that it seems like it was just a matter of weeks before they push the thing through.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Jeff writes: “By the way Joe, one of my buddies texted me the other day after Pain aired, and said that Eli and James should hook up.”

Answer: Your friend’s name wouldn’t happen to be David Blue, would it?
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...l-do-not-read/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                    I was also really disappointed. I was looking forward to it. There's no way I would have thought the aliens boarding the Destiny was only a dream or hallucination. They seem so much intent to take over the Destiny, that it seems like it was just a matter of weeks before they push the thing through.
                    Yeh I learned a long time ago with "ER" which was another show that I watched, that the promos were very misleading. They were always "edited" in such a way that we got one impression, and when it aired, we got a completely different thing. They would always cut to a line of dialogue, or a part of an action scene, and then back to another line of dialogue. And we would get a sense of something that was going to happen. And would be let down every time when we found out that it was the complete opposite.

Thus why I never watch the previews for the next week unless I forget to change the channel and it happens to come on before I do.
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

The thing I always think is most keeping me from getting into SGU is simply not liking any of the main characters. In this episode, as usual, they were all about the most miserable & uninteresting bunch of people ever to board a spaceship. It wouldn't hurt to make a joke or laugh occasionally. Their plight isn't that bad even if they all seem to be in urgent need of anti-depressant medication.

Also, I don't consider slow conversations with lots of long glances into the air to be good acting. Anyone can do that. I didn't consider it good acting when they were always doing it on BSG and I don't consider it good acting on SGU (or BSG2 as I generally think of it as).

Comment

Originally posted by Candy88 View Post
                        Their plight isn't that bad even if they all seem to be in urgent need of anti-depressant medication.
                        Really? Seems rather dire to me. What with the raging hallucinations, short supplies of food and water, attacks by pissed-off blue aliens, and such.
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

The thing I always think is most keeping me from getting into SGU is simply not liking any of the main characters. In this episode, as usual, they were all about the most miserable & uninteresting bunch of people ever to board a spaceship. It wouldn't hurt to make a joke or laugh occasionally. Their plight isn't that bad even if they all seem to be in urgent need of anti-depressant medication.

Also, I don't consider slow conversations with lots of long glances into the air to be good acting. Anyone can do that. I didn't consider it good acting when they were always doing it on BSG and I don't consider it good acting on SGU (or BSG2 as I generally think of it as).
                          Really??? I think the complete opposite. I have seen some of the most brilliant performances out of some of the cast. Specifically Alaina Huffman since SGU's return after the hiatus.

Sure not every scene of every episode has had me glued to my TV or necessarily been to my liking, but then again if it were, I would then begin to wonder as not everything is perfect. And sure, not every episode or scene is going to be loved by everyone. And that's ok. It makes us appreciate the stuff we did like all that much more. And if it is episode after episode after episode that a person doesn't like, then perhaps it is time to move on to a show that they do like more. Not every show is going to be loved by everyone. SGU is no exception. And just because a person was a SG1 and or SGA fan doesn't make them obligated to watch SGU, or make them any less a person. Everyone has likes and dislikes and that is just a fact of life.
                          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

HA!!!

I swear I haven't been trying to start a ship. But if one is starting, I'm ok with it.

I still think the idea can be funny, harsh, tragic, powerful, and unpredictable if pulled off well.

Comment

I don't mean to hate on SG1 or SGA in general, but I would rather watch Pain again than Grace or Doppelganger.
                              Call the plot 'contrived', 'weak', or 'obvious' all you like, but I think what it showed of the characters fit into the overall show better than those other two episodes did. (Grace was about a side of Carter's feelings which wasn't really that relevant to the overall show, a girl randomly singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, an alien ship we never saw inside or saw again, and a nebula which we never found out much about. Doppelganger was about an evil Shepperd randomly haunting people's dreams, fear of whales (and maybe clowns or am I misremembering that?) and Shepperd fighting with mindShepperd. Most of the hallucinations and fears in Pain were based off stuff in previous episodes and from the show's track record I expect that at least some of it will be important in later eps.
                              Phantoms was a better past hallucination ep, though mainly because of the action. The 'character development' was more 'briefly show off that the characters have a backstory' which tended to be the pattern in the past shows (as they were not so character driven) (not that there's anything wrong with that).
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I've had laugh out loud moments in SGU, usually because of Young's very dry sense of humour.

Can you give an example? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X