TJ and Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    I think if they were going to do that, they would have done it by now. From the amount of times that babies have come into the picture, I'd venture a guess that the writers would rather write around the pregnancy than lose the actress?
    Agreed. There are plenty of ways to write around the pregnancy if it is something that they don't want to have as part of the storyline at the time. Writing her behind things, to conceal the pregnancy, or have her kidnapped till after the baby etc. And in this case TPTB decided to write her pregnancy into the show which definately will add a different element to the show which I think I'm going to like.

I'd be betting that it may have been somewhat of an inconvenience to the writers as they probably were not expecting to have to write for a pregnant actress so soon into the show (about 2/3'ds of the way through the very first season). However in this case they were able to get away with it just because of the back story of her and Young having an affair before leaving Icarus.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I have been pretty hard on Young for quite a while, but this moment with TJ made me like him just a little bit more. When he laughed about the Spiders was good too and when he told Rush he enjoyed chess, he seems to be relaxing a little bit more at times.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        I have been pretty hard on Young for quite a while, but this moment with TJ made me like him just a little bit more. When he laughed about the Spiders was good too and when he told Rush he enjoyed chess, he seems to be relaxing a little bit more at times.
        I think that we are beginning to see some changes in both Rush and Young. With TJ having informed Young that she was pregnant with his baby, I think we will see even more of a change in him personally and also as a leader. What will be interesting will be how the two of them handle her pregnancy. Will he want to end it with his wife (appears that there were no children in their relationship) and want to try to get back together with TJ. Will TJ even want to get back together with Young since their "thing" was ended months ago back on Icarus. Will we see some conflict if Young does want to get back with TJ, and TJ doesn't want to get back with him or vice versa. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Reality is, we have not yet been given much insight as to the extent of their little "thing". Was it serious? Was it just a one night stand kinda deal? We have yet to even know how long the affair lasted. So these things can also have an effect on the situation also. After all, TJ waited till she was 22 weeks to inform him of her pregnancy. Had to be some sort of reasons why she waited as long as she did to tell him.
        Last edited by SG7; 04 May 2010, 08:18 AM.
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
          I think that we are beginning to see some changes in both Rush and Young. With TJ having informed Young that she was pregnant with his baby, I think we will see even more of a change in him personally and also as a leader. What will be interesting will be how the two of them handle her pregnancy. Will he want to end it with his wife (appears that there were no children in their relationship) and want to try to get back together with TJ. Will TJ even want to get back together with Young since their "thing" was ended months ago back on Icarus. Will we see some conflict if Young does want to get back with TJ, and TJ doesn't want to get back with him or vice versa. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Reality is, we have not yet been given much insight as to the extent of their little "thing". Was it serious? Was it just a one night stand kinda deal? We have yet to even know how long the affair lasted. So these things can also have an effect on the situation also. After all, TJ waited till she was 22 weeks to inform him of her pregnancy. Had to be some sort of reasons why she waited as long as she did to tell him.
          yep, for all we know it could have just been a one-of, it should be interesting to see how that plays out
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            yep, for all we know it could have just been a one-of, it should be interesting to see how that plays out
            And if that is the case that it was just a one-of type one night stand, then it would probably make things that much more awkward between the two. Especially if they had already had the "yeh we shoulda never done this" conversation back on Icarus. Could potentially make it very awkward for the two of them with her carrying the baby that will remind them of their "mistake". If in fact it was just a mistake.

Comment

I wasn't surprised that Young would take responsibility. The question is whether or not he'll acknowledge the baby publicly.

What I am certain of is that that baby is never going to want for comfort. And if something happens to that baby, Destiny's crew will move mountains to ensure that whoever is responsible suffers.

SCENE: They have an alien prisoner.
              SCOTT: Colonel, we found it. *hands Young something*
              YOUNG: Thank you.
              WRAY: What's going on?
              YOUNG: My last assignment before Icarus, I spent two days as temporary host to a Tok'ra.
              WRAY: Meaning... wait, you don't mean...
              (Young turns to the alien prisoner)
              YOUNG: I will ask you one more time...
              (Young raises his hand up. He is wearing a GO'AULD PAIN DEVICE. He activates it.)
              YOUNG: Where is your base of operations?
              Last edited by Meshakhad; 04 May 2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

First, didn't Young's wife kinda end it?

Second, I kinda get the impression that it was much more than a one night stand. TJ has seemed to be on an emotional roller coaster because of their past. The fact that Young's wife knew about it would likely imply it was something serious enough to know about.

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                I wasn't surprised that Young would take responsibility. The question is whether or not he'll acknowledge the baby publicly.
                How could Young not acknowledge the baby publicly? Everyone will know in about 30 seconds.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  First, didn't Young's wife kinda end it?

Second, I kinda get the impression that it was much more than a one night stand. TJ has seemed to be on an emotional roller coaster because of their past. The fact that Young's wife knew about it would likely imply it was something serious enough to know about.

How could Young not acknowledge the baby publicly? Everyone will know in about 30 seconds.
                  It depends on who all knew about their "affair". Though with him telling TJ "we're gonna make this work" does mean that the rest of the crew will be able to do the math and figure out that he is the father when he starts caring for her during her pregnancy and once the baby is born. You're right about TJ, she did seem to be on an emotnional roller coaster which would suggest that their "affair" was more than a one night stand. Which if there was a lot of emotiona "baggage", then that would explain her not wanting to tell him of her pregnancy until she couldn't really hide it any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    So far, I am happy with how things went. Just wait until the rest of the crew find out though. That should be pretty interesting.
                    Well, so far Chloe, Scott, and Park know she's pregnant. It sounded like Park knew who the father was when she was talking to TJ about it. I doubt very much she'll be keeping her mouth shut about it with the rest of the crew. And if Chloe wasn't stranded away from the ship, it would likely have been around the ship in nothing flat.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    I'm glad that Young took it as well as he did and wanted to work it out with TJ 'cause frankly I get pretty tired of TV typically showing the guy as being non-supportive in those difficult kinds of situations.

It was obvious that he still cared about TJ and I loved that he hugged her.

It will be interesting how the rest of Destiny responds to the situation. I wonder if they will tell everyone that the baby is Young's, or just keep it to the select few who know, though given the situation it will be pretty tough to keep that kind of information a secret for too long.
                    Indeed.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I'm not surprised that Young reacted the way he did, but then again I'm one of the few here who don't hate Young's guts.
                    Now this raises another question: is this Young's first child? Has he had a child with Emily?
                    I like Young. He has his faults and has done some questionable things, but I think he's actually a good person.

And I doubt that he and Emily have any children.

Originally posted by Fridgefiend View Post
                    Specifically I'm looking forward to when Wray finds out. I can see her as trying to use it to discredit Young so she can get command maybe.
                    In spite of the fraternization issue, I really doubt Young will be replaced by anybody. IMO Wray doesn't have what it takes to be in command of the Destiny; especially when it comes to dealing with hostile aliens. It's not like the military can actually do anything to Young at this point. What are they going to do? Have him switch bodies with somebody so they can courtmartial him?

Comment

Any gossip or rumour will fly around the ship at light speed. People just can't help themselves when there is a lack of entertainment and everyone feels so homely being holed up together for so long.

Comment

No matter what people on the ship think about Young, from what I've seen, it looks like TJ is very well liked among the crew. I don't think anyone (with the possible exception of Camile Wray) is going to make her life more difficult if they can help it. If there are going to be any problems, they will either come from those who don't support Young or from Earth.
                        "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
                        "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
                          No matter what people on the ship think about Young, from what I've seen, it looks like TJ is very well liked among the crew. I don't think anyone (with the possible exception of Camile Wray) is going to make her life more difficult if they can help it. If there are going to be any problems, they will either come from those who don't support Young or from Earth.
                          In fact I get the impression that once the crew does know (hopefully with her being the one to tell most), they will most likely rally around her and give her lots of support. As I too see that the crew both military and civillian seem to like her.

Agree that the only one I really see having or causing any problems is Wray.

Comment

I thought the scene was well done. I was expecting Young to react in a similar fashion and I'm glad I was right. As someone has already posted, my money is on Wray to spill the news to the SGC and thus Telford and thus Mrs. Young.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              I thought the scene was well done. I was expecting Young to react in a similar fashion and I'm glad I was right. As someone has already posted, my money is on Wray to spill the news to the SGC and thus Telford and thus Mrs. Young.
                              Yeh, there's the can of worms just waiting to be opened.....And yeh, the funny money's on Wray being the one to spill the beans.

Comment

About Alaina Huffman's pregnancy, see http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...s-a-baby-girl/ which is a GW story.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X