Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    you get to clean up the drool
    I usually do...*sigh*

Comment

*puts tape over my gob before I make a Babylon 5/Zathrus comment*
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

So Rush finds out they'll be jumping to a new galaxy soon...

...how soon we talking? This season soon?
        sigpic

Comment

I thought the jump was going to take place in Lost.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

That would be cool...so soon would = a few hours? Likely just in time to save our stranded friends!
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the jump to another galaxy with look different to destiny's normal FTL jump.

Comment

Ugh, I hate the word "jump" being used. It's not jumping anywhere. But they just HAD to make it sound "hipper".

Comment

What's wrong with "jumping" into hyperspace? It happens so fast I would say jump is very appropriate, at least in American English.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    What's wrong with "jumping" into hyperspace? It happens so fast I would say jump is very appropriate, at least in American English.
                    It's not hyperspace. And when it comes to completely BS methods of FTL travel described in science fiction, what Destiny does is not "jumping". What Galactica does is jumping. It literally skips through space. Destiny travels in a straight line. It isn't in point A one second and point B the other, without actually having traversed the space between the points.

Comment

I meant jumping into FTL, not hyperspace (woops) but I don't really think it matters.

Saying they they are "jumping" doesn't necessarily imply that. I think of it more like they fact that they really don't build steam. They go from not moving or barely moving to traveling at FTL speeds. They "jump" to FTL.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jumping sounds better than skipping imo

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          I thought the jump was going to take place in Lost.
                          It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Destiny to arrive in a new galaxy, might give us a better guess at what FTL actually means.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Destiny to arrive in a new galaxy, might give us a better guess at what FTL actually means.
                            depends on how big the void between galaxies is
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              depends on how big the void between galaxies is
                              That was what I was going to say. Also, I'm pretty sure that
                              Spoiler:
                              the LA will probably arrive when they are in between galaxies? Certainly the Destiny would make drops out of FTL, too when traveling in the void between galaxies, no? Didn't I read something about that here on GW? Too bad the search functions isn't working again.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I said a better guess, now we know very little.

Regardless, if it takes under a week we'll know the ship is fast. If it takes over 2 months we'll know something too. I know we won't find out that the galaxies are exactly 100 light years apart, but I'm sure someone smarter than me can use averages and make a decent educated guess at a likely range of speed the Destiny is traveling.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X