Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't they use the stones in Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can imagine something like in SGA where they sent strictly censored videotapes through the stargate, but did not put the relatives in direct contact

the sappy huddely cuddely with a stranger's body would make better television than filming the crew using the telford body to write their goodbye letters, but it doesn't make sense militarily except towards people who are in the circle of trust of the stargate program
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post

Young: I just think we're going to
      get to a point very soon, where everyone on board, should get a chance to say goodbye.
      O'Neill: Understood.

I think we can agree the moment in Light where everybody was facing a certain death was that moment.

Based on that conversation Young had with O'Neill, Light was the time for those messages to happen. We didn't see it. The whole thing lacks continuity because such a big deal was made out of people being able to contact their families when the 'end is near'. Light was a clear indication that the end was near. . .
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Based on that conversation Young had with O'Neill, Light was the time for those messages to happen. We didn't see it. The whole thing lacks continuity because such a big deal was made out of people being able to contact their families when the 'end is near'. Light was a clear indication that the end was near. . .
        Exactly. Well said. Have some mental green.
        And some Kiwi Lemonade in honor of KiwiWednesday.
        http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7...20spritzer.jpg
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

because it was in the script, alas.

they truly missed out on an opportunity for some great drama.

a character says, "I want to say goodbye to my children' and then decides, once on Earth, NOT to return. I mean would someone NOT think of that? Or perhaps I've watched too many crime shows

but of course if you have 80 people wanting to say goodbye.... would have been neat to have had a scene where Young says 'no, it would be impossible to do and couldn't risk lives of those back on earth.'

wonder if being too close to a sun would cause interference and thus, no workability of the stones....

Comment

Working...
          X