Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation as to how Scott, Eli and Chloe get back to Destiny?

Spoiler:
    The simplest explanation is when Destiny’s FTL drive cuts out they redial the gate and simply go through the gate. I think this scenario is too pat to make a satisfying conclusion.

What I would like to see is they gate back to the planet that has the downed alien spaceship and attempt to repair it. While Eli attempts to make sense of their systems Chloe discovers that as she studies the readouts she can read their language and understand their technology. They speculate that the thought transfer device that she was subjected to must have worked both ways and have transferred some of the alien’s knowledge to her. They disarm the alarm device that had notified the aliens of Rush’s presence and then proceed to fix the ship. The ship takes off and Scott pilots the ship to rejoin Destiny which the ship’s sensors have shown is currently stopped in the void. That scenario would be cool but may be a bit of a stretch to swallow.

Another possible one would be to again return to the alien ship and discover that Destiny is stopped in the void. They then proceed to remove the ship power supply which luckily happens to be portable and return with it to the gate closest to Destiny. They connect it to the gate and use it to augment the gate’s power extending its range and allowing it to connect to Destiny and boom - they are home. If they wanted to get past the whole portable part they could add that it was lucky that Eli and Chloe were able to modify the anti-gravity floor plating of the ship into a sled to transport the device with.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
      Speculation as to how Scott, Eli and Chloe get back to Destiny?

Spoiler:
      The simplest explanation is when Destiny’s FTL drive cuts out they redial the gate and simply go through the gate. I think this scenario is too pat to make a satisfying conclusion.

What I would like to see is they gate back to the planet that has the downed alien spaceship and attempt to repair it. While Eli attempts to make sense of their systems Chloe discovers that as she studies the readouts she can read their language and understand their technology. They speculate that the thought transfer device that she was subjected to must have worked both ways and have transferred some of the alien’s knowledge to her. They disarm the alarm device that had notified the aliens of Rush’s presence and then proceed to fix the ship. The ship takes off and Scott pilots the ship to rejoin Destiny which the ship’s sensors have shown is currently stopped in the void. That scenario would be cool but may be a bit of a stretch to swallow.

Another possible one would be to again return to the alien ship and discover that Destiny is stopped in the void. They then proceed to remove the ship power supply which luckily happens to be portable and return with it to the gate closest to Destiny. They connect it to the gate and use it to augment the gate’s power extending its range and allowing it to connect to Destiny and boom - they are home. If they wanted to get past the whole portable part they could add that it was lucky that Eli and Chloe were able to modify the anti-gravity floor plating of the ship into a sled to transport the device with.
      Spoiler:
      I think they'd return to the alien ship. For better or worse, that's how Rush got back
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        I seriously don't get people complaning about the dinosaur cgi, it was as good as the cgi in most movies, people are just too critical.

As for the episode, one of my favourites so far.
        It wasn't poor CGI, it was just very foggy.
        The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

I thought the CGI was great. I mean come on, compared to some other shows out there, this show has awesome visual effects for television.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbitrary View Post
            I'm really going off this show, hugely fast, I'll watch it until the end of series 1, but then I think I'll dust off the box-sets and go back to 'real' stargate.
            highly disappointed that the 9th chevron was wasted in such a series of weak premises.
            Wow, your gracing us with your presence for a whole series before returning to what you term ' True' Stargate in your infinite wisdom.

How lucky are we.

You could just stop watching as of right now if you want. I mean, I don't know how we'll enjoy the show without it you. But somehow, I think we will pull through.

Comment

Great episode. It was fun to see the crew having problem to solve with some twists and turn on the plot. Everything add up well even the Greer flashback, for which I prepared coffee to prevent me to sleep on them, were straight to the point and slightly related to the plot. Great use of the secondary characters like Riley, James, Brody in this episode. Along with Time and Space, one of the top SGU episode.

I give it a generous but well deserved 8.0
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Damn, this episode was intense! When Greer was running back to the gate i was on the edge of my seat hoping that he'd get there in time. Also when Rush stepped through instead of Scott, Eli, and Chloe that was one of the most suspensful moments of any Stargate episode i've seen!

I can't wait to see what happens next and who rescues Scott and the gang.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I think they'd return to the alien ship. For better or worse, that's how Rush got back
                  I'm with you, I think they'll get picked up by the blue meanies somehow. Great episode!
                  SGU fangirl

Comment

I really think that Greer is turning out to be my favorite character in the series. I enjoyed learning more about him. Rather surprised that the 3 of them got left behind, not something that typically happens in a show. Can't wait to see how they get back.

Comment

So Lt. James says "5 minutes" (until Destiny jumps) at 38:45, and the ship goes into FTL at 40:30. Wow, those have got to be the fastest 5 minutes ever, huh? I thought this part of the episode was really contrived and rushed. I don't know about you, but to me it felt like there was more than enough time for everyone to return to Destiny. If the writers wanted to dump Chloe, Scott and Eli convincingly, better timing was required, imo.

Other than that, I thought the episode was OK, though I find it hard to believe the crashed alien ship's computer would still be operational and contain info on the local gate network. I mean, why the hell a freaking pod would have this kind of information anyway? So Chloe acquired some cool language skills due to her ordeal in Space? Go Smurfs!

Well, I guess the episode's lesson is sometimes it's better to wait for help than to go out throwing yourself into the unknown, which is basically B.A.G.'s lesson, who must have already been returned to Earth by now while those losers on board Destiny are still stranded on the other side of the universe.

8/10

I was going to give the ep a 7, but I decided to give it an 8 due to the continued and complete absence of those stupid LRC stones in the story. Way to go writers!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                        So Lt. James says "5 minutes" (until Destiny jumps) at 38:45, and the ship goes into FTL at 40:30. Wow, those have got to be the fastest 5 minutes ever, huh? I thought this part of the episode was really contrived and rushed. I don't know about you, but to me it felt like there was more than enough time for everyone to return to Destiny. If the writers wanted to dump Chloe, Scott and Eli convincingly, better timing was required, imo.

Other than that, I thought the episode was OK, though I find it hard to believe the crashed alien ship's computer would still be operational and contain info on the local gate network. I mean, why the hell a freaking pod would have this kind of information anyway? So Chloe acquired some cool language skills due to her ordeal in Space? Go Smurfs!

Well, I guess the episode's lesson is sometimes it's better to wait for help than to go out throwing yourself into the unknown, which is basically B.A.G.'s lesson, who must have already been returned to Earth by now while those losers on board Destiny are still stranded on the other side of the universe.

8/10

I was going to give the ep a 7, but I decided to give it an 8 due to the continued and complete absence of those stupid LRC stones in the story. Way to go writers!
                        How was it contrived? They had 3 hours to trace their way back across thousands of possible stargates. Wouldn't it have been more contrived had they made it back with an hour to spare?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post

8/10

Since when has TV been shot in real time?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            WAnd for last, I leave TJ and Young. That really touched me, to the point where I misted up. Young has so much on his plate - I know everyone does but he's in charge so it's his responsibility - but he reacted just right to that. He showed a gentleness that, even as a Young fan, I hadn't expected to see. It was very touching.
                            Agreed. I was not expecting Young to react in the beautiful way that he did. And you are absolutely right. He has so much to be responsible for, yet when TJ told him that she was pregnant and that it was his baby, he made sure that she knew that he would work through the situation with her. I too was almost teary eyed. I was just dissappointed that there was really only the one scene with the two of them where she tells him that she is pregnant. And then nothing after that. Hopefully we will get more over the next episode or two.
                            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                              Mindswapping ? They didn't swap minds with her. The devices they had mounted on them only worked one way.
                              No, it is slightly 2-way. Rush was able to wrestle some knowledge of the alien ship from the Blues, allowing him and Chloe to escape it back in "Space". It stands to reason that Chloe may have gotten a bit of alien mind backwash as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Since when has TV been shot in real time?

I get what you're saying, but the problem here was that the writers made time extremely relevant to the episode's conclusion right then and there. Wouldn't it have made more sense if Lt. James had said "2 minutes until Destiny goes into FTL"?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X