No announcement yet.

Silk Sheets, Big Blankets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blankets beds are clean and goodlooking, even they are millions year old.

my 3 years old blanket seems older
    Nou ani Anquietas

Comment

Surely the blankets would at least smell a little mouldy?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
        The Ancients make their bedding to last.

ROTFLMAO, gotta love those Ancients LOL
        General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Why wouldn't it be possible that they just brought those blankets with them?
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            The way I see it, if interstellar ships older than the human race are possible, then bringing a few blankets through the gate with them is completely possible! Maybe the person in charge of doing all the purchasing for Icarus base was like..."hmmm, ok...we've already speant a badjillion dollars on this base, whats a few thousand more for some stylish blankets?"

And as far as what is already stored on Destiny? I see the crew eventually finding some crates with some Ancient-wear in them. Although the style is probably out of fashion, it is better than the old and dirty clothing the crew has on right now!

Comment

Because they didn't know that they were going to that ship and need them?

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                The Alterans are/were human like the rest of us. I'm sure that aside from the sophisticated technology and refined points of their civilization, having a nice, warm blankie at night was an essential technological and intellectual necessity.
                Tell that to the Tollan's.

Comment

I like the look of the Ancient pillows I wonder if they are actually comfortable.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                    Because they didn't know that they were going to that ship and need them?
                    Yeah, but wherever they went, they would have been prepared and have taken along these blankets. Don't you think?
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Perhaps I remember that wrong, but those blankets seemed to be really fancy as if the people were sleeping in a hotel. Same for the lobby-like seeting arrangements in the observation deck.
                      Definitely no military expedition-material. I could be wrong, of course. The Pentagon could find worse ways to spend its massive budget.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                        Where did the silk sheets and big blankets come from?
                        Scott has a pile of them on his bed during the shaggin scene.
                        Amazing, after 100,000 years, the sheets have not dry-rotted. Of course, the chairs on Atlantis (10,000 years) didn't spit or fall apart either. The Ancients obviously knew how to make a long-lasting cloth.

but yes, all the beds have bedding. very convenient.

Comment

The pillows certainly don't look like they came from Icarus. There's a great view of them in this vid.
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad View Post
                            Tell that to the Tollan's.
                            True, but even intransigent Tollan hardasses like Omoc would need beauty sleep, right? Well, at least right up until Anubis came into the picture...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but wherever they went, they would have been prepared and have taken along these blankets. Don't you think?
                              They were escaping and I don't think they had time to grab any blankets and pillows with them. Besides the fancy blankets and pillows looked really more like Teyla's belongings than military. I also wonder what is this powder they are making this liquid food of? And how much did they take it with them while escaping? Or how come there was (warm) water for Chloe to take a shower while the ship itself was so powerless, that even lights went down and all the other equipment seemed to stop working? I really hope to see some cool explanation or solution for all these mysterious things. Maybe it's not a ship at all, maybe it is some kind of a testing ground or something?

Comment

Simple explanations 101:

1. They carried crates through with them, most likely carrying all the rations etc they'd need for a while (would expect these to run out at some point)

2. The destiny before they arrived had no life support running, no need to as there were no passengers, you even see it all lighting up in the opening sequence of "Air". No life support = no air, no air (ie. CO2 or O2) no mould, or bacteria growth, also no heat to support any of this either (internal temp of destiny with no life support would equal that of the space around it).

3. The absence of heat and air would explain why the sheets etc wouldn't be mouldy or rotten, they would be perfectly preserved in the near absolute zero temperatures of space.

4. Lack of things like birth control aboard, would actually be a good issue for the show to do deal with along the line. Because the bringing of new life into the situation could severely upset the food rationing etc.
                                Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Working...
                                X