• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one. At the time he thought Greer was dead
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked everything except for Greer's backstory. I was too busy pointing and laughing at that ridiculous teen!Greer wig.

Extra points for the ending. Poor kids got a busy signal! Yikes! I liked that Rush was so subdued, just trying to get things done in his fatigues. Also, I had been dreading TJ's reveal but it came out way better than I had expected. I'm still not happy with Young though. Griping about James' relationship with Scott, hypocritical much considering he had impregnated a woman in his chain of command? And how on earth did Lisa Park know TJ was pregnant and who the father was? It didn't make a whole lot of sense for TJ to share that info. Lisa might have noticed the pregnancy but why would TJ away the identity of the father?

Comment

Loved this episode. Liked how we finally got to see some of greers past. Had always assumed that, but was nice to see it confirmed. The whole TJ is pregnant thing. It was kind of out there with nothing to do with the story, but I think thats the point they were trying to make on the ship there are emergancies everyday and if she wanted to pick the right time to tell him then who knows when that may be. I also expected Scott and co to not make it back on the ship the first time because Rush wasn't on board yet, though had no idea that they wouldn't make it back.
        Speaking of Rush he was by far my favourite in the episode, which surprises me and if it was mentioned earlier I apologise, but did anyone find Rush kind of out of character in this episode, I mean throughout the series Rush has shown that he has little regard for anyones life aboard the ship. Let alone put himself in danger and leading a rescue team trying to find the missing crew. In saying that I liked Rush's character before, but also enjoyed seeing how he was in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by atrain84 View Post
          Speaking of Rush he was by far my favourite in the episode, which surprises me and if it was mentioned earlier I apologise, but did anyone find Rush kind of out of character in this episode, I mean throughout the series Rush has shown that he has little regard for anyones life aboard the ship. Let alone put himself in danger and leading a rescue team trying to find the missing crew. In saying that I liked Rush's character before, but also enjoyed seeing how he was in this episode.
          Rush kind of changed after his experience with the Control Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            But they knew the Faith planet was liveable in a few hours. The same probably can be said about the ruins planet
            The ruins planet had big giant spiders; the Faith planet, as far as we know, doesn't. If it was me, seeing 2 giant spiders would be more than enough for me to get off that planet!!
            The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
              The ruins planet had big giant spiders; the Faith planet, as far as we know, doesn't. If it was me, seeing 2 giant spiders would be more than enough for me to get off that planet!!
              Every planet has dangerous animals. Look at Earth
              Jelgate is right

Comment

If the events were lined up as we saw them on-screen then I was wondering why Greer didn't at least fire a few rounds in a retort as soon he was outside the maze to say "I am here." It would have been the only unnatural sound for miles.
                sigpic
                Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

I got to about page 4 and then decided to stop reading the rest (out of 8-9 pages) so forgive me if most of this has already been mentioned.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  The first time Eli dialed the Destiny I had a feeling it was going to be Rush’s team that reports back. But knowing Stargate like I do I just figured Eli and the team would make a lock in his 2nd dial. Imagine my shock when Scott, Eli, and Chloe were left behind when Destiny left the galaxy. It was a shocker of a cliffhanger and I am so excited how this continues in the next episode
                  I know! I felt exactly the same way. This is the equivalent of a mid-season cliffhanger, but we're not in the middle/end of the season. Completely unexpected ending... left me stunned.

GREAT EPISODE! Lost is one of my favourites, perhaps my most favourite so far. I haven't watched the first 10 for ages (waiting for DVD to be released in Australia) so I'll have to refresh my mind with those before I can make a proper comparison.

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  I know totally sux. One more week.
                  Or maybe there'll be another unexpected cliffhanger, and we'll have to wait 2-3 more weeks? *touch-wood*
                  Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

TEST ... my post didn't seem to be posted & Gate World is acting strangely... or perhaps because it's my first post it needs to be moderated first?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      Rush kind of changed after his experience with the Control Chair.
                      Agreed. I think the events of every episode since "Justice" and culminating in "Human" have snapped Rush out of his cold and totally logical approach to the value of human life. We still see that he is a workaholic, and some might argue his concern was solely for the purpose of getting Eli, arguably the most potentially valuable person on Destiny, back. I'd think otherwise, though, considering all we've seen regarding his inner conflicts, and taking into account how he risked his life to save Chloe and sitting in the chair; if he was the same man he'd been in "Justice," he might have tried to convince Brody or Volker to go. Instead, he assumed the risk himself. I am not sure the old Rush would have done that. I think the character is growing and changing, which is nice to see in any show.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
                        TEST ... my post didn't seem to be posted & Gate World is acting strangely... or perhaps because it's my first post it needs to be moderated first?
                        Your post had already been cleared.

For more info ,re-read your registration e-mail and check out this post/thread.
                        "Probie" Status for New Members

Also,there are some glitches going on,but those are a fix-in-progress being tackled by the SysAdmin and Owner.

Welcome to the forum anyway !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

And thanks for the link as well. It says that I'm not allowed to send PMs there, but I sent a PM off to someone already and it seemed to go through. Will just wait and see if I get a response from them then.

It's kind of annoying, to be honest, though I understand the reasons for adding in this extra step. I noticed now that when I post there's a message that says something about moderation... but it redirects back to the list of threads before I can even read it, which is why I probably didn't notice it earlier. I might suggest that the delay be made slightly longer so that people have a chance to read the page... if I can figure out where to post suggestions

Comment

Best place to post suggestions and questions about Probie permissions and such will be in that other thread.

Meet you over there !
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Good episode! I never thought they wouldn't make it back to Destiny! Who knew!?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Good episode! I never thought they wouldn't make it back to Destiny! Who knew!?
                                the writers
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X