This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    MattSilver, BrianGate and RedDevil, I adore you guys, heehee!
    Oh, I'm used to being adored. I had to kick a worshiper away from my door this morning, in order to get out. And just half an hour ago I got back from the pub and there was a giant wreath hanging from the INSIDE of my door. And then there was the virgin...Some seriously spooky crap.

Comment

well, I might be able to manage the wreath.....
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        huh?
        If my point wasn't clear let me say that Scott, Eli and Chloe have never been lacking in terms of being used in promos for the show or trailers for upcoming episodes. Meanwhile Greer is barely ever seen in such promotions. (Not saying he was never used....just that his inclusion tended to be more rare). Now perhaps Greer's absence is somewhat understandable considering he has never been featured in all the previous eps. But in this upcoming episode "Lost" in which he is finally going to be featured the folks at SyFy didn't think any clip of him was worthy of being edited into the promotional trailer. You don't find that strange? Can you think of one promotion for the show this season in which the featured character wasn't used in the trailer?

I recognize some of the folks commenting in this thread as being regular visitors to the Jamil/Greer Appreciation Thread and it's a surprise to me that none of you picked up on his omission in these advertisements. Knowing a bit about how the system works promos are intentionally constructed to give viewers something that sells the product (show). And what the people at SyFy have apparently decided is that Jamil/Greer is not a face that can sell the show to the populace, unlike guys like Scott, Eli, Chloe....Rush, Young, TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
          If my point wasn't clear let me say that Scott, Eli and Chloe have never been lacking in terms of being used in promos for the show or trailers for upcoming episodes. Meanwhile Greer is barely ever seen in such promotions. (Not saying he was never used....just that his inclusion tended to be more rare). Now perhaps Greer's absence is somewhat understandable considering he has never been featured in all the previous eps. But in this upcoming episode "Lost" in which he is finally going to be featured the folks at SyFy didn't think any clip of him was worthy of being edited into the promotional trailer. You don't find that strange? Can you think of one promotion for the show this season in which the featured character wasn't used in the trailer?

I recognize some of the folks commenting in this thread as being regular visitors to the Jamil/Greer Appreciation Thread and it's a surprise to me that none of you picked up on his omission in these advertisements. Knowing a bit about how the system works promos are intentionally constructed to give viewers something that sells the product (show). And what the people at SyFy have apparently decided is that Jamil/Greer is not a face that can sell the show to the populace, unlike guys like Scott, Eli, Chloe....Rush, Young, TJ.
          Yes, SyFy is home of the KKK. That and big CG dinosaurs sell better.

Comment

I don't understand this, the promo always shows us the get go of the upcoming episode. And this get go is that Chloe, Eli, Scott and Greer are trapped on the planet from the previous episode. Chloe, Eli and Scott escape while Greer is left on the planet, we know that from spoilers and that's what we see in the promo, which, I might add, is only 20 seconds.

However, while the SyFy promo shows the get-go, the premise (is that the word?) for the episode, the promo pics on stargate.mgm.com always show pics from the entire episode. So, seeing as the episode will include a lot of Greer back-story, there are a lot of Greer related pics.

The difference between these two has nothing to do with preference of SyFy, mgm, me, you or anyone else... it is just a logical fact, consequence of the episode's structure and plot building. And THAT's why I don't understand what you are saying. Hence, the "huh? "

It's a quite simply explanation and not some Preferential treatment conspiracy.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD_RA View Post
              Looks friendly
              is it just me or does it look like a smaller version of the Rancor from Return of the Jedi?
              goodbye to a great tv showsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thejudeboy View Post
                is it just me or does it look like a smaller version of the Rancor from Return of the Jedi?
                Yes. Hell, I didn't even SEE the trailer and I said that. When the thing first showed up on SkyOne ads in the UK, weeks ago, people started talking about a "big alien monster with big teeth". I immediately thought "RANCOR!"

So yes, SGU is a Star Wars rip-off.

Comment

Young without his lap dog Greer will be fun to see

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post

Comment

well, I don't think Young needs a lap dog and as for Greer? Lap dog? I just can't see that at all
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Lap dog, he says. Man, the ACLU is gonna be all up in here, bustin' heads with that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          Which may explain the heart-to-heart that TJ and James seem to be having in one of the promo photos. Without Greer and Scott, Young might feel a wee bit isolated.

*scowls at the lack of promo photos of Rush*

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Yes, SyFy is home of the KKK. That and big CG dinosaurs sell better.
                            Go ahead and make jokes. Because the evidence is so overwhelming that Hollywood treats its non-white characters the same as its white characters. How foolish of me to suggest otherwise.

Comment

ZOMG! I just had a spider crawling on me.

*killed it dead*

Go ahead and make jokes. Because the evidence is so overwhelming that Hollywood treats its non-white characters the same as its white characters. How foolish of me to suggest otherwise.
                              You know, if you think there's been some sort of civil rights violation, you go ahead and complain to the network. Me, I'm going to complain about the lack of small but perfectly formed Scottish scientists in the promo shots.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                ZOMG! I just had a spider crawling on me.

*killed it dead*
                                NOOOO!!! Why didn't you just catch it and take it outside?

That's what I do....
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X