This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobbyScars View Post
    Oh Im about to make everyone go, "Oh yeah thats a good point" .

Think about how Jackson and ONeill started out, would anyone have thought they would become best friends as fast as they did?

Pause for the oh's.
    Perhaps not but O'Neill has commonsense.

Comment

Think about how Jackson and ONeill started out, would anyone have thought they would become best friends as fast as they did?

Pause for the oh's.
      Actually I don't think that O'Neill hated Jackson. Just found him to be annoying more than anything. And I never saw Jackson as hating O'Neill at all.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Really? Dammit. I can see them in the not too distant future sitting at a table laughing while they play a game of chess.
        Maybe somewhere in the middle to end of next season, but not this season. Might do a disservice to the viewing audience seeing a turn around in their relationship that fast. Unless either enough time has passed. Or the writers do an awesome writing job bringing them to being friends.
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
          Perhaps not but O'Neill has commonsense.
          Well I think he agrees, LOL. I was merely pointing out that two character were able to make a drastic change and allowed them to become quite close. At first it will become a basic respect for each other, then before you know it they will become all chummy.

Comment

Really? I can see them in the not too distant future sitting at a table laughing while they play a game of chess.
            Rush would have to finish carving the pieces first... and given the frequency with which cirses occur on Destiny, that probably won't happen for awhile, if they did manage to work out their, shall we say, issues, first.
            "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
            -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
              I completely agree with your assessment. Imo Rush has taken significant steps on the path towards his redemption. I would like to see some dialog where Young acknowledges that he recognizes what Rush has done and thanks him for it. Young’s command style tends to be abrupt and I think it is part of the problem he has had on Destiny. A heartfelt thanks to Rush would be a good step towards improving their relationship.
              Young should first apologise to Rush for trying to kill him if he wants to get anywhere. Young has not done that in any meaningful way so any talk of Rush's redemption makes no sense to me in view of the crimes that Young actually has committed.

Comment

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                Young should first apologise to Rush for trying to kill him if he wants to get anywhere. Young has not done that in any meaningful way so any talk of Rush's redemption makes no sense to me in view of the crimes that Young actually has committed.
                Agreed. If Young doesn't make any serious apology to Rush, then I don't think that it would look right them being friends. If someone tried to kill me, then I think they'd have to do something pretty serious for me to even think of regaining any level of trust.

What would have been better would have been for Rush's team to be the ones stranded. Then we would have really seen how much Young has made amends with Rush in how much of an effort he makes to try to get them back.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                  Agreed. If Young doesn't make any serious apology to Rush, then I don't think that it would look right them being friends. If someone tried to kill me, then I think they'd have to do something pretty serious for me to even think of regaining any level of trust.

What would have been better would have been for Rush's team to be the ones stranded. Then we would have really seen how much Young has made amends with Rush in how much of an effort he makes to try to get them back.
                  Nope, that scenario would only work if Rush was the only one stranded. He had marines with him and Young would have tried to get them back. Rush would be incidental to that.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Nope, that scenario would only work if Rush was the only one stranded. He had marines with him and Young would have tried to get them back. Rush would be incidental to that.
                    True enough. Now had he said that he was going to go off on his own and try to find them, then that would be a different story. Then we'd really see what Young does.

Comment

Personally I see the quote, "Its not over sir." by Greer is just about right.
                      Agreed. Especially since we are still getting the "for the sake of the crew" excerpt at the front of every episode. I reckon we wouldn't be constantly reminded of that conversation if there wasn't something more to eventually follow, even though we haven't seen much on it since then.

Comment

Pause for the oh's.
                        Originally posted by Daro View Post
                        I thought that at first. But honestly, it's a lot easier to see Jackson and O'Neill becomming friends. Their problems with each other were fairly minor compared to Rush and Young. O'Neill never treated Jackson as badly as Young treats Rush, certainly never wanted to kill him. The scale of the rivalry between the SGU pair is on a level far above SG-1's. I can't imagine them ever being friends.
                        I can see the comparison, but I agree with Daro
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                          to be fair here, while we're talking about apologizing, Rush is no saint. He tried to frame the man for murder at a time when they really didn't need the distraction. Then there's the whole stranding them all on Destiny in the first place tacked on to constant manipulations and mis-truths on Rush's part. I think before everyone jumps on the "I hate Young" train, it should be remembered that there's more than enough to go around, which has been one of the defining features of SGU. No one's blameless. They are both coming to the middle for the sake of the crew. Will they be friends? I doubt it, but I'm sure they'll work together.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            to be fair here, while we're talking about apologizing, Rush is no saint. He tried to frame the man for murder at a time when they really didn't need the distraction. Then there's the whole stranding them all on Destiny in the first place tacked on to constant manipulations and mis-truths on Rush's part. I think before everyone jumps on the "I hate Young" train, it should be remembered that there's more than enough to go around, which has been one of the defining features of SGU. No one's blameless. They are both coming to the middle for the sake of the crew. Will they be friends? I doubt it, but I'm sure they'll work together.
                            Very well said! I concur...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              I also concur. Nicely observed!
                              And your point is also been seen within the show itself, with the characters no longer having that constant air of mistrust that they used to around Rush in the opening episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by gatefanjo-m View Post
                                I also concur. Nicely observed!
                                And your point is also been seen within the show itself, with the characters no longer having that constant air of mistrust that they used to around Rush in the opening episodes.
                                thanks, and yes, it is starting to show amongst the others, like this:
                                DESTINY. In the Control Interface Room, Brody is standing near the holoscreen which has been reactivated.
                                BRODY: Are you seeing what I'm seeing?
                                RUSH (unhappily): Yeah. Well, I suspected as much.
                                BRODY: Well, if it's true ...
                                RUSH (quietly): I know.
                                BRODY: You're not gonna tell Young?
                                RUSH: It's not certain.
                                BRODY: You have to tell him.
                                where even when Rush doesn't want to be completely truthful, he's held to it by others
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X