This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
    NOOOO!!! Why didn't you just catch it and take it outside?

That's what I do....
    Cos it was a little sucker. The very, very, very, very large (and bloody fast) huntsman that looked like this one only much bigger, I put outside. Redbacks, though, they're fair game for my bovver boots. Not having them in the house; they can stay in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Cos it was a little sucker. The very, very, very, very large (and bloody fast) huntsman that looked like this one only much bigger, I put outside. Redbacks, though, they're fair game for my bovver boots. Not having them in the house; they can stay in the garage.
      Omg, I would cry if I got spiders that big here....much less in my house. I only get small ones, and they still creep me out.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        I don't understand this, the promo always shows us the get go of the upcoming episode. And this get go is that Chloe, Eli, Scott and Greer are trapped on the planet from the previous episode. Chloe, Eli and Scott escape while Greer is left on the planet, we know that from spoilers and that's what we see in the promo, which, I might add, is only 20 seconds.
        Seriously what promo were you watching? Greer is not even seen in the promo in the first place. Well, not unless you include some dark, blurry half second shot of some figure dodging death in a collapsing cave. We do however get plenty shots of Eli, Scott and Chloe who also get a few lines including in those 20 plus seconds in the promotion. It is not the same thing so to suggest that Greer is just as much part of the trailer form the "get go'" as those three is disingenuous at best.

And seriously do you think still pictures on the website of scenes from the upcoming episode is of the same importance as the trailer? Really? Sorry to break it to you but most folks watching this show don't go to the SyFy website to view still pictures. Most viewers rely on the trailer to clue them in on what the next episode is about. And those casual viewers who don't keep up with spoilers like you and me will see that trailer and not think that Greer is featured in this upcoming episode. That's a far different cry from the promotion of "Human" which made it very clear to the casual viewer that Rush was the featured character of that episode.

The difference between these two has nothing to do with preference of SyFy, mgm, me, you or anyone else... it is just a logical fact, consequence of the episode's structure and plot building.
        I disagree. It suggests a pattern. But that's my opinion and I'm not asking you to agree with it.

It's a quite simply explanation and not some Preferential treatment conspiracy.
        It would only count as a conspiracy if they were trying to hide it or if they were worried that the majority of its viewers would even care,

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Omg, I would cry if I got spiders that big here....much less in my house. I only get small ones, and they still creep me out.
          I have loads of daddy long legs in the house but I leave them alone because they kill other spiders, including redbacks.

Comment

well, I don't think Young needs a lap dog and as for Greer? Lap dog? I just can't see that at all
            I don't see it either. He's more of an attack dog.

Comment

Oh man, that hair on Greer is beyond awful. I don't care if the scenes are dramatic, I'm afraid I'll be too busy laughing at that thing on his head.

Comment

I think the reason Greer is not featured in the promo clip is to make it look like he will be killed in the episode. I tend to believe promos are designed for misdirection. If they really were going to kill Greer I think they wouldn’t have advertised it first. They would save it for its shock value during the actual airing of the episode. I wonder if anyone remembers when they killed Dr. Beckett from SG-A and/or Dr. Fraiser from SG-1 if the promos featured any hint of it?

I think Greer will survive and the four of them will be reunited with the Destiny by going through the Stargate to the next planet Destiny stops at. Either Eli knows the address from his computer perusal or they receive a radio communication through the gate from the planet telling them the address to dial. I don’t think they unlock Destiny’s computer just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                  I think the reason Greer is not featured in the promo clip is to make it look like he will be killed in the episode. I tend to believe promos are designed for misdirection. If they really were going to kill Greer I think they wouldn’t have advertised it first. They would save it for its shock value during the actual airing of the episode. I wonder if anyone remembers when they killed Dr. Beckett from SG-A and/or Dr. Fraser from SG-1 if the promos featured any hint of it?

I think Greer will survive and the four of them will be reunited with the Destiny by going through the Stargate to the next planet Destiny stops at. Either Eli knows the address from his computer perusal or they receive a radio communication through the gate from the planet telling them the address to dial. I don’t think they unlock Destiny’s computer just yet.
                  And like I said, the whole preferential featuring of other characters in promo is irrelevant here...
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Stargate MGM has a new cool picture for "Lost" on their home page.

This is a clickable thumb.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

All I kept thinking at the end of that 20 second trailer was I hope that thing can't fit through the Chappa'ai, cause it was coming at Scott head first.

Comment

Alien Dinosaur FTW!!!!

Comment

Alien dinosaurs showed up in SGA. At least, a mention of them when they were looking for an alpha site/beta site/greek letter site.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            Alien dinosaurs showed up in SGA. At least, a mention of them when they were looking for an alpha site/beta site/greek letter site.
                            At least according to Ford. I don't put much stock in Ford's professional opinion of dinosaurs
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                              Stargate MGM has a new cool picture for "Lost" on their home page.

This is a clickable thumb.
                              Spoiler:
                              Ahh... Is that the dinosaur planet or the poison atmosphere planet?
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Spoiler:
                                There's a poison atmosphere planet?

Comment

Working...
                                X